1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's stop with the bullcrap

Discussion in 'Directories' started by bobby9101, Sep 24, 2007.

1. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:

Really ? Theres always cheerleaders that don't know anything instead of doing what's best for them they hang around with the players. That's why there's always teen pregnancy and it's a society problem and a family problem. :rolleyes:

popotalk, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  2. The Pheonix

The Pheonix Banned

Best Answers:
    OMG, PHX ain't me is it? :D Well said malcolm, although I don't think we have to agree with everyone all of the time we should have at least the courage to speak our minds without overly insulting each other.

My views are strong and I usually can back them up, if I get it wrong then hey shit happens, I'll apologise. :eek:

The Pheonix, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  3. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    popo if your trying to say I am a cheerleader your wrong I am far from being a cheerleader. I do whats best for me and my family so what I make a few bucks in the process been doing it for years now. Directories aren't my only business I do other things also and with what my husband and I make Was able to buy our own home and provide the extras my kids need. So until you know me don't judge me I just believe in directories thats why I have always had them in one form or another

jminscoe, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  4. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ok I apologize. I thought you were defending some of the crap directory owners. Well I like directories too but I hate those lying bastar*s.

Sorry i misunderstood your post. Friends. :)

5. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Apology excepted and as far as crap directories go they will die soon enough When I annouce my directories it because they go with one of my sites sure some I started this year but I also have niches to go with my niche sites and I will be getting my article directory converted over to phplinkdirectory so that will add more value. Believe me I have put out alot on my directories including submission services and will again I am not just in it for the money either

6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good and let me know of that and I will do my best to support you. ;)

7. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that with all these people leaving DP, it might be a fun place to hang out ;) Just kidding if I offended anyone.
    But, I had a similar problem with a friend of mine, she is very sensitive and all she did was complain about how everyone fought. I am sorry to bring the bad news, but the place we live is called earth. Fighting will always exist here, we are all man (or woman) enough to handle a little fighting without leaving DP. Life is about fixing fights, not running from them. So yeah, life isn't always rainbows and butterflies, but you have to mkae the best of what you got.
    There is a song by fergie called "Big girls don't cry" it applies to all of htose that go and run from problems.
    Your one of very few female directory owners in a male dominated industry. Congrats!

bobby9101, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  8. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks I am used to being in a male dominated industry I had brothers and male friends growing that made me fix my own cars including taking a tranny out change fluids and so forth. I was taught you can do and be :)anything you want

9. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good thing to be taught, determination will get you anywhere

10. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well I was expecting some good answers from you and be straight. I know earth and filth too you know. But in this world there are weak people that could not defend themselves against bullies and I made that as an example. Anyway thanks for trying. ;)

11. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I could give you my no frills, down to earth, bone shattering answer. But I am too afraid of being permanently banned. :eek:

popotalk likes this.
  12. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    By 'end users' I think you really mean searchers. If so, the answer is absolutely no value, IMHO. I don't know a single person who ever uses a directory to find anything. If I asked twenty friends if they ever used Y! directory, or ODP, or Business.com to find something I'd be willing to bet that not a single one would answer 'yes'.

That said, I'm not sure it's totally about PR either. Any directory I have ever submitted to has been for traffic! :D

/*tom*/

longcall911, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  13. bobby9101

bobby9101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sort of contradictory huh? You say nobody uses them for information, but you only submit for traffic. Explain?

14. mauiman

mauiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bobby - not to be a total smart ass (just partially) the day the "bullcrap" stops here on DP will be the same day the entire worldwide web (internet) is shut down after China has conquered the world.

I guess my point is: you might try to worry less about the idiotic comments and just try to extract a few gems here and there and not drown in the swamp of a gazillion posts in between them. The bullcrap won't ever go away... the internet assures us all of that fact.

mauiman, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  15. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    with so much poop talk of cheerleaders and gangs going on, i don't know if i want to watch an old school throwback colors or a bunch of cheerleaders.

I don't know, maybe all that talk about being on the sidelines is just someone's plea in trying to express a deep dark secret of theirs.

who knows these days.

an0n, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  16. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    101% Agreed. These are the right points and exactly what directory owners do things here around. And I don't want to repeat it again if its right or wrong or whatever. No one uses a directory to find quality sites. Webmasters use them to buy links and directory owners sell links.

aditya_sfs, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  17. DownUnder

DownUnder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well somebody better be ready for a change then 100% sure of that.:)

DownUnder, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  18. workshop

workshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Cant argue with that and I dont think Google has a problem with that either. That is if the directory master is charging to review sites and they are doing the job they claim to be doing. Its a neat arrangement.

The problems start, as we have just witnessed, when directory masters start getting greedy and start to lie. Its a nasty habit and some people just dont understand that.

workshop, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  19. Audentio

Audentio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ill give you a red rep, sure, but I think you deserve a big fat shiny GREEN! :p

Great rant, I can deny what is there. Everyone sins, greed is a sin, lets not pretend we dont sin XD.

Audentio, Sep 24, 2007 IP
  20. Ernster

Ernster Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you....about time someone spoke up about directories.

Ernster, Sep 25, 2007 IP