1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's take a look at HUCKABEE supporters..

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Dec 26, 2007.

1. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about that miserable failure that was the December 27th money bomb? Oh wait, you guys had victory because you beat Thompson (lol) and you beat our haul for the day, when we didn't even have anything planned. Don't get me wrong, our supporters shouldn't meddle with your campaign drive, but if anything, maybe the fake pledges helped you guys get a few more supporters to donate, I know for our moneybombs, the higher the pledge total, the more motivated we became. Don't be so quick to judge it as all being Paul supporters too, Huckabee is leading in Iowa and is the target of EVERY campaign right now.

omgitsfletch, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  2. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol gtech strikes again. glad to see he isnt banned

ncz_nate, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I can respect this message, would be nice for some 'proof' of what they claim but I'll take them for their word. If RP supporters did what they claim they did then those few 'or even one' person should be held accountable. Kind of reminds me of certain people on here who have nothing better to do than to bash RP over and over even though he has 'no chance', using baseless sources as their means of ammunition.

Guess there are 'rotten apples' supporting all campaigns ;)

GRIM, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  4. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hucks "Huckaboom" money bomb dived. They tried to blame it on Ron Paul supporters, but the reality is that there is only one candidate with real grassroots support.

Brett Harris was welcome on the RonPaulForums but he got run off the other day for talking out of both sides of his mouth. He endorses, on his forum the exact same behavior that Ron Paul supporters get accused of, then writes holier than thou open letters about how evil Paulunteers are.

I just heard something funny on RPR Radio. The Huck and RP offices in DesMoines are right next to each other, and one of the organizers from the RP office said that Huck's office has 2 or 5 people in it, and the RP office has 50 staff.

I'm pretty sure Huckabee is going to finish 3rd in Iowa. Apparently 400 people arrived by bus from California to work the RP campaign in Iowa and NH. Not even Romney can match that.

guerilla, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  5. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Plus the 275 students that should be there, instead of at home from college over holiday break, working for the Paul campaign. The 275 students are planning to reach 500,000 people through canvassing in these last couple weeks. Amazing stuff.

omgitsfletch, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  6. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    The one that ron paul supporters setup to counter the one we did for Huckabee? Yeah, that was kind of funny! Surprised you'd bring that up though!

We're about 62,000 away from meeting the 5 million online goal for the quarter. The funny part is, many say "that's nothing," but is raising large volumes of cash offline. The campaign has plenty of money. The rewarding part is, he's probably raised less than others, yet is still in the lead.

How's that miserable failure, the ron paul blimp (hidenburg), coming along? Did it turn out to be a lot of "hot air?" :D

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  7. GTech

Best Answers:
    I would love to see that source. Please direct me to where he endorses on the forum the same behavior of ron paul supporters. I'm there often, and it's a very low key, nice crowd. It is nothing compared to the idiocy of the ron paul forums.

RP supporters have been the worst example of a group of people I've seen in an election since I can remember. Obnoxious, dishonest, vile and flat out right anti-social behavior. And it's not just me that's observed it. Red state, news media, bloggers around the net. I know many are absolutely looking forward to him fading away, where he belongs, like Howard Dean. Just a few more days ;)

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  8. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No Huckabee tried to copy the Ron Paul concept again, but of course, without a genuine candidate, and genuine supporters, it failed.

yeah, we raised $5 million in Q3. Like 3 months ago. Now we can raise $5 million in one day. I guess Huck didn't go to Florida during the Iowa campaign to emergency fund raise like the newpapers have been reporting. :rolleyes:

It was over Jacksonville today. Apparently, it's been stopping traffic on freeways. :D

9. GTech

Best Answers:
    Are you saying ron paul owns the patent on raising money online? That's a rather egotistical claim, if so. As I recall, most candidates raise money online. Mike has raised quite a bit of money offline as well.

There's a lot of stormfronters out there who were eager to donate. It's not how much you raise, it's what you do with it.

I'm sure it's illegal activity will have an impact down the road ;)

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  10. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Huckabee claims cash gusher

Bernard, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  11. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    lol illegal activity..

let's wage war on blimps!!

12. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If there is one war GTech could win, it would be fought with hot air!

Yes. Paul owns the patent. He owns the single day all time fund raising record, and he set and broke the single day online fund raising record.

We've raised at least half of what you have raised offline, and 5 times what you have raised online.

But the interesting number now is that Paul now has offices in Michigan, California, and Alabama. More infrastructure than any other candidate.

You better hope Mike comes in first on Thursday, or his campaign is going to take a major hit and he will be done by Super Tuesday.

13. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Providing that GTech can keep his ass out of the banned zone I must admit that I am really looking forward to debates between guerilla and GTech this coming January. :)

I think most DP P&R heads already know who I'll be cheering for. :D

AGS, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  14. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    let's keep the trash talk going, joey porter style. cause when the actual game day comes, it's gonna be my team who backs up the talk.

why don't we keep a tally on this. for every state's primary or caucus we'll see who won against who. paul and huckster.

15. GTech

Best Answers:
    My patented chili recipe would ensure such. However, there will come a time when the illegal activities of the "blimp that didn't went" will come under investigation. But damn the rules, if it's for ron paul.

Holding a record is one thing, being the first to raise money online is another. I didn't think you had a good argument for that one, but I figured it couldn't hurt to enquire.

And yet still hover at 5%. Kind of proves my point ;)

I love the tenacity of ron paul supporters. In the absense of any real facts, just make some up. "Ron paul has more toilet paper in bathrooms than any other candidate!"

Mike's doing a lot better than Ron paul, with a lot less money and lot less fruitcakes :D

Like I said a few days ago, RP hasn't even earned the right to come under media scrutiny yet. I don't believe he'll ever get that far, but if he does, any short term gain he gets will be very, very short lived once they start digging on him.

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  16. GTech

Best Answers:
    If you recall, we have soldiers depending on the outcome here. Or was that for New Hampshire? I'd have to go look up that bet thread we all made. I'd like to believe the fourth link in my signature will get a few donations from ron paul supporters ;)

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Huckabee has every thing to lose and Paul has everything to gain.

I'm dying for the Iowa caucuses to begin. :)

Oh, they have been attacking Paul relentlessly all week. And he's knocking the criticisms out of the park. The best thing is, they've already exhausted all of the potential dirt they could find on him. From here on out, it's all smooth sailing.

18. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    o it's still on. i just wanna make sure a tally is kept. ;)

19. GTech

Best Answers:
    That's a good point, guerilla. When you've been on the bottom of the pole for so long, there is no great expectation.

I disagree on the dirt on Ron Paul. I've been in/out this past week, but I've not seen anything even remotely close to what Huckabee has been through. I'd like to say Romney too, but Drudge has pretty much isolated Romney from anything "damaging." Guess it "pays" to have friends in high places.

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  20. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Romney buys his safety.

As far as Huck, he's got a lot of dirty laundry. He voted for taxes, he lied about voting for taxes. His son hung a dog. He accused Mormons of believing that Jesus and Satan are brothers. He lied about his theology degree. He released more convicts than any other Arkansas Governor by a significant factor. One of them was a rapist who went on to rape again. After his victims asked Huckabee not to release the rapist.

He endorses the Fair Tax, which is not only poorly devised, it's an idea that has only been baked for a couple years, and wants to experiment on it in the world's largest economy.

He seems to be more concerned with the safety of Israel than the safety of America with his weak immigration stances.

What Huck has going for him, is the evangelicals. But if he doesn't perform, they will abandon him the way they abandoned Pat Robertson. The only thing the evangelicals like more than a Preacher, is a winner.