1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LG Customer Service is CRAP- here's what happened to me!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scurvy, Oct 8, 2019.

So here's what happened- back in end of May I bought the LG 34GK950F monitor from B&H cos they had a deal for $799

I am in Sri Lanka but since B&H delivers worldwide with no issues I bought it. Came within 4 days and worked fine except for some BLB in the four corners at max brightness. Perfection I thought.

Skip to FOUR MONTHS LATER suddenly when playing Crysis I see appear these thin grey horizontal lines like a grille. After quitting to Desktop it went away- but after a while came back. Sometimes it disappears.

[​IMG]

I contacted LG US hoping they would offer me warranty- i told them I can ship it via DHL to their service center in the US- but they said No- I have to have a US address. Companies like Corsair, Asus and EVGA don't care where u are in the world- they offer to replace their items as long as u send them to their service centers in the US or Taiwan etc. But not LG- they are a fuckin Global mega-corporation and they refused warranty on their bleeding-edge monitor! They could've at least told me to send the monitor to Korea or Hong Kong or anywhere they have their multiple Asian service centers! But No- Sorry we can't help you!So buyer beware- LG Customer Service is CRAP.

scurvy, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Those things tend to go away on their own. Pretty much every laptop I owned had some small issues that would come and go. Actually, my current laptop would go to a blank/black screen after restarting, like it was dead. I just shut it off and on a few times and I don't seem to have that issue anymore.

qwikad.com, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Still, crap that their warranty isn't international.

sarahk, Oct 8, 2019 IP
  4. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drivers up to date?
    DVI connections at both ends done up tight?
    OS up to date?

SpacePhoenix, Oct 9, 2019 IP
  5. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made a Paypal claim- lets see how it goes.

scurvy, Oct 9, 2019 IP
  6. scurvy

scurvy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Heres the video

scurvy, Oct 9, 2019 IP