1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's take a look at HUCKABEE supporters..

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Dec 26, 2007.

1. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oooo you are so right. I think I forgot my suit and tie on my way into P&R today.. :p

ncz_nate, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  2. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I have tolerated your snide remarks and insults, as with the rest of the Nixon gang for a long time.

This is a patented technique by your group. If you had half a clue who Nate or Fletch are from reading their posts, you would know they are American. But somehow, you have managed to miss that, but conclude that they are "Islamists"?

There are a lot of Christian extremists here, who forget that Jesus was the Prince of Peace, and he practiced tolerance and self-sacrifice. Before you start calling someone else an extremist, maybe you should re-examine your own positions, and figure out if they are consistent with your belief system.

When you label Americans as anti-American or non-Americans, you're basically proving Edmund Burke's statement that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel".

guerilla, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  3. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You think that anyone that doesn't love George Bush is an extremist. :confused:

AGS, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  4. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, someone gots his panties in a bind.

Not sure where you are jumping all over about. I never said nate was an islamist did I? I actually thought he was a young black man until I saw his picture in another post (makes more sense to his writings.)

So many people, I get some confused, but I am pretty sure that he defended some extremist activities before.

Maybe you can tell me how "extreme" I am? Since you know me so well. Love the nixon remarks, and like above where you say "group". Who would be my group? You will see that I have disagreed with those you group me with as well, but in civility. Some people automatically go off and either start cussing, whining, reporting - that one is funny, or shouting off things like nixon gang or red rep gang <-- signs of lunacy if you ask me.

So maybe before you start calling me names and grouping me at the drop of a hat, you can have a discussion, correct me if I am wrong or mistaken. I seriously wasn't and am not sure and that is why it was in a questioning type statement.

debunked, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  5. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How can anyone correct or discuss with you, when you're bound and determined to label anyone who doesn't agree with your point of view an "extremist" or an "islamist"?

If you want the moral high ground, you better be prepared to climb that mountain, not shout from the base.

Gimme a break.

6. debunked

Best Answers:

Whow.... what the heck are you talking about.

I feel like I am talking to a drunk now. seriously...

7. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't get it, you don't get it. Maybe I was out of line saying you are pretty smart.

I'm one of many people fed up with being labeled "Islamists" or "terrorist sympathizers".

Maybe you'll use a little more discretion now on when addressing people by what you perceive they believe in.

8. debunked

Best Answers:
    Oh, I see.

Sorry, I guess you are one of the few supporting RP that may not fit in that group. It was kind of a joke of sorts, hence the last line about being a nate.

You took that note a bit different than I was meaning for it. The list is true to a large degree, but a few don't fit that list. Unless you bolded certain parts that fits you, but I think you bolded it to point at what I said. So, Guerilla, please accept my apologies, I was making the same point I have before, didn't mean to make it look like an ALL statement.

As far as me saying someone has shown support to terrorism, I really only say that about someone who flat out says something was OK or deserved. Like when someone says that the towers was an earned attack, like we deserve the attacks. Or when menji1980 says that a woman should be stoned for showing an ankle type of thing (don't remember the exacts, but menji is a true islamist who follows the koran religiously)

9. omgitsfletch

omgitsfletch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The list is far from true. I have personal experience, and have made close friends with at least 20 of the 300+ people in my Orlando Meetup group. They do not fit any of those categories. They are extremely diverse in political affiliations, ages, religions, and any other demographic, and I'm sure a few of them are crazy truthers, but I would certainly say about the same as any random sampling of people off the street. This movement is growing everyday and people from both sides can't attack the message aside from a simple "the goals of a Ron Paul administration would ruin America", so they've resorted to every sort of defamation of character they can dig up.

If Ron Paul was a typical politician, he would have been buried months ago by scandals and accusations. But then again, if Ron Paul was a typical politician, he wouldn't have the trust and support of so many who were previously politically disenfranchised, and this movement would not be what it is today. They are picking the wrong man to mess with, because his record is damned near spotless, and it's grasping at straws trying to bring him down.

Guerilla brings up a good point, and I will follow his advice of not playing into your game. If I said something that makes me an Islamist, SHOW ME. I'm not going to just follow along with your deflections, bring something to the table first.

omgitsfletch, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  10. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any evidence to back up that assertion? I would say that the majority of Ron Paul's supporters do *not* fit that list.

Here's over 1,000 RP supporters saying hello: Who Are Ron Paul's Supporters?

So which 500+ (majority) of that representative sample fits your list?

Bernard, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  11. debunked

Best Answers:
    Here on DP - that is the only place I really have seen the supporters.

I think I have seen 1 sign and 1 bumper sticker in my city so far.

Many of the RP supporters aren't going to say that they are neo-nazis or such, they usually don't admit they are anyways. The conspiracy nuts won't admit it either, so the npr list won't have that kind of info, besides being a very politically left site, so that it won't even touch the crowd that wouldn't listen to npr.

12. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    and how many other candidate's bumper stickers have you seen in your city?

13. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    I've seen like 1 Fred sticker, 2 Rudy stickers, and not really any signs, besides Paul. I've seen countless Paul signs and about 15 bumper stickers. According to my evidence, Paul is going to win the nomination in a landslide. See, I can twist reality to fit my goals too! The bottom line is that most supporters are normal, everyday people. It's painful to admit, but true.

14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    That's what a pedophile looks like? Interesting..

If this post is an example of what the average RP supporter is thinking, you better ad moonbats to the list of people who support him.

Mia, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  15. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    Yes I am the average RP supporter. Therefore i think exactly like all of my fellow supporters. Right now.. I'm thinking about eating some clementines in a bit, so all of my fellow supporters are most likely thinking the same.

It's a pretty neat way to get web traffic. I just start thinking about my site and bam I have like 1 million hits. But then again I have a lot of sites to go to myself :rolleyes:

16. omgitsfletch

Best Answers:
    You just had a clementine too? No way! This hive mind really is nifty...

17. guerilla

guerilla Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I just had a clementine AND I went to a website!

Mia has cracked the code!

18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I rest my case..

Mia, Dec 27, 2007 IP
  19. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's a conspiracy!

Bernard, Dec 28, 2007 IP
  20. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    That really works both ways. There are a lot of muslim extremists here, but some how, they always get a pass. It's always everyone who likes America, that is the "extremist" for some reason. Maybe the problem isn't everyone else?

Perhaps those that spend inordinate amounts of energy informing others of how bad America sucks on a daily basis might try something new. If "we" (used OH SO very loosely here) can say nice things about presidents who threaten to wipe Israel off the map, has American blood on his hands, is constantly threatening others in the world, surely we could find a smidgen of something positive to say about "our" own country?

Getting back to the topic though, it's interesting that the thread started off as a smear (with literally nothing to back it up) about Huckabee supporters. My oh my how everyone jumped on, until the tables were turned a little bit. Then it became all serious :rolleyes:

Let's take a look at Ron Paul supporters. Nothing unusual here, just standard operating procedure.

GTech, Dec 28, 2007 IP