1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LetsEncrypt says "DNS validation failed". Site is behind Cloudflare

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by postcd, Apr 22, 2020.

Hello, i tried to disable FULL SSL option in my cloudflare account to become "Off" and then attempt to setup wildcard free LetsEncrypt certificate from within DirectAdmin control panel. But it continue to fail. "DNS validation failed"
    I would rather think it is problem related to Cloudflare. Maybe i have to "Pause" cloudflare for that domain entirely and retry?

This issue is interesting because also the Gmail is unable to connect mail.mydomain.com using SSL even the "Full SSL" is enabled in Cloudflare account (so i would expect *.mydomain.com (including mail.) would use the cert. too..

postcd, Apr 22, 2020 IP
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    UPDATE, here is what worked: I tried to select only main domain, www and mail to be SSL protected instead of a wildcard and then it used "https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org" and succeeded and Gmail can now get mail via SSL.

Yet if someone knows how to do wildcard, i would like to read how to do it..

postcd, Apr 23, 2020 IP