1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Likes Not Received Unable To Post

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by shalwan, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,

I am posting replies to topics on the forums but not received likes until now, what shall i do to get likes ? i dont like spamming on the forum neither abuse anyone.

I am active user but unable to post in buy/sell trade forum since i dont have likes.

Please tell me solution.

shalwan, Feb 16, 2013 IP
    Austech likes this.
  2. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buy a premium membership to be able to post in BST or post useful articles you write to get likes. Helping people is not spamming. :)

GamingOn, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Try to comment on what you are knowledgeable about. I have seen you on "Scripts" so you must know something about this. Just help someone with that. Also members tend to give out likes for good humor, don't be afraid to make a joke from time to time.
    Good luck with this.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Some constructive feedback:

This post in payment processing:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/posts/18435478/

You wrote:

Is good why? Give some advice based upon your experience. A similar issue with your other posts is they are one-liners. Yes, these can sometimes get a like (when they are funny or the advice doesn't require detail).

You could have mentioned: it meets all the OP's requirements (he did list them, so I assume you recommended it based upon those?), a good experience with it/why you think it's good, if it has modules you can use to integrate it easily with a site.

In that thread, this is a good post:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...tal-goods-w-paypal-ccs.2628774/#post-18422650

I hope this helps you figure it out finally.

Good luck!

ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  5. Calanau

Calanau Active Member

Best Answers:
    Two things to established members they do not take under account while saying "help others".

1. If you are established members with many likes (the one that can give likes to others) you probably do not need help or if so it's hard to a new member to help you as he might not be as experienced enough to help you out with your problem.
    Helping new members that most likely need help more then established members does not help in getting likes or reputation new members can't give him likes. They can give him "Thank you for your help. You saved my life, sorry I can't give you "like" :( " :)

2. Posting garbage in off topic forum answering questions like "Coke or Pepsi" or "Noodle or Rice" (which BTW. I did answer one of those topics some time ago and I still feel ashamed of doing so, going so low to get attention from established members and making my post count go up as some of the members told me to) is not going to make this place better :)

Any how good luck with your hunt for 3 likest m8 :)

Calanau, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree. Just because a member is new doesn't mean they know nothing (I've given likes to a few posts by new members even today, as they gave good advice/help, and similar yesterday and other days). I just do not assume a "new" member knows nothing and has nothing worthwhile to say (some of those people in need of likes and crying about it are not new, too, by the way). That would be a bit rude.

The point is the person you help might not even think to give a like, but another person reading might see a post they think is good and give a like to that person (even if it doesn't help them, just because it is a good post that's going to be useful to people).

ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Let's be perfectly honest here. Some members just don't have likeable personalities and it translates accurately when they post. If a member is coming across as pure negative energy, then what are the chances that this member will be receiving likes?
    DP as in real life has illuminaries and it also has real unlikeable types. That's life......that's DP.

8. Calanau

Calanau Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's the point that I might accept as valid as it happen to me to (finding help in other people threads and posts). Nevertheless, most new members signing up on the forum more often because they are looking for help, then with the idea of helping others (not that they can't cos I'm sure they can :)).

Calanau, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  9. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

I made a post, but deleted it as I'm not sure I understood you correctly. Is this all just a personal gripe for you? I saw you made a few good posts, so don't worry, I'm sure likes will come.

ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  10. Calanau

Calanau Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, I agreed with you that even if the initial poster doesn't "like" the answer someone supplied him with, other people might do so. I often do it on other sites when I find someone helping me out with the issues I have by answering other people posts and threads.

Calanau, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  11. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

Ahhh OK. Apologies for getting confused. I work shifts and haven't had a break for over a week now. My brain is melting.

ryan_uk, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  12. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am having the same problem, I have only joined today but have seen posts which I would like if I could, Im not too worried about not being able to post in the marketplace as I dont think I desperately need to, but it would be nice to give some feedback with a like or two (and get some!).
    Im not griping, rules are rules and I understand why they are there but it can be frustrating at times.

Emma Pollard, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Nope.....can't be "frustrating at times" if you've *just* joined today.:)

14. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    It can when you see good posts but you cant like them, I may have only joined today but have been active on other forums for some time and had the same problem.
    Anyhow I was just voicing my opinion which is the point isnt it?

ryan_uk likes this.
  15. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Now, now...I was just having a laugh......don't be so serious!:)

16. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    On a lighter note I now have 2 likes, so just one more to go an 46.5 hours to go until I can like posts!
    Humour isnt always easy to spot in text Diva, but it is apprecited ;)

Spoiltdiva likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    And *you* are appreciated...welcome to DP.:)

18. Emma Pollard

Best Answers:
    Thanks Dive and thanks for the like x :cool:

19. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That makes sense for most of cases.
    New member (new registrations) have more probability to be newbies in the market. So to get some likes the are forced to post "quality" posts.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
    dlatua, Feb 16, 2013 IP
  20. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Post less, but with higher quality posts.

digitalpoint, Feb 16, 2013 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.