1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building Tactics

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by aricaa, Apr 2, 2015.

Hello All,

Can anyone here help me with the new link building practices which may help in boosting the page rank as well as the traffic of a website?Has Google come up with any new strategies in Link Building?
    All are welcome to share there views.

aricaa, Apr 2, 2015 IP
  2. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    First forget about Page Rank because it's not being updated "publicly" any longer. Things to focus on are DA (Domain Authority), PA (Page Authority), CF (Citation Flow) and TF (Trust Flow).
    Nothing has changed when it comes to link building. Just remember the above metrics when searching for backlinks.

For traffic, Social Media can do wonders in bringing traffic. Sites like FB, Twitter, Google +, Pintrest and all the rest.

kjh-08, Apr 3, 2015 IP
  3. Rocko Berry

Rocko Berry Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend a few link building strategies which can bring positive results.
    Editorial Links
    Private Blog Network (PBN)
    Guest Blogging
    Social Media Marketing

Rocko Berry, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Everything about link building has changed...
    If you are trying to please google, then do it wisely, or
    you will end up getting shunned by google almighty....

dscurlock, Apr 7, 2015 IP
  5. infinity875

infinity875 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello aricaa, I will share with you 6 of my little link building tactics:

#1: Create your own database of premium images and cinemagraphs

This can be a good investment for agencies and/or companies who're in for the long-haul (targeting specific niches).
    Though this tactic may require a budget (as you'll need to invest in hiring a professional photographer or graphic artist), this can certainly improve your link-building campaign through link attribution from bloggers who'll use your premium images.

Once you have set up your own private gallery of rich images, you can then start making a list of bloggers that you can reach out to (in your specific niche). There are tons of bloggers who are in need of unique images that they can use, so having this as your value proposition (offering the images for free or giving them access to your private gallery) will increase your pitches' conversion rate.

Another strategy that you can integrate to scale this type of link building approach is using reverse image search—in case other bloggers start using your images without permission/attribution. You can use tools such as Google's image search and Tineye to track blogs/websites that have used your images.

#2: Outdated content acquisition

There are millions of pieces of content on the web, and many of them aren't timeless—and many are also under-maintained.

This clearly brings a lot of opportunities for link building, wherein you can search through hundreds of outdated pieces of content in your industry that have managed to get natural links in the past (or successful link bait with time-sensitive information) and try acquiring the content.

You can use Greenlane SEO's Outdated Content Finder tool to find under-maintained content that you can still repurpose or recreate.

Contact the blog owner(s) and see if you can purchase the old page, and have it redirected to your new version of the page hosted within your domain (with updated information about the topic).

Pro tip: Tell them that you'll still give them credit as the original creator (w/ brand mention), to enhance your chances of acquiring the content.

#3: Massive interviews

Doing interviews of popular personalities in a certain field has been one of the oldest tricks in link building, particularly for websites that are just starting up.

Doing it on a massive scale can drive a ton of natural links to a website, and can certainly get your name out in the open (like launching an interview series or designating a section for expert interviews).

#4: Reverse guest-blogging campaign

Guest blogging has been the go-to tactic for the past couple of years in the world of link building. But it seems that only a few have realized the value of being on the receiving end, acquiring content from other great authors.

There are a lot of advantages to inviting guest bloggers who really know their stuff to contribute to your site:

Getting free expertly made content that can rank for keywords (long tails) that you are also targeting.
    Absorbing the guest author's followers once they start sharing the content they've contributed to your site (more unique traffic and potential leads).
    Seasoned content publishers will almost always reference/link back to their previous works, and their contributions on other websites are not an exemption.
    Find and reach out to bloggers who write exceptionally in their respective fields (and who can cover topics that are in your audience's interests as well). You can use tools like Followerwonk to identify authors in your niche that have a strong social following.

You can also do a simple Google Search to determine if they've been active in guest blogging (inpostauthor:"Author's Name").

#5: Online billboards through long-tail content distribution

Building more brand visibility is one of link building's vital roles in online marketing. There are many ways to get this done, but there's one tactic that will seem to continue to be effective despite the constantly changing/evolving search landscape.

The method: distributing content (targeting long-tail search terms) on user-generated content sites that have high search share.

Pages hosted on UGC sites like Youtube, Slideshare, Pinterest and Scribd (there are a lot more, actually) obviously have better search-ranking power, especially for long-tail keywords.

#6: Getting more Google+ shares

As Cyrus Shepard mentioned on his recent (controversial) post here on Moz, Google+ posts pass link equity (because the links within Google+ posts are followed).

This means the more your Google+ posts are being shared within their social platform, the more high-value links you are able to get (if you've included a link to one of your site's pages within the Google+ post).

For instance, a few months back, I did a weekly roundup of the blog posts I've read each week on Google+. My first one was shared 40 times within the network, which means 40 Google+ profiles have just linked to the URLs I've shared.
    Hope it helps :)

infinity875, Apr 7, 2015 IP
    dscurlock likes this.
  6. kashifmahmood

kashifmahmood Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like others have already said, google PageRank is not what you should be aiming to improve since google has not updated it for over a year now and I can not tell you if its the end of PR or not.

On the other hand you should focus on improving your search engine ranking for your target keywords.

You didn't mention how old your site is. If its an old site you can be more dedicated to link building otherwise for a new site I suggest you start slow and begin with creating social network pages for your site and focus on creating some fan following and a bit of traffic to your site. In the mean time you should participate on relevant forums, blogs and leave comments and replies that add value to the existing article and leave a link if its required only.

If you think that participating in forums and blog comments is time consuming then you can hire others to do it for you as it comes at a very low cost. Also remember that only build links from sites that are relevant to your site. Only this will play significant role in improving your search ranking.

kashifmahmood, Apr 9, 2015 IP
  7. ThePakistaniBlogger

ThePakistaniBlogger Member

Best Answers:
    If you know about PBN's then you can go for it.

ThePakistaniBlogger, Apr 14, 2015 IP
  8. kinza

kinza Member

Best Answers:
    to gain traffic social media is still playing very important role you can get huge traffic from there and for link building you should do the same as doing in past.

kinza, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building nowadays, shouldn't just be link building alone but rather relationship building.
    Being able to build links and establish a strong relationship with your target audience will weigh much effectively (for SEO purposes).
    That's why many believed that content marketing is one of the most effective off page strategy today.

Patricia Ann Lee, Apr 15, 2015 IP
  10. Ay3sha

Ay3sha Active Member

Best Answers:
    An easy way to increase backlinks is by commenting on blogs and forums. Another thing you can do is link to other sites (as long as they are relevant and credible) on your site. These strategies might take a while to generate results, but they are easy ways to get backlinks. You can also buy backlinks from SEOclerks.

Ay3sha, Apr 19, 2015 IP
  11. ashumastermind

ashumastermind Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have some tips mentioned below which you have to follow for link building purpose.

Article Submission (Particular article would be created and published for particular submission only)
    Blog Creation (Don't use keywords in blog, It should look user friendly (For Instance:
    https://kevinsmithfreelancer.wordpress.com))
    Press Release Submission (prlog.org and prweb.com are the best option)
    Blog commenting (Use only quality blogs for blog commenting don't use instant approval blogs. It can hurt your rankings)
    Forum Posting

Some Business Listing Websites:
    agencyspotter.com
    fixr.com
    softtrix.com
    tupalo.com
    expressbusinessdirectory.com
    brownbook.net
    driveat.com
    rateitall.com
    angel.co

ashumastermind, Apr 21, 2015 IP
  12. aricaa

aricaa Member

Best Answers:
    What is PBN?

aricaa, May 11, 2015 IP
  13. aricaa

aricaa Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the information.

aricaa, May 11, 2015 IP
  14. Tedel

Tedel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PBN = private blog network

Tedel, May 14, 2015 IP
  15. Sumanta Chatterjee

Sumanta Chatterjee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi

There are lots of startegies on Link Building. Market of SEO is gradually changing day by day as the google update their algorithm. we have to follow some basic guideline of link building. Always keep in mind that the content should be informative and easy to understand for user. Content marketing is the best way to improve SERP result. There are lots of platform like article, blog posting classified, business directories

Sumanta Chatterjee, May 29, 2015 IP
  16. Felizardo Dela Cruz

Felizardo Dela Cruz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you for informative post. I'm currently working on link building..

Felizardo Dela Cruz, Jun 4, 2015 IP
  17. johnriddick

johnriddick Peon

Best Answers:
    What I normally do when starting an SEO campaign is checking out how my competition is building back links :)

johnriddick, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  18. kulasingha

kulasingha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have an authority lose weight fast website, I build the links by social media websites, mainly Pinterest and youtube these are the most sefest way to build back links because you are not buying links or doing wrong back linking method, From these two I got natural 1000 links to my website because people like my content ad they post them on their website and post them on their own facebook page or in Pinterest account. This is a best and free naturtal link building that all search engines want. I got all these links for free from youtube users and from Pinterest users who like to publish them on their profile.

Thank you Take care.

kulasingha, Jun 18, 2015 IP
  19. bluntlycreative

bluntlycreative Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest building links by social media as well as through high authority blog posting. You can post on review websites or hire people with a high PR to give you a review.

bluntlycreative, Jun 28, 2015 IP
  20. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i lost many position in search engine layed to 4 to 7 serp position

irfansyah, Jun 28, 2015 IP