1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Life without Google!

Discussion in 'Google' started by marktravellinks, Aug 5, 2014.

1. BadSyntax

BadSyntax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can you imagine a life without internet? I lived it. There's a thing called a dictionary we used to use as a source of information! It's spectacular, you should try it sometime. ;)

BadSyntax, Jan 10, 2020 IP
  2. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Fascinating...

This dictionary thing you speak of...

...does it have wireless or bluetooth capabilities? How long does it take one of these alleged dictionaries to charge via USB? Do these dictionaries ever crash? Is it possible to hack into someone else's dictionary? What are the privacy ramifications of using this so-called dictionary thing you speak of? Have the bugs been thoroughly worked out of these dictionary devices?

Have you heard of that new invention that's used to toast sliced bread? Sliced bread is wonderful, but toasted by a machine? That sort of technology is disturbing. Rumors going around say that this revolutionary system has been termed a "toaster". That makes sense, but "breadburner" sounds more exciting.

scu8a, Jan 10, 2020 IP
  3. BadSyntax

BadSyntax Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What is this sliced bread you speak of!? Even more so, this.. toasted bread machine. Sound's like witchcraft to me!

BadSyntax, Jan 10, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  4. scu8a

scu8a Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, back in the ancient times, it is said that "bread" grew on trees. Bread farmers called them "loaves" once they dropped from the tree. You'd think that would qualify bread as a fruit, but due to the cultural and religious reasons, "bread" is categorized as a mollusk. Most bread is safe to eat, but eating the wrong bread can bring significant consequences similar to that of consuming the wrong species of wild mushroom. "Bread" tends to be active more at night and feeds off mainly insects. Millions have died attempting to eat bread in whole loaves. The cause of death was often reported as asphyxiation, or death as a result of hypoxia, but none-the-less, the bread loaf choking pandemic of the 1800s was an existential threat to mankind and ended up costing millions of lives. The brightest minds worked for decades to find a way to solve the problem. It wasn't until the early 1960s that someone realized that knives are sharp tools. In the mid-1980s a knife was used to separate one loaf of bread into two separate loaves! As technology progressed, researchers discovered that a knife can be used to separate the two previously separated pieces of a loaf into more than two separate loaves. A civil war broke out as a result, millions were killed, and it was a dark time. After the war, mankind invented electricity. Remarkably, this new unknown source of apparent witchcraft is what led to a powered knife! Just think of how exciting time it was to be alive. Just 5 years later, loaves of bread were being separated into as many as 5 separate pieces at a single time! Skipping forward to 2020, it's too advanced for me to understand! but wow! I can't even count the number of slices in sliced bread. I mess up and have to start over again until I eventually give up and make a rough estimate. I'd say that most bread is sliced into greater than 12 separate pieces, but most often under 24 separate pieces. There is more information about this controversial topic on the dark web. If you do further research, things can get dangerous, so be careful out there.

The Catholic church deems electricity to be the devil's work. Very little is known about this mysterious phenomenon, but it's said that electricity was invented for the sole purpose of slicing loaves of bread into several, non-chokable pieces.

scu8a, Jan 10, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva and JEET like this.
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    @scu8a
    Cannot stop laughing. I wish I could hit that LIKE button 12 or 24 times!

JEET, Jan 11, 2020 IP
  6. Shivani Shrivastav

Shivani Shrivastav Active Member

Best Answers:
    We can't imagine our life without Google :)

Shivani Shrivastav, Jan 15, 2020 IP
    JEET likes this.
  7. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Shivani, as a SEO, without google, your life will be much much easier!

JEET, Jan 16, 2020 IP
  8. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    Life without Google= finally bing will get traffic :D

gorrior, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  9. Todman2112

Todman2112 Member

Best Answers:
    Like, life without Apple or any other big invention.

Todman2112, Jan 20, 2020 IP
  10. David_Gray

David_Gray Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    many alternatives are available but without google online life empty.

David_Gray, Feb 25, 2020 IP
  11. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    I have a 'Love | Hate' relationship with Google, I love most of the things they do but then i look back 10-15 years ago when you could build links or have people pay you to put a link on your site and it was all cool... Now it seems one way.

Best Regards

phplduser, Feb 28, 2020 IP
  12. Raquib

Raquib Peon

Best Answers:
    We can't imagine without Google. If I said philosophically Google is the instructor of all subjects.

Raquib, Nov 19, 2020 IP
  13. Hely55

Hely55 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, most likely Gmail mail will stop working. Chaos will begin because many can store important information in their mails that can significantly affect the financial condition of the account owner. Millions of people will lose important information, and with it, billions of dollars. Everyone knows that information is the most valuable resource in the world.

Millions of sites around the world will disappear when Google disappears, as they work on Angular, a framework from Google. They will stop displaying a normal font as they are using the free Google Fonts. Many sites use the company's cloud services, Google servers, and other tools in one way or another. The disappearance of the giant can ruin the correct operation of about 30% of the sites in the world.

Hely55, Nov 23, 2020 IP
  14. fiore25

fiore25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    various life no more, when a single thing rule your life. change not easy. it discover how life gotten bore by a how simple creative market hypnotize customers. if no hierarchy game aspect can play as good as google, they'll keep monopoly the market. no practice democracy.

fiore25, Feb 16, 2021 IP
  15. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^Above is a classic example of what happens when one uses Google Translate, it simply doesn't work, don't use it!

Spoiltdiva, Feb 16, 2021 IP
  16. chilirepublic

chilirepublic Banned

Best Answers:
    Google had a blackout a few weeks/months ago

chilirepublic, Feb 20, 2021 IP
  17. net-point

net-point Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Truely ... I would be more than happy to see some day few real competitors will show up and compete with Google, cos this what they do since years with the advertisers (cost of ads) it is insane I mean GOogle is a really precise/accurate search engine getting smarter in every year but they becomes a monopolist, and monopoly is not good for those who have to depend on such services companies like Google offers ....

net-point, Mar 2, 2021 IP
  18. LK200

LK200 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google will not end anytime soon. I use it everyday and it's also getting better each day!

LK200, Mar 2, 2021 IP
  19. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In this competitive world everything available as part of alternative, so as per my suggestion there is always something if nothing

usaukclassifieds, Mar 3, 2021 IP
  20. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is not doubt really helpful still there are many things that Google can't help with.
    For eg, getting your stolen keys, the keys you forgot where you left, your sleepers, the coffee in the kitchen, and many more.

AppyArry, Mar 9, 2021 IP