1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link building too fast will get you baneed, so what would you call too fast??

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by seobeginner, Aug 2, 2008.

right now im on 200 backlinks

I have a whitehat way to get me hundreds, maybe a couple of thousand backlniks a day(and sorry, i can't share it its secret)

how many would you say were too many?

does it go in proportion to how many you already have? my domain is 8 motnhs old

i mean, how do people get 13 million links without getting banned?

thanks

seobeginner, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would say you are safe with 1,000 new ones a day, as long as their not obviously spam links..

Brandon Sheley, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  3. nfd2005

nfd2005 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much is your secret worth? :)

nfd2005, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  4. seobeginner

seobeginner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    uhhh... i wouldnt sell it,why make my competition harder

i will be top of google in around 2 months :D for not even working hard

i always thought maybe some of these ebooks tell the truth,but trust me, when you know some secrets to get you to the top whitehat, you aint gonna sell them, you just get more sites at the top

5. flashgordonweb

flashgordonweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd think that 1000 a day is pretty high. A safe number is what a person or small group of people could do: perhaps up to 100 a day. You want it to look natural.

flashgordonweb, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  6. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    but then how come there are people with 13 million links? they cant of done it 100 a day?

7. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because such sites generally have some very high quality links in the mix. Without those high quality links from authoritative sites, too many poor quality links will send up a red flag and possibly flunk a human review.

Most sites that have huge backlink profiles have been established for years...

snowbird, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  8. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=638356&highlight=million+backlinks+ebook

I have read that, it was some crap about the digitalpoint co op network or something

but this guy did get them quickly, he didnt have no well established sites

i know how to get a couple of .edu links but they are like blabla.blablue.edu

9. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The idea is to not make your backlink profile look unnatural. A site with a backlink profile of 100 backlinks for months growing to 2000 backlinks the following month does not look good. And if those backlinks drop off, or fail to grow at a reasonable rate, this also appears unnatural. I've seen sites where their homepages were deindexed simply because they lost all of their blog top commentator links around the same time. Granted they had small backlink profiles, but Google does look at backlink trends and adapts accordingly.

Rather then focus on the quantity of backlinks, one should focus on quality. Quality backlinks have the potential to deliver qualified traffic in addition to major increases in rankings.

I personally would not participate in any advertising co-op, but I know it has been successful for some. For others, they blame their site's penalty on participation in such link building methods.

snowbird, Aug 2, 2008 IP
    seobeginner and vegabond like this.
  10. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    thanks, thata a really helpfull psot ive added rep.

do you know if like msn yahoo etc go on backlinks? if so, do they have penaltys too?

and nope, i dont do that ad co op thing, i have other ways :D

snowbird likes this.
  11. billybw

billybw Peon

Best Answers:
    If all of the new backlinks you get are the same type of link, obtained by the same method, with the same anchor text, etc, that isn't going to look natural, and the Google algo will detect this. Anyone who uses an artificial scheme always takes a risk on getting banned.

billybw, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  12. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo and MSN both use backlinks for ranking purposes, to a much lesser degree and accuracy then Google. But MSN, more then Google or Yahoo, requires more onpage SEO.

Just make sure your other ways of gaining thousands of backlinks will be able to pass the sniff test. Competition can be brutal, and your competitors may report you if they feel you are pushing them out of their turf.

snowbird, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  13. DomainMagia

DomainMagia Peon

Best Answers:
    The key is natural link building pattern and it`s individual for each site.

- Number of links should fit somehow to your site popularity and traffic. It is not natural if you have 5 visitors but generate 1 000 links per day.
    - Anchor texts should be highly variable. There is no way to pass spam filter for instance with 1 000 links per day that have only 1, 5 or 10 anchors matching exactly your keywords. You need also natural amount of "click here", "mysite.com", "visit homepage" etc type random links.
    - You need links from different sources and IPs that aren`t related any way to each other. There should be some random mix of blogs, forums, news sites, topically related sates etc.
    - Link building pattern should have some consistency logically related to your site. Build 30 000 links per first month, have only 300 visitors same time, then stop link building for 2 months and add 30 000 links again... it`s really not difficult to filter out spammy link building off-page SEO that way ;)

DomainMagia, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  14. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip.

I have also a white Hat method that got me to page one in Google in short time. 'joomla 1.5 tutorial' in 12 days for 3.5million competing sites, but I have been linking directly to the homepage for this keywords. I will take your advise and link using these mixture of keywords to protect from suspicion although the sites that it is linking from are related.

thanks

inet, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  15. uzzi

uzzi Active Member

Best Answers:
    max 1000/a day

uzzi, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  16. everettekeane

everettekeane Banned

Best Answers:
    2500/day or more is fine with the G.

everettekeane, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  17. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    So suppose I get a sitewide link on a site with 10k pages indexed. My link will appear on each page. All those pages are not going to get crawled by Google in only one day but if the site has a high PR like say a PR6, and if Google bot crawls site regularly, is there a chance of me getting penalized?

zee, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  18. seobeginner

Best Answers:
    no, as ten thousand links from the same site doesnt have much more value than one link from the site

seobeginner, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  19. 1EightT

1EightT Guest

Best Answers:
    lol, incoming links aren't going to get you banned no matter how many a day you get.

1EightT, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  20. deleted-account

deleted-account Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it depends, if the site just started obviously 1000 a day is outrageous. If the site has been up for a while and it suddenly goes to 1000 links a day from 200 or so then you will probably get banned.

Try and create a flow to the links like every week increase by 150 or so

deleted-account, Aug 4, 2008 IP