1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's Red rep. DMOZ editors.

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by gworld, Jan 22, 2006.

It is an accepted fact that DMOZ editors are not a big fan of democratic process and open discussions. I suppose it is hard to be corrupt and defend a corrupt system when people can speak their mind.

In fact the reason that I joined this forum was because in another forum that I was participating, some of the moderators were DMOZ editors and they will close threads and deleted posts as soon as some one told the truth about the DMOZ corruption and everybody also knows the situation with DMOZ own forum the sourceless zone.

Lately more and more DMOZ editors are joining this forum and in order to force people to not speak against DMOZ, they are using the only tool available to them which is giving anonymous red rep and name calling. They have done this to me and from reading the others post, I noticed that they are doing it to them also and this is getting ridiculous because of the number of DMOZ editors that are joining and their gang mentality.

From now on, I have decided that I will red rep any DMOZ editor who post in DP and I invite other to do the same until these people learn how to behave in an open forum and democratic discussions.

gworld, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    he he... I know what you are saying.... I've also got repped by them. Seems they don't like the fact that I have proof of how they delete sites for no reason and then with a brief negociation ($$$$) you can get back in with a "cool site" rating

fryman, Jan 22, 2006 IP
    jazzylee77 and gworld like this.
  3. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. I've been rep'd by quite a few of them the last couple of days. What's sad is they don't even have the decency to leave a name. Is DMOZ run by a bunch of 12 yr olds?

But I will not get into these rep wars that they seem to want to play. Well, ok there's a couple I would rep.... :D

EveryQuery, Jan 22, 2006 IP
  4. Nokia999

Nokia999 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am with you.

There are very good members at DP forums.But some are really bastards who give Red reputation and call names without any reason.

Nokia999, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    gworld and (deleted member) like this.
  5. TMan

TMan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah. Let's rep every single dmoz editor.

Please, red rep me, I'm an editor. :rolleyes:

Dude, get a life.

TMan, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    hulkster likes this.
  6. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I feel your pain but there are some DMOZ editors on here that aren't bad apples and also contribute a great deal (They also aren't giving out red rep to anyone just because they disagree). I think I will decide on my own who to red rep rather then follow a mob mentality that reps blindly.

yfs1, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    jazzylee77 likes this.
  7. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    LOL. This thread is probably not the best place to be announcing DMOZ editorship. It's going to go over about as well as a fart in church. :D

EveryQuery, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  8. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    What's funny is that I played an innocent joke in some DMOZ thread and some DMOZ editor redrepped me for that - and I'm DMOZ editor myself.

Masons at least had some signs to find out whether the other is Mason too.... :)

Anyway, show YOUR power over those who misuse redrepping for their selfish purposes - don't do that same bad thing.

subseo, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    yfs1 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    Better be careful there, Subseo. They might just kick you out of the club.

10. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Hehe. I don't feel like being in a club. I just edit sites in a field I like, it's a hobby thing, and very small to it. I am not bashing DMOZ nor it's editors, so I have nothing to be afraid of. And if there is someone who better than working on his approval queue, spends time redrepping me and other innocent people, God bless him, that's all I can say :). I'm just having fun.

subseo, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    hulkster and Smyrl like this.
  11. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    That's the attitude. Keep it up!

12. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously, why bother with DMOZ anyway - the only people who use it are webmasters? Concentrate on building good sites that speak for themselves rather than putting so much effort into moaning about DMOZ.

YFS1 speaks great truth. Mob mentallity badddd. Use your head, gooooood. :)

Dio, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    joeychgo likes this.
  13. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Btw. this thread reminded me of one thing. I'm doing so little green rep, despite I have read so many great posts here on DP. Something I need to work on, not being shy nor lazy nor forgetful to express the gratitude, so to speak. The day is suddenly brighter if you give someone a green one :)

subseo, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    EveryQuery and sarahk like this.
  14. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Let's stone them! :eek: :D :eek:

minstrel, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  15. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    I posted this pic earlier in another thread to show how childish certain DMOZ editors act:

http://www.portprophecy.com/pics/badrep.gif

I certainly understand Gworlds frustrations.

PS. No offense to the DMOZ editors who do not act childish.

subseo likes this.
  16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Stone who ..lol

You lost me after the bible quote :(

yfs1, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  17. TMan

TMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more.

It's funny however that people really are red repping me for being a dmoz editor. It's like "hey, he wears glasses. Someone who wears glasses pissed me off last week. Let's kick this guy's ass".

Childish. Pathetic. Etc.

Start your own directory if you can do better, no one's stopping you.:cool:

TMan, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  18. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Which one was the bible quote? :confused:

minstrel, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    TMan likes this.
  19. shadow575

shadow575 Peon

Best Answers:
    I particularly liked:
    :D :D

Made me laugh, it was much more original than:
    ;)

shadow575, Jan 23, 2006 IP
  20. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Thought I would share this bit of intelligence coming from a DMOZ editor who gave me red rep.

It begs to ask the question, do you not realize that any DP member who questions the moral and ethical fiber of DMOZ is not looking for a fight as well? What do you think the point of these threads are for? We as members of this forum / webmasters / general public are tired of some DMOZ editors talking out of both sides of their face. Changing guidelines when it suits their comments, only listing sites that belong to either them, a friend, a family member or anyone who is willing to grease a palm. This also includes not cleaning up the directory of spam, broken links, seo descriptions for friends of DMOZ, the hiring of more editors to clear the ques out, putting into place procedures to stop corruption to just name a few.

So yes I am out for a fight, I am fighting corruption, unethical and immoral practices as I believe everyone else here who doesnt agree with DMOZ BS is doing as well. This is not about my site being listed, you can list my site today and I will still challenge any DMOZ editor that doesnt perform their job by the guidelines or in an ethical manner as they should.

Las Vegas Homes, Jan 23, 2006 IP
    minstrel and Caveman like this.