1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Development and Negative SEO

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by PeterG11, Nov 4, 2017.

Hello everyone,

I have recently started a link campaign for my website and have found many negative links to my site, from link farms to sites asking me for money to remove the links. I have sent emails but have not got any responses. So I heard it is best to use the disavow tool and just keep building quality links and content over time. I use majestic SEO for my backlink tracker and was wondering if anyone from experience knows how long it takes for google to disavow a link and once they do will it show up as deleted in my majestic profile?

Thank You

PeterG11, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  2. David Morrison

David Morrison Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It takes about 2 days to 2 weeks.

David Morrison, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  3. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, find out how severe is the impact of those negative links that you are talking about. You mentioned that you have only started the very recently. Therefore it is quite weird that you are having to deal with negative links this early.
    I suggest to check the links building services that you have bought. It is possible that you will find out the source of negative links from there.

seo_buzz, Nov 4, 2017 IP
  4. PeterG11

PeterG11 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is very strange. I did not buy any link building services and it also been more than 2 weeks, I actually started doing this the end of September. I did contact one guy who had a link farm and he did not want to remove the links because he said my blog feed was live. But he would remove them if I disabled my feed he said, go figure. Thanks

PeterG11, Nov 5, 2017 IP
  5. Highlandspring

Highlandspring Member

Best Answers:
    Google disavows links as it crawls them, so if you check the a link you wish to remove's cache date - using the cache: [ url of page link is on here ] command you'll get an idea of how regularly Google crawls pages. I've found links today with a cache date of Nov 2017 so that suggest it can take several months for Google to crawl some types of pages though most I check are less than a month old.

So the sooner you create and upload a disavow file the sooner you can get somewhere.

Other posts I've read suggest if you ping a link that will speed up Google's recrawling of it, not sure about that but it may be worth a try using a service like pingdom.

Highlandspring, Feb 4, 2018 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Use the Disavow tool in Google's Search Console (formerly Webmaster Tools). However, I have heard that it's more of a 'feel good' thing for you to do. Google may not penalize you for questionable links, but rather just de-value those links so they count for nothing.

usasportstraining, Feb 21, 2018 IP
  7. bellagarcia

bellagarcia Peon

Best Answers:
    As for disavowing the links here's what google said:
    "It may take some time for Google to process the information you’ve uploaded. In particular, this information will be incorporated into our index as we recrawl the web and reprocess the pages that we see, which can take a number of weeks. These links will continue to be shown in the Search Console inbound links section." Full article link here on disavowing link: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/2648487?hl=en

bellagarcia, Feb 21, 2018 IP
    jaguar34 likes this.
  8. Mark Lovett

Mark Lovett Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Peter, How do you like using majestic SEO for your backlink tracker? I'm looking for a low cost backlink tracker right now.

Mark Lovett, Feb 26, 2018 IP