1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Letting visitors upload pictures on my website (?)

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by def47, Mar 2, 2012.

Alright, I'm not that good I only know basic HTML and CSS but I managed to make a website somehow.
    Now I want people to be able to choose directly on my website which pictures they would like to upload, to make an image gallery.
    I was wondering if there was any image hosting website offering some kind of plugin (or whatever you call it) that I can add to my website and that would do just like I said...
    perhaps imageshack, photobucket, tinypic, flickr, or even facebook? I don't know.
    The pictures wouldn't be hosted on my website but would still show up in the gallery...

Would it be possible?

Sorry if it's not really clear.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    def47, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  2. adiiforu

adiiforu Peon

Best Answers:
    You said 'people to be able to upload pictures directly on my website' and then you say "The pictures wouldn't be hosted on my website".

There are tons of free image hosting scripts you can use(PHP). I think there is a widget for Picassa gallery for wordpress.

adiiforu, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  3. def47

def47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, as I was writing that I knew it wasn't clear.

The process of uploading would take part on my website, as in choosing which picture to upload.

But anyway, I don't even mind that much if the pictures are hosted on my website, I just thought it would be simple the other way.

I don't know much about PHP but I'll do my best. Thanks a lot. I'll look into the Picassa widget. I have to go to the hospital for my gf, but as soon as I come back I'll let you know if Picassa was the good widget.

def47, Mar 2, 2012 IP
  4. def47

def47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found something interresting.
    1. I want to use THIS to let anyone on my website upload pictures to my flickr account.
    2. I want my website to retrieve those photos and make a slideshow, using THIS.

Basically, I want my visitors to upload pictures to my slideshow. So do you think it would work?
    If I add a photo in my flickr album will my slidehow refresh itself and show the new photo? if not, do you have anything else to recommend?

Thank you!

EDIT: I think I'll still try to put those two in my website. Worst case, I will have to refresh my slideshow manually. It's still not bad, as I don't think I'll get a new picture every week.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
    def47, Mar 3, 2012 IP