1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Code Errors

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by wlh, Dec 7, 2004.

take a look at www.virtuehosts.com and look at the bottom page under any category. Why does the link code have "\" in them? The links will not work because of this. Yet, my static text link for "small business web design" works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Tony

wlh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure, but you need to fix that within your category script. Looks like it probably has something to do with magic quotes, although it's not coming from a form, so not sure why that would be.

A quick hack (although doesn't get to the root of the problem) would be to surround the ad variables with stripslashes() like so:
    echo stripslashes ($ad_network[0]);
    PHP:

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. wlh

wlh Guest

Best Answers:
    ah ha... works :)

by the I combined this virtehosts.com account with my other "waveline" how long will it take for the master account waveline show the weight from virtuehosts ? right now its saying they are now combined but I only see the weight for waveline

Thanks for the quick response

wlh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  4. wlh

wlh Guest

Best Answers:
    ok another problem (sorry)

for my virtuehosts account when I click on validate/calc weight everyonce in awhile it will give me an error saying :
    "Ads not found on http://www.virtuehosts.com/link.php?n=70&url=http://www.hostcentric.com%2"

whic is because it's an out going link with tracking.... but if I were to click on it a few more times it will go away and say everything is ok...

wlh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Takes up to an hour for the internal weight to be recalculated for new accounts.

Might want to add /link.php to your robots.txt as a disallow to make it easier.

digitalpoint, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  6. wlh

wlh Guest

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tip shawn, will do

wlh, Dec 7, 2004 IP