1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building that still work in google hummingbird algorithms

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by abdullah99, Jun 16, 2014.

Buying Links

The whole Interflora fiasco is both proof that buying links can still inflate your rankings, and proof that it isn’t worth if for brands to take the risk.

The fact of the matter is Google’s algorithms just aren’t smart enough to identify link buying in every single circumstance. How could it be? Not even humans are that smart.

The real reason this isn’t worth it for brands is because it’s actually more costly to buy links than to attract them naturally. There are a few reasons for this:

• Link sellers are, understandably, very likely to sell links to others who may not be as discrete as you are.
    • The content has to be just as good as if you were doing it completely above-board, or over time it will become obvious that you are buying the links.
    • It is more cost-effective to use the money to pay an influencer to write something onyour blog than to pay a link dealer, likely with less influence, to host a link on their site.
    Private Link Networks

A cleverly designed private link network, made up of several sites you bought up to link to yourself, is more or less invisible to Google at the moment. Black hats seem to love this tactic. Assuming the quality level of the sites is high enough, this is likely to go unnoticed.

However, once again, it simply isn’t worth the effort for brands. The cost of either buying sites with high quality content or creating high quality content to put on cheap sites simply isn’t worth it. This, of course, is why the black hats simply skip this part, and expose themselves to risks that inevitably get them caught.

Smart marketers can learn from private link networks, however. We went in depth on this at our site. Put simply, a totally legitimate twist on this is to buy up blogs, preferably hiring the bloggers who operate them, and move the blog over to your site. This allows you to capture not just the SEO value, but the existing audience of the blogger. This is completely justifiable as inbound marketing, and an incredibly valuable SEO tactic.

abdullah99, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, @abdullah99 to some extent I agree with you that Google crawlers aren't smart enough to detect the paid links but tell me, from last two years I have seen Google crawlers becoming smart to smarter at a rapid rate what we use to do previously is we build links through paid tools, do some directory submission and keep on submitting articles over the article directories and viola we are on the top of the search result but now all of the those tricks are put to hold, now you tell me I buy links from you today and say google crawlers can't detect the paid links and you feel everythng is going good and another update from google hits us now we have to start again from the scratch !! So, I will still not prefer buying backlinks after a while they update you will lose all the hard work you have keep on.

John Dave, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  3. Karuna17

Karuna17 Member

Best Answers:
    @John Dave - another thing to consider: getting rid of bought links can cost quite a lot, especially if it's the corporate sector and you are in circumstances when you cannot wait for disavow to take effect. It increases the money risks to the highest point than ever. I can imagine those guys in Google watching our everyday hard linkbuilding ant-work and then setting out their Zoo with a laughter of antique gods... I'm sure they are having lots of fun in their case-studies.

Karuna17, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  4. nilar

nilar Member

Best Answers:
    Probably buying links does not work anymore for big brands, but big brands are just a small part of what Internet is about. Small and medium businesses and affiliate websites strive to get noticed and there is not yet a better way than "getting" a few links on the right websites.

nilar, Jul 25, 2014 IP