1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's take a look at HUCKABEE supporters..

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Dec 26, 2007.

1. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    These are myths, which I'm not surprised would be incorrectly raised, however, they have been addressed thoroughly. In fact, so thoroughly, they have long since passed on.

I've corrected them enough times already, so I'm presuming the point is that if they are repeated enough, will be true.

Still:

He cut taxes approximately 90 times. He raised taxes when the Arkansas Supreme Court mandated they had to be. I believe you know this as well, but it's good rhetoric. The Jesus/Satan thing has been a moman issue for a long time. It was a valid question. There is a difference between a question and an accusation.

He does have a theology based degree in Biblical Studies. That was not a lie. It's quite common to refer to a biblical degree as a theology degree. I believe you know this as well, but again, makes good rhetoric.

Did not release more convicts than any other governor. He did his job, and that job was to review each case. He also put to death row convicts than any states surrounding Arkansas. He's tough on crime, he's also tough on doing what's right. These have been thoroughly addressed on his website.

He did not release a rapist. This has been thoroughly debunked and I've covered it numerous times here, so I'm left with the impression of dishonesty again, which is really sad.

So what you've ended up with, is basically a list of distortions, smears and lies, that have all since been addressed and out/open in the media. And despite the dishonesty of them, Huckabee is still leading in Iowa and the Republican race.

As I said earlier, RP hasn't even earned the right to be scrutinized by the media yet. He's too far down on the list. While Huckabee has been ripped apart and answered to the lies and distortions, Ron Paul has even busted his cherry yet!

The Fair Tax is getting some great reviews and honest looks right now. This is a much better plan (though certainly not Huckabee's plan) than Ron Paul's, which is to just wish away the IRS and pretty much everything else in the government, and hope for the best. Ron Paul's policies are wreckless and dangerous. And as you point out, RP's policies (or more appropriately, lack of solutions, "so let's just dismantle everything" approach) is what is extremely dangerous with the world's largest economy.

I disagree. Unlike Ron Paul, Huckabee (as do many others who do not have some sort of hidden anti-Jewish agenda) recognizes the importance of allies and our longstanding history with Israel. Ron Paul has some serious issues relating to Israel and Jews. I doubt he'll ever come under scrutiny for such, because he'll never get far enough to do so, but on the slimmest of chances he does, he'll be ripped apart by the media here as well.

I read a while back that evangelicals hold an estimated 40% of the vote. Huckabee is performing admirably. He's running a positive campaign about why he should be President and dealing with constant (unwarranted in most cases) attacks and an onslaught of dishonesty directed towards him. A lesser man would have long folded, but he's more than handled it in a very positive way and kept right on moving forward.

A few months ago I said he, like any other candidate, should answer for controversies. Huckabee has done very well here. Better than I expected.

Ron Paul is supposedly a Christian as well. I suspect he's keeping it low profile so as not to piss off his supporters. I don't get the impression that very much of his base, at all, comes from faith based supporters.

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  2. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:

Whereas I do not agree with any of your post in any way, shape or form isn't it so much nicer when you are posting from your own mind (as you are doing here and like your Unca AGS does pretty much all of the time) rather than you copy and pasting some racist BS from a website for people with low IQ's that cannot think for themselves?

Good work buddy! Next time I gets the chance to rep you I may make it green instead of the usual red, how about that? We probably will not be making love in the new year but I would respect you more than I do at the moment if you thought and typed for yourself. :cool:

AGS, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  3. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He cut a lot of small taxes. He not only met the Supreme Court mandate for education, but he also raised taxes even higher. This is a man who taxed beds in retirement homes.

You're right, the Mormon bit was a question. The master of theology didn't know, so he asked the NYT interviewer. :rolleyes:

He has a Bachelor of Arts in Communications with a minor in theology. That is not a theology degree.

Check your facts.

Have you seen the interviews with the girl he raped? You gunna be the one to tell her he did not rape her?

Forget that Dumond had raped before he was incarcerated, and after he was released by Mike, the man was a rapist and Huckabee's office received not only letters from his victims, but a visit from the girl who was raped, begging that he not release Dumond.

Paul has an action plan, which is not constructing a double tax system, with a floating rate. Paul has a record of working to cut government spending and lower taxes, not a record like Huck's of taxing more and spending more.

Response in the Israeli papers to Paul has been pretty favorable. A lot of Zionists like the idea of cutting off aid from America if it means cutting off aid to Syria, Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

You'd probably be surprised to know that Jews are a lot less zealous about their religion than evangelical Christians are.

40% of the GOP vote. But Thompson and Paul have dipped into that pool. I see Thompson and Huckabee possibly going down by the end of New Hampshire, leaving Paul and Romney to fight out the battle for the Evangelicals.

He's not supposedly a Christian, he is a Christian. His brothers are ministers.

The difference between Paul and Huckabee is that Paul understands the separation of church and state, Mike wants to create a theocracy. A Televangelical Presidency.

guerilla, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  4. GTech

Best Answers:
    Would it be possible to dispense with the:

[​IMG]

Thanks, I appreciate the cooperation.

Guerilla, I'll gather the sources again. Just like you are passionate about perceived "smears" against ron paul, I am with Huckabee. Fortunately, I've had to do these with you in the past, so I have bookmarks to "re-address" them, again.

GTech, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just go to Wikipedia. It's all there, and sourced.

Btw, I think you are wasting a lot of time. I've saved you a seat on the Revolution bandwagon, for when Huckabee withdraws. I don't think he is going to make it to Super Tuesday. At best, he's gunna try to hold onto the evangelicals long enough to cut a deal at the National Convention. Maybe he can be Secretary of Lies and Spending.

6. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That retort wasn't even funny GT lol.

I would say go back to the "copy and pasting" but recently when you do that you end up getting banned lol!

Stick to using your own mind but please try and and make more effort if you are trying to be funny because you manifestly failed there with that piss poor effort. :D

AGS, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  7. GTech

Best Answers:
    Issues that related to taxes and spending:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.ClubGrow
    http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.ClubforGrowth

The NYT just ripped apart the latest round of dishonesty on Huckabee here:
    http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/28/ad-watch-romney-vs-huckabee/

Rook to queen, check? It was a legitimate question. As I recall, there is some truth to it as well, though to what degree I do not know. At best, a small jab, considering what Romney has done to Huckabee.

Incorrect:

http://news.monstersandcritics.com/....php/Huckabees_Theology_Degree_causing_a_stir

Debunked, again.

I have.

We've covered this several times, including the last time where I sourced the DNA report on the case where the DNA did not match up.

We've also covered this in other ways, but here are the sources again:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.DumondRes

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.Huffpo

I believe this is Ron Paul's weakest link. He has no experience. While Huckabee has many times, even multiple times in our discussions, been misrepresented and outright lied about, he has experience. He has lead. Ron Paul has never led, he's never been responsible death penalties, never been responsible for reading requests for pardons, never been in charge of a budget, never put anything into plan, never passed any meaningful legislation. All in all, he simply has no accomplishments.

Ron Paul has never passed anything to raise or cut taxes. He's simply voted no, and never had to deal with any consequences or be responsible for those actions. Huckabee has lowered taxes, given back to the people of Arkansas, worked with both sides of the isle when mandated by the Arkansas Supreme Court to raise taxes, has many accomplishments including major improvements to roads, bringing in new business, dramatically improving education. These are not just "no" votes, it's responsibility and leadership. Something Ron Paul simply doesn't have any experience with.

Ron Paul doesn't offer solutions. His philosophy is, if a 2x4 is nailed into the home at a slightly off angle, tear down the whole house and get rid of it.

Considering his base, I would not dispute the "papers" have been favorable. Papers are not leadership or accomplishments though.

I'm surprised someone would suggest such.

Thompson isn't an issue. He'll probably be the next to go. Huckabee has held and still, after all the fire thrown at him, still holds impressive leads. The only way I could see Ron Paul as a contender, is if my "theory" about his supporters is correct. That liberal/progressives (and we have a perfect base to build that theory off of right here) that would normally poll democrat, have moved over in such huge droves, that when pollsters do phone polling, they are not calling liberal/progressives for republican polling information. And if that's the case, then it "could" skew up, but I don't believe it will be anywhere near close enough.

Ron Paul isn't a factor in the race. The only reason I give him space here, is because all of the traditional liberals/leftists/progressives on this forum have switched over to the republican side (but still attack republicans and defend liberal democrats) to vote for a libertarian. We have a lot of conspiracy people here, so it's no surprise they are supporting Ron Paul.

Separation of Church and state is a myth. It is no where in our founding documents; the Constitution, the Bill of Rights or the Declaration of Independence. For someone who claims to be the champion of the Constitution and invokes the "Founding Fathers" more often than Rudy Guiliani has ever mentioned 9/11, Ron Paul ought to know better regarding the myth of "separation of church and state."

Mike doesn't want to create a theocracy. He's a Christian, a minister, a leader with experience. Religion has only been made an issue because the media has made it one. Far more so, than with Romney or other candidates.

GTech, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Propaganda. Romney was leaps and bounds the better governor. If I thought he had any spine, and wasn't spending his way into the White House (which makes me question his motives) and his insane and ignorant stance on Guantanamo and "Global Jihad", I might like him for his fiscal conservatism, and even his social conservatism. At least he understands balancing the books and cutting taxes.

Do you really think a candidate with a theology degree should be asking his interviewer what Mormonism is about?

More lies. World Net Daily has debunked this. What Huckabee says, and what is true are frequently two different things.

His own campaign admits he does not have a theology degree.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59222

:rolleyes:

Ah yes, more propaganda from the "Truth Squad". The only candidate with a "Truth Squad", constantly enlightening us on all of the lies about Mike Huckabee.

What about the letters that have turned up from Dumond's victims? What about the girl who was raped and confronted Huckabee face to face before he allowed Dumond to be released?

No truth on that yet...

Completely false. Shows a lack of knowledge on my candidate. I have posted this information for you numerous times before you were banned. Yet you continue to pretend you do not see it and carry on with spreading misinformation.

Maybe you should stop listening to that lunatic Hagee, and start reading Haaretz or following Israeli radio.

Huck's leads are slipping because he peaked too early. This week is going to be brutal for him. Not enough money to campaign, and he's losing position.

But hey, I can't wait to see the look on your face after the Iowa Caucus and NH Primary. :)

It's not just liberals, it's independents and pissed off Republicans. Traditional Republicans, not the neocons. You're also missing the youth vote.

Reagan and Goldwater were libertarians. Watch what you say about libertarians.

You know, Gerald Ford said that Reagan was unelectable in 1980. That his views were too far from the mainstream. The party thought he was a maverick. We all know how that turned out.

As far as conspiracies, Goldwater believed there was an international banking conspiracy against the United States. And he was the party nominee in 1964.

Again, you're wrong. You should read the Federalist papers. The Founders intentionally did not establish a state religion, even though they debated it. The reason being that the religion of the many was never to impinge on the rights of the few. That is why the Quakers fled Europe to come to America. Same with the Catholics in England.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_church_and_state_in_the_United_States

On the contrary, Huckabee has been running as God's candidate. He talks about his imaginary theology degree to promote himself as an expert.

No one in the GOP is buying him on foreign policy, fiscal conservatism, or even traditional conservatism. Like Pat Robertson, he has captured the hearts and minds of the evangelicals. Until he falters, when they will abandon him like a sinking stone.

9. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    If Ron Paul is so great, when then are all of his supporters so threatened by Huckabee, or anyone that does not support RP? Why the chatter and retort? Something tells me confidence in RP is fleeting.

Mia, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mia you have to be kidding me. How about those who always rip on RP when he has 'no chance' ?

I support RP, I however do not for a minute think he's a shoe in. I do think he has a chance if the cards fall correctly. Huckabee however does scare the piss out of me on many things, he is far from conservative, he is more preacher than he is politician, he has raised taxes many times, the 'truth squad' Gtech uses over and over has been debunked many times, even Fox news has called it crap.

The guy is a loon IMHO, he also has virtually no chance against the Dems no matter what 'polls' say.

It is not threatened to bring up actual facts from sources that actually matter, unlike the RP bashers who use tiny little no name blogs using no actual facts, all slander with nothing to back them up.

GRIM, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  11. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I wish GTech's candidate was Romney or Giuliani. Huckabee is really a non-starter, but I'll take the debate I can get.

12. GTech

Best Answers:
    This is what I've been waiting for!

I live for these moments, when dishonesty is confronted with truth and sources and they suddenly become "propaganda and lies" for you! I probably shouldn't give that away, but it does bring a smile to my face.

The above sounds exactly like al qaida talking points. And yet, you always take issue when others point it out. His position on Guantanamo and islamic terrorism is untouchable. That "that" disturbs you, is yet again, quite telling. I was a bit disappointed when Huckabee said he wanted to close Guantanamo, but later relieved to discover it was more symbolic, that he simply wants to relocate them.

You said he didn't have one. Make up your mind. You're better than grim, you don't need to take multiple positions on things.

Incorrect. What people like you say about him and what the truth are, are almost always two different things. Some don't place a very high value on integrity though, which is why Mike has to frequently correct the truth and why I have to do it here.

Again, false. This is an oped based upon the same NYT article. Mike does have a theology based degree in biblical studies. In the field, these are very often interchangeable. Mike has a Bachelor of Arts in Religion. You claimed otherwise and have been corrected.

No propaganda at all, but not surprising that you would claim so, after having been thoroughly corrected on the lies and misinformation about Huckabee you claimed. I guess you have to invoke "propaganda" to cover for the dishonesty.

Fortunately for you, your candidate has not earned the right for media scrutiny yet and hasn't been man enough to address the few things raised, but rather letting his followers try to figure out what to say instead to defend him.

You mean the DNA evidence that didn't match, and the sources I provided that clearly showed Huckabee didn't pardon him that have you so upset, that you would still try to continue forth with a lie? What else can I say? It's not like he met with white supremacists at a Thai restaurant ;)

I provided solid information that counters it, but since it's not ron paul, it's not a pap "smear."

Completely true. In fact, the lame info you posted further demonstrated this and confirmed why ron paul has no experience. When it's your candidate, you call it "misinformation" and "smears." When you do it to other candidates, like start threads calling people war criminals because he wants to keep people you admire behind bars where they belong, it's perfectly acceptable.

So you only like info on Israel and Jews, if it's submissive to their surrounding masters? Why doesn't that surprise me?

I disagree. Despite all the negativity by others, Huckabee is still on top and your candidate is still on bottom where he belongs. Huckabee has weathered a massive assault, spent less money, has plenty enough money raised online and offline and is effectively campaigning on a positive message.

The great part about this is, he's raised less money than Ron Paul, probably spent less than Ron Paul, is leading Ron Paul by 3-7 times in the polls. We didn't have the stormfronters, neonazis, 9/11 troofers and anti-semites to donate huge bundles of money, but then Huckabee's message doesn't appeal to those types of vagrants. Good trumps evil ;)

Americans like a positive message. They don't want a "blame America" and "Jews" first fruitcake as a leader. That's what the polls say!

It will be the same as that little smiley icon you posted.

There may be one or two pissed off republicans. I didn't say exclusively, but to deny that it's mostly a bunch of fringe nutters from the left wing, coupled with anti-semites, 9/11 troofers (the starting foundation of his support), two scoops of white supremacists and neonazis and other fringe vagrants would not be reflective. They flock to him for a reason, it's not by accident.

Ron Paul is no Reagan. If Ron Paul had any credibility, he and his supporters wouldn't have to invoke the good name of Reagan so often. Reagan had accomplishments though, Ron Paul doesn't, so he has to hang onto the coattails of Reagan.

Many said Howard Dean was unelectable in 2004. We all know how that turned out and it's a lot more close to the RP campaign than Reagan ever was. Besides, Reagan's campaign manager is working for Huckabee now.

The year before I was born. I have no idea whether this is true or not, but it's not important.

This is really a lame response, guerilla. You know I'm right on this. There is NO SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. It is a myth. IT IS NOT IN OUR FOUNDING DOCUMENTS. It's pitiful that you would claim that Ron Paul understands it, as is so typical of his supporters...in the absense of facts, just make some up. It's in HUGE uppercase letters for a reason. You know it, I know it and anyone else knows it.

There is NO SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. It is a myth created by the ACLU.

Huckabee addresses religion when brought up. It's been brought up more with him than any other candidate because he is a Baptist minister and has a theology based degree in biblical studies.

I know this one is tough for you though. You have to walk the fine line here, because your candidate is unfortunately (for you, at least) a supposed Christian as well. Has to be frustrating. I know you want to rip it to shreds, by hypocrisy would rear it's ugly head!

Speculative and opinionated and completely false. Considering he's leading the pack and your candidate is trailing the pack, despite having raised more money, I'd say they are not only accepting it, but liking what they hear. That 40% is just not interested in an anti-Israel, isolationist, tinfoil hat wearing candidate. Americans are "balanced." An extremist candidate with extremist views that wants to dismantle America and give aid and comfort to our enemies just isn't appealing, except to the very fringes in our country, and they don't have the numbers.

Better luck next time ;)

GTech, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  13. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I see Gtech still has a crush on me :rolleyes:

GRIM, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  14. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol "a supposed Christian aswell"

i guess because he was not a preacher makes for any doubt of his faith..

real clever

ncz_nate, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  15. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    He will definitely go for one of them if the arse drops out of Huck's champagne. :D

Basically he'll go against anyone but Ron Paul, he'd even take Hill Dog over him I reckons. :p

He would even prefer Mahmoud Ahmadinejad over Ron Paul I reckons.

AGS, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  16. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Knowing his response, he'll say how any person or thing in the world is more qualified than Ron Paul, go on to bash Ron Paul's supporters, and then I predict he makes a veiled (or not so veiled) comparison between Paul and Ahmadinejad.

omgitsfletch, Dec 29, 2007 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Right. Rudy and McCain have more skeletons in their closet, and they don't have "Truth Squads"

Read the quote from Mike's campaign staffer. Then re-read the NYT interview and blog followup from the author. Mike has lied about his degree.

My candidate's books, speeches, articles and audio interviews are all available on the net. Not covered up, not hidden. 30 years of Ron Paul and it's laid bare for everyone to see.

I find it's one of the most effective way of introducing people to Paul, is to just show them the truth.

Read the Mike Huckabee wikipedia page. Soures and information are all there, unspun by the "Truth Squad".

Ron Paul has a lot more foreign policy experience than Mike Huckabee. Paul was involved with the resolution to go to Iraq, as well as Afghanistan through the House by being on the Foreign Relations committee. Before Mike Huckabee started kissing ass with the CFR, he didn't have a clue about foreign policy or global politics.

Where did you get that? I actually follow Israeli news. I don't get my orders from televangelicals or Christian fanatics. What's wrong with actually following Israelis and Israel when trying to get the pulse of the Jewish people?

Huckabee is losing ground in Iowa, and has lost ground in NH. His trend lines are downward now. Paul is still trending positive. As far as Huckabee's finances, he's almost broke. You'll be interested to see the 4th Q filings in January.

I'll agree he's raised less, but this is because he has less popular support. His Huckaboom was a megaflop. A gigaflop.

Speaking of 9/11 Troofers, apparently Alex Jones has 50,000 listeners in Iowa. They are saying that 30,000 votes should be enough to win the state. Wouldn't that be something? ;)

Oh yeah, don't forget about all of the military endorsements. Isn't Paul the leader in donations from the Armed Forces?

Well Reagan endorsed Paul for Congress, Paul and Reagan were friends, they came from the same libertarian ideological wing of the party, Paul was one of only a handful of Congressmen to endorse Reagan for President.

Reagan's 1984 re-election campaign manager. Leftovers in the organizational pool from a candidate who couldn't afford to hire someone better, or attract someone with a sound ideology.

Paul's had several Reagan staffers and campaigners on his staff. His Iowa campaign is run by Drew Ivers, the premiere Iowa Caucus GOP campaigner and formerly worked for Reagan, Pat Robertson and Pat Buchanan. Ivers has more GOP experience in Iowa than any other campaign manager, and the results to prove it.

As far as Dean, his meteoric rise in the polls, mimics Huckabee. Fast rise, fast fall. We'll see after NH. Right now, Mike is a one state candidate.

It is important, because Reagan also subscribed to this world view. Reagan was a real small government conservative until he got into power. He was also a non-interventionist like Ron Paul.

Read the link I posted. You are incorrect, and the facts will continue to bear this out. Do you even know what the Federalist Papers are?

My candidate is a Christian but it is irrelevant. He isn't campaigning on his faith like Huckabee is. Heck, Huck's campaign is so poor, Churches that have been operating as defacto campaign centers for him are already under investigation for violating their tax status.

Leading the pack in the polls. Polls are meaningless when the ballots are cast. That is when depth of support, organizational structure and strategic campaigning all comes out.

I am going to love riding you about this throughout 2008.