1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Leverage well kept secret 2k Alexa site for traffic & SEO juice! Yeah!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by vinnypolston, Dec 5, 2013.

Hey mates! [​IMG] I was writing this article to go on my blog, but decided to help you all here instead! Kind of bummed because it's here first, lol. Anyways. . .. let the games begin!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Leverage well kept secret 2k Alexa site for traffic & SEO juice! Yeah!!
    by Vinny Polston at bigbrandexaminer.com

I'm going to tell you about a well kept secret in the SEO world - so kept in fact that I have never read anyone suggesting it before me writing this article..

Have you ever heard of Examiner.com? Let me tell you a little about it - the site is ranked just under 1,900 on the Alexa global ranking system and according to similarweb.com it brings in an average 17.3 MILLION visits a month - with over 60% of that coming from search engines. Those articles that rank in the search engines are from people like you and me who are "authors" on their site. Wouldn't it be nice if you could get backlinks from a site like that? Wouldn't it be even better if you could utilize all of that crazy traffic to funnel traffic & readers to your site? You can!

What if I told you that you could have the rights to write content on their site and get paid to do it ( although not very much, the main benefit is backlinks & traffic ) - would you be interested? In this lesson I am going to discuss how to leverage examiner.com to build your brand authority, name recognition, & generate loads of free traffic to your big brand site.​
    Examiner.com has extreme MOZ trust!

Any internet marketer worth a grain of salt has heard of the MOZ ranking system. If you haven't, I'll tell you now - it's important. MOZ ranks your website according to page authority, domain authority, as well as several other trust metrics.

I can say typically the higher your trust according to MOZ, the easier it is to rank articles without break dancing with Google. Examiner' s page authority and domain authority are just about as good as it gets. The domain authority is 93/100 and page authority is 94/100 - WOW! Not to mention that it is pagerank 8. Oh, did I mention that it is DMOZ listed? The links are no-follow - but trust me.. something this powerful will still get you plenty of juice.​

How to sign up to write on Examiner.com?

Here's the beautiful part, you can become a writer for examiner.com - for free. Not only that, but you can leverage that authority to build legitimate relevant backlinks to your website plus you get a lot of great traffic to your own blog. Not anyone can get into examiner as there is a review process, but I will go into detail what that consists of below.

For the sake of my new website, www.bigbrandexaminer.com , I created a new profile on Examiner and it only took me two days to get approved. WIN!

1. Go to the Examiner about page by clicking here( http://www.examiner.com/About_Examiner ) - read through the page to ensure that you believe you would be a good fit for being an author on their site. When ready click the blue Apply Now button.

2. You will now be prompted to select your state/city and topic. Choose accordingly. You might not be able to find your exact niche, but get as close as possible. I know for me, I was not able to choose "internet marketing", but was able to do "Online Marketing Examiner" under their Gadgets & Tech category. Perfect - click "Add to topics". Now click the orange button to continue to Step 2.

3. You will now be prompted for your standard contact information. Please fill out honestly as they do verify this information.. Fill out a good author bio as well as that will help lead readers to your articles that you post. Click Step 3!

4. Step 3 goes into some deeper questions - be as honest and forthcoming as possible. You will be asked "What experience do you have that qualifies you to write about the topic(s) you chose?" as well as "What kind of stories would you cover within your topic(s)?". Your answers should be 200-300 words ( just a short informative paragraph ). They state that you should write the answers as if you were submitting them to be published. Give them some good information and then click Step 4.

5. After filling out the previous pages, you will be prompted to supply a writing example. It must be at least 200-300 words and not in first person. Not writing in first person was the most difficult part for me! I ended up writing an example titled, "Writing articles for successful online content marketing".

For the sake of being helpful, I have provided the exact answers I used on my examiner.com application that got approved. Don't copy & paste mine, that would be silly. Instead use it as a guideline on how to write your content:

Q: What experience do you have that qualifies you to write about the topic(s) you chose?

A: I would love the opportunity to write for the Indianapolis Online Marketing Examiner. I am qualified for this position as I have been doing online marketing since 2008. I stay up to date on current marketing trends and focus on inbound content marketing methods to provide great content for my readers.

Q: What kind of stories would you cover within your topic(s)?

A: I enjoy following Google trends and writing about what is currently hot topics in my niche. You'll find that my writing style is personable as well as informative. Pretty much anything having to do with online marketing peaks my interest. I might write about inbound marketing one day, content marketing another, maybe even touch on social media online marketing methods.
    My sample article submission

Writing articles for successful online content marketing

It's no secret that Google loves great content. Wouldn't it be awesome if getting your articles on the first page of Google without worrying about all the fuss of backlink building - it is possible! After reading this article you will have the know-how to produce great content that naturally gets picked up from Google bots and ranked in search results.

Although you might not always rank for the most competitive search terms, ranking for low hanging fruit is quite easy. Low hanging fruit is a term used to describe terms that get a lower amount of search volume monthly, but also is less competitive. Sure, it's nice to rank for keyword phrases that get 14,000 searches a month from one article.. but everyone is marketing for those terms. What works best is going after keyword phrases that get maybe 50-300 searches a month with great written and helpful articles.

How to write content Google loves:
    It really is as simple as changing your frame of mind. Stop writing with the constant worry of "Will Google like this?" or "Did I get my keyword density right this time?". Instead, focus on answering the potential readers questions. Your goal should be to answer any and every question that a reader might have regarding the subject of your article.

For an example, let's say that you are writing an article about a product review. Typically experts would suggest that you write the article with as much keyword stuffing as possible - but this couldn't be further from the truth! Before writing out the rough draft of your article, jot down as many potential questions that the reader might have if searching for "product review". When writing your article make sure that you answer all of those potential questions!

See, wasn't that far easier than worrying about keyword density or other SEO practices? Write good content and you will get picked up by Google for "low hanging fruit" search terms. For tougher keyword phrases some back-linking may be required. We'll touch on backlink building strategies in a future article here on Examiner.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Now we're back to DigitalPoint..

Lesson recap: Examiner has a manual approve process - but once you're approved you are all set to start enjoying the benefits to being an Examiner author. Try not to link drop to your blog on every post - maybe every 5 - 10 articles you submit. Also remember to link to other authorities in your niche as they will also greatly appreciate it - and so will your readers! By writing on Examiner.com you get great backlinks to your big brand website & blog as well as potential readers and subscribers to your site.

What are you waiting for? Go over to examiner.com and sign up!

Did you find this thread helpful? Why not take a moment and visit my site, www.bigbrandexaminer.com and subscribe to our newsletter to be notified when we go live January 1st 2014! Yea! Lots and lots of goodies are going to be there!
    BONUS POINTS! You can now connect your examiner.com profile with your Google+ profile. Score!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    vinnypolston, Dec 5, 2013 IP
  2. vinnypolston

vinnypolston Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ::edit::

I had to go back and just paste the actual URL where needed since for some reason DP wouldn't let me make normal links..

vinnypolston, Dec 5, 2013 IP