1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Limited Access Problem - What will happen after 6 months ?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by poseidon, Dec 19, 2006.

guys, paypal has blocked my paypal account and are asking for CC and other documents. Now since the time given to me was only 7 days, so I couldn't finish sending them the info.Now what will happen ?

Also Suppose if I don't send them the info in next 6 months than will they release my account or will they keep on blocking it forever unless I send them all the info with CC ?

Regards

poseidon, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  2. Buy_selldomains

Buy_selldomains Peon

Best Answers:
    what will have happeded here is they have blocked it because you didnt supply any creditcard, the only way is for you to put a cc on file, change your password and a few other things and you will be back up and running in no time,

First rule of paypal IT SUCKS, THEY CAN AND ALWAYS DO WHAT THE HELL THEY LIKE WITH YOUR ACCOUNT!!!

Second rule of paypal Plain and simple just dont use it, use amazon instead

Buy_selldomains, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  3. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    Well it is Paypal's business and they are trying to protect their money. Before it is your money - it is Paypal's. And before it is theirs, it is the issuing bank / consumer. So if anything were to happen, Paypal wants to be protected.

Why don't you send them the requested documents? After 6 months - depending on the type of transactions - they could potentially hold onto (their) money longer before releasing it to you. It depends a lot on your type of transactions, etc

Corey Bryant, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  4. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    I still want to know what will happen to my account ? I am in the process of sending CC info and other documents but still, do they keep the account blocked or not after 6 months if I don't supply them any document/CC info ?

5. Corey Bryant

Corey Bryant Texan at Heart

Best Answers:
    If you are sending it - why worry about it? Only they can actually tell you what would happen because they would have access to your account. And even then, I doubt that they would want to answer that type of question because in the merchant account business, things change - especially in April and October.

Corey Bryant, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  6. Richie_Ni

Richie_Ni Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Why did they block your account?
    I'm just curious!

Richie_Ni, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  7. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    I am myself not able to understand. I am trying to contact them but getting same copy/paste reply. The whole process can take really long and I have no other option.

8. ohforgetmenot

ohforgetmenot Peon

Best Answers:
    yep paypal are draining you down, you can fax the doc's 1000's times and they send you the same copied paste answer's which they always do. Its pointless to call them either. If you got money hire a lawyer, they will REVIEW your account ASAP!

ohforgetmenot, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  9. Padawan

Padawan Peon

Best Answers:
    I had mine blocked last year because of how much money had gone through it - I was selling all my worldly possessions on ebay to pay for my divorce and they assumed I must be operating as a business to generate those kind of funds.

Therefore they pretty well forced me to register as a business user in order to retain my account :confused:

Padawan, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  10. Nick...

Nick... Guest

Best Answers:
    PayPal is rubbish they have blocked my account for no resone, it has been like 4weeks since I have last use the one for my company.

So I just went down the bank and got a new card, signed up to a new account and usining that one intil I can get my old one back.

Nick..., Dec 31, 2006 IP
  11. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    well I had faxed them, I did got a reply where they had suggested that you close your last created account and than your other accounts will automatically get active and than you can close them too one by one. Kind of farcical solution since I can not close any of my accounts as they all have limited access. I replied to them like 3-4 times but no answer :)

So after calculating everything, it seems I have lost $1250 which probably I will never get as I don't think so that they will release the accounts after 6 months as well.And this is not all, it seems either paypal also stopped my 2 cheques worth $1000 (or inidan postal lost them) as they should have been arrived by 19th Dec(they always used to take 3 weeks)

So in short, I lost $2250 overall :) and still loosing business because I can not use paypal anymore. So, for sometime I am taking a break from this online business. I want to spend some time in learning new things and chill down, hopefully I will again restart in the early summer from nothing as I did one year back.

poseidon, Dec 31, 2006 IP
  12. Rezo

Rezo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They said to me 6 months too. Already passed a year, and still no reply from thm.

That's why I use moneybookers.

Rezo, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  13. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, that's bad. We are in the same boat. :(
    My account has got limited yesterday and I'm going to fax them required documents.

vnviews, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  14. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    what do you think, what caused it ?

poseidon, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  15. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    My paypal account was registered by EU address (my friend's address), but I log daily from Asia. May be this reason. I had no problem for two months until yesterday.

vnviews, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  16. poseidon

poseidon Banned

Best Answers:
    Let me guess, yesterday either you got new funds or you tried to withdraw money from your account ?

poseidon, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  17. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal will regularly checks IP address against your registered country and if it is different, they will limit your account to protect the account holder.

As long as you registered using your real address, you have nothing to worry about but if you try to get around the terms and conditions which you agreed at Paypal, you will probably face some wall ahead of you.

Don't try to go around the terms of Paypal if you use them as they will inevitably catch up with you.

eddy2099, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  18. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    No, I did nothing, no new funds and no widthraw. They said the reason is third part was trying to access to my account.
    I have using this account for some months ago without problem.
    I think Eddy is right, they check regularly. Fully aggreed with Eddy.

vnviews, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  19. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    When I travel, I will contact Paypal and tell them which country I would be in and the dates in which I would be in that country. They will usually note that in their system and I have never had problems with that.

eddy2099, Jan 5, 2007 IP
  20. rock831983

rock831983 Peon

Best Answers:
    vnviews---mate same happened with me few days back....i have 161$ in my account...although this might not look big amount for many people....but this is fairly considerable amount for a student....they told me same thing "we have reason to believe that your account was accessed by third party".....what the heck....almost 6 months back when there were no transactions in my account i accessed my account from other state within the country...but then i didnt got any such email from them.....but howcome this is happening now looks really fishy.....

They are asking me to fax Utility bill...we live a bunch of friends in a rented flat and are students....now i dont know what to include cause my electricity/water bill etc comes on the name of my house owner....dont know which documents can i include now and fax as utility bill....:confused:

Also reading horror stories about limited access gives me feeling that paypal behaves fishy sometimes....

rock831983, Jan 6, 2007 IP