1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

link buyers beware of http://www.isellpagerank.com

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by testu, Jul 28, 2008.

Hello,

Beware of this website: http://www.isellpagerank.com. I bought a PR5 link from them and surprise! They placed my link on a blog comment which was "nofollow"! I emailed them and told them this is not what I paid for and they placed my link elsewhere. Guess what?! On another blog! But this time, the content was totally not related to my website.

Just wanted to let you guys know. Watch out for these sites claiming to offer you nice cheap PR links.

testu, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  2. kanter

kanter Banned

Best Answers:
    And also build-reciprocal-links.com ... horrible interface... horrible technology... slow server... bad english...

free service + and paid service should be avoided for these guys too. not a complete scam, just horrible execution.

kanter, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  3. Ben-AceofTech

Ben-AceofTech Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will say that you have to be smarter than the website... Though they do offer a great service at cheap rates sometimes you have to ask yourself, if its to good to be true, then it probably is.

The real, trustworthy way to buy links is in private communication. And these forums BST section is a great way to do it.

Ben-AceofTech, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  4. supercops

supercops Peon

Best Answers:
    No need to buy links fromanyone...just remember slow and steady wins the race....go slowly nd build liks your self

supercops, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  5. ceweqsakti

ceweqsakti Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for information.
    Ah,big scammer use adword to promote

ceweqsakti, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  6. theworldwinner

theworldwinner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why not u buy some links on dp itself

theworldwinner, Jul 28, 2008 IP
  7. Mr.Dee

Mr.Dee Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the warning, I hope this will save someone else some time, effort and moneyl

Mr.Dee, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  8. tapierce

tapierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've used iSellpagerank.com in the past and have had very good luck with them. I did receive blog comment posts but they were the PR that I ordered and were somewhat related to the theme of my site. Also were all "dofollow". Must depend on the order I guess....

tapierce, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  9. testu

testu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If I wanted blog comments (which are FREE) I would have searched for them myself. I wanted regular links on websites, not blog comments. Anyway, they refuse to refund my money. Guess I will have to call my bank. You know what the guy said? Here's the quote:

How the hell can they have my credit card info? I paid through their payment processor (www.mcssl.com). They better NOT have my credit card details. Anyway, I am calling my bank, ask for a chargeback and cancel this credit card.

For those who are interested, here is what I paid for, free of charge:
    This was the first: http://www.ethanzuckerman.com/blog/2008/02/08/ken-banks-on-frontline-sms/ (which is nofollow).
    http://www.adrocknaphobia.com/post.cfm/219-unread-messages-im-back was the second which had no PR and finally http://www.adrocknaphobia.com/post....lly-accessible-you-bet-your-robot-voice-it-is which was a PR5, free for DP members :)

testu, Jul 29, 2008 IP
    tonyran likes this.
  10. jack4ireland

jack4ireland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buying links is fools gold...

jack4ireland, Jul 29, 2008 IP
  11. Kontent.solutions

Kontent.solutions Peon

Best Answers:
    I heard someone saying. .. you get what you pay for .. :) ..

/G

Kontent.solutions, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  12. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you ever pay for a service that you randomly find online... do a Google search with the site name and scams or ripoffs etc... I found this website a few months ago and did a search and the owner was attempting to sell the domain/website. That immediately puts up a red flag. I then found posts mentioning how people were ripped off.

desilator, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  13. tapierce

tapierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog links pass PR just like any other link provided they are free of the "nofollow" attribute.

BTW, I'm definitely not affiliated with isellpr in any way. Just playing the devils advocate. I don't think their service is as bad as you are making it sound.

tapierce, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  14. chip01

chip01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think mcssl is just a secure service to collect credit cards offline and process them through your own terminal. They will have access to your card details.

chip01, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  15. nice4

nice4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the same story with me the web site name is : etracklive.com
    but this site thay didn't do anything they just take my mony $7.95 for 10000 clicks:D

nice4, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  16. testu

testu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how their service is and I don't plan on finding out. I wanted REAL links not blog comments. I know blog comments PASS PR but I was not after blog comments. Those are free. If I had the time, I would search for these myself. What really pissed me off was that guy telling me he has my credit card details. Also he was threatening me they will charge my card if I open a dispute with my bank about the transaction. This is not a nice way treating a customer.

testu, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  17. bobbylove321

bobbylove321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was always skeptical of sites such as that. Especially when their service is extremely cheap and their customer service horrible.

bobbylove321, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  18. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks for telling,we should totally avoid these kinds of imposters.

eric_wahlberg, Jul 30, 2008 IP
  19. bine

bine Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, now you're just being unreasonable. Some of the comments here are valid and these guys may indeed be sheisters. I ordered 100 PR4+ links from them a while back and have yet to see any of them show up yet and the PR of the pages they *supposedly* posted on (he claims manually - though somehow I doubt it), weren't even close to the PR that was claimed. I have sent an enquiry about that recently but have heard nothing so far. I will report back more when I either get a response or decide that he's ignoring customer support messages.

But what you are suggesting here is that an admittedly valuable service (the keyword here is IF you had the time - time is valuable and costs money you know) is something you unilaterally decided after the fact that you didn't want based upon a term that wasn't in the original contract. As far as I can tell from what you've stated you got precisely what you signed up for and now you're making some arbitrary fuss because the link you got that DOES pass the PR as stipuluated is on a site of type X (where X in this case is "blog").

How absurd! That's basically tantamount to saying "Oh I got the links that I wanted that would've cost me a lot of time and money to find and are exactly as stated in the original offer, but I refuse to pay because the links are on a site which has a hyphen in the name".

Smarten up and stop making complaints that make you look like a mere snivelling customer at best, or a total sheister at worst, and which subsequently give this (probably) irreputable company credit as an indirect result!

bine, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  20. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. It is a reminder and good for everyone.

johnkhoo, Aug 16, 2008 IP