1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Life blogging ?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by VincentGary, Jun 21, 2015.

I've been reading a lot of personal life blogs recently, some are inspiring while others not so! My question is can a good blog be made up of thoughts and daily life posts? Most advice i've come across online state you need to blog about a given niche or something your very passionate about.

While inspiring others with a life blog appeals to me i'm not convinced this would be the right path to take? Can anyone give any advice or guidance .

Thanks in advice

VincentGary, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  2. accel

accel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It could work, it all depends on the quality of your writing and whether you connect with readers. For some inspiration, have a look at what Brian Rose of London Real TV is doing:

http://www.londonreal.tv/

accel, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  3. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are actually plenty of blogs about life, most are inspiring. And like what accel said, it depends on the quality of writing you can give to your audience. Inspiring stories are the most interesting blogs, something positive and true to life.

Patricia Ann Lee, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  4. VincentGary

VincentGary Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, i have a lot to think about as i want to be committed to blogging. I've tried and gave up in the past but keep coming back to blogging as i enjoy sharing with others.

VincentGary, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Possibly but don't expect to make money from a personal blog.

dcristo, Jun 22, 2015 IP
  6. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You can, I did. :p

Joshie, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Of course you can. But it's not the best way to go about making money online. Possibly one of the worst strategies lol.

dcristo, Jun 23, 2015 IP
  8. marguerite

marguerite Member

Best Answers:
    The answer is yes, a blog can be made up of thoughts and daily life posts. Blogs used to be digital diaries and I know many people who still use them as such. Monetizing it might not be as straightforward as a niche blog.

marguerite, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  9. Anuradha Rao

Anuradha Rao Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure a personal blog would appeal to those other than your personal contacts and personal followers. But it depends on what your goal is.

I would not go for a personal life blog as I blog mostly to help accomplish professional goals. I would at best add a category for personal life, where I'd post about travel, fitness, interesting personal experiences, etc.

But your goals may be different, and a personal life blog may be best for you, if you think so.

Anuradha Rao, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  10. Divusdia

Divusdia Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with Anuradha Rao.
    You can turn your life blog into a personal review of what is going on in the world nowadays.
    Maybe you can make it as follows:
    You can:
    1) Choose a topic which is on your agenda (for example, feminism issues or organic food),
    2) Write a little introduction about why you have chosen this or that topic, why it has become a matter of topical interest for you. Try to make it catchy and laconic (you should always keep in mind that your readers should have a desire to keep on reading your post, therefore you have to make them interested in what you are writing).
    3) Then you can share your own story or opinion concerning the above mentioned issues.
    4) And finally the moral of the story: readers don’t want to lose their time in vain. They want a logical conclusion, which will have an impact on their way of thinking.

Hope that you will find my comment helpful.
    Good luck!

Divusdia, Sep 13, 2015 IP
  11. Joshie

Joshie Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It may be one of the worst strategies but if you know what you are doing then you can as long as you maximize the potential revenue off the blog. I really don't have a specific niche, as I blog about everything in general (be it opinions, politics, news, my thoughts, outdoors, sports, reviews, etc) but I am still be able to bring in steady revenues that I am satisfied with. By maximizing the revenues is not just through advertisements like Adsense but such as Adsense, Media.net and different affiliate programs which is great for that kind of blog as it is easy to sell through affiliates due to if I write good reviews on some products or sharing my opinions about them. So there is many way to make good money off of it if you know what you do.

Joshie, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  12. YourTypicalParadox

YourTypicalParadox Peon

Best Answers:
    I've started my blog as a blog diary. I eventually want to turn it into something far more, but I think personally it's a great outlet for me. I think there is a market for life blogs, but it definitely needs to be able to relate to others or perk the interest of them. For me, I'm a 20 something year old single mom. I feel like dating is such a taboo subject for us, but I want to shine light on it. If any of you want to lend some blogging advice or check out my blog thus far its http://comejudgemehere.blogspot.com/
    :)

YourTypicalParadox, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  13. ToddS

ToddS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, if you want to turn it into something far more, here are some suggestions that may be helpful.

1) After I read your blog, the blogs have lots of words, and there is no photos, people like reading something interesting, short sentences.
    2) Change the profile photo, it's too dark, and not attractive.
    3) Think about how to earn money with it.

We would like to support you by putting one ad on it.

ToddS, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  14. YourTypicalParadox

YourTypicalParadox Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the advice. I can definitely make those changes.

YourTypicalParadox, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  15. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I find personal blogs interesting, but I suppose they need to have something authentic, you need to stand out maybe through the topics you choose, aspects of life you decide to describe, photos, meditations on meaning of life, write inspirational posts. That would work. I would love to read something like that. And, of course, you can have your niche - a certain group of people. For example, if you're a mom, your readers will predominantly be moms because of the topics you choose.

cwvps1, Sep 28, 2015 IP
    Joshie likes this.