1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

let's build a scam affilates list to warn others !

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by morabih, Oct 24, 2009.

hi
    i think that warning others from scam affiliates is the most important thing these days , because many spent their time and money day after day and in the end they never got paid.
    so i decide to create a website with this meaning but i need your help to know the most scam affiliates .

thanks in advance

morabih, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  2. kind_of_the_cash

kind_of_the_cash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea but where to start ?

kind_of_the_cash, Oct 24, 2009 IP
  3. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need to have a system of checks and balances.

Look at ALL the times here on the forum, someone hiding behind an anonymous user name cries SCAM and other affiliates on the forum tell him the network isn't a scam network, it was the affiliates own fault for breaking the rules and even the affiliates say the complainer should not have been paid.

Sometimes when affiliates accuse a company of canceling their account or not paying them, the real issue was that the affiliate committed fraud or broke the TOS by cookie stuffing, spamming, PPC bidding or somehow breaking other rules.

So I think you need to give the program or network a chance to defend themselves. The only way that will work is if somehow they are give the affiliate's real name or affiliate ID. The network would not know that crickey278 that reported them is really James Adams, aff id 14872.

PLUS some people hiding behind anonymous user names online. Without any checks and balances you can have a competing network pretend to be an affiliate who claims they weren't paid, in order to tarnish their competitors industry reputation.

So then that brings up the next issue, which is that most affiliates aren't going to want to give their real name or ID. PLUS how would you even verify that a complainer is who they say they are or confirm they are even a member of that network???

The BIGGEST issue is your liability. If you foster an environment where people are encouraged to leave complaints or where people are allowed to lie and slander, you could easily be sued by a network who has more money than you and a lawyer on staff. It's happened before, even on forums.
    (I don't allow any complaints about companies or networks on my affiliate forum, specifically due to concerns about law suits.)

Those are just a few things to think about. So while I think it's a good idea,
    I believe this model is going to be much harder to pull off than you realize.

5starAffiliates, Oct 24, 2009 IP
    snakeair likes this.
  4. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    id rather see a list of networks that rip affiliates off.

narsticle, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  5. kingsoflegend

kingsoflegend Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be a good idea, but someone needs to put in a lot of effort to make it and I do mean A LOT. Every submission must be checked thoroughly because there are two sides to every story and I've read quite a few posts with the following template: "I signed up at someaffiliatenetwork.com, paid 12 year old malaysian workers to use proxies and do surveys and now someaffiliatenetwork.com won't pay me".

The second problem is that nobody will look at this list until they have been scammed. 99% of (real) scams can be avoided using the following method: step1. check if the network has been in business for over 3 months. If they haven't, stay away. If they have, go to step2: google "someaffiliatenetwork.com scam" and see what others have to say. If there are forum posts/blogs/sites about scams, stay away.

kingsoflegend, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  6. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the buyer's responsibility to research the product. Should I fall for a scam, I will have to get scam-proved and wisen-up.
    Nothing does that better as when I loose money and time. Maybe next time I won't just believe the promises, but actually check them out.

smile633, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  7. believer1984

believer1984 Peon

Best Answers:
    just make a thread on them on scam.com. pretty simple or proove how they are scams and get the good commuity out there to give feedback to further show they are scams.

see my sig for example on prooving spinsuccess.com as a scam.

Hate scammers. They should be exposed and peopel should help each other out by warning others.

Been wripped off a few times on the internet and i know the horrible feeling of losing your hard earnt money or time.

peace out.

believer1984, Oct 26, 2009 IP
  8. morabih

morabih Peon

Best Answers:
    by sharing your experience or ideas in how to define the right affiliate scam companies
    regards

morabih, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  9. UnderWearKing

UnderWearKing Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, and there are plenty of them to talk about.

UnderWearKing, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  10. dtrainer

dtrainer Peon

Best Answers:
    I know a few scams: big cheques with google, internet secrets, make big cash online...

dtrainer, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  11. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another issue is affiliates that were once good that turn into a scam. Publishers that don't earn enough for a monthly check won't know when an affiliate has stopped paying and might vouch for a company that has gone sour. For instance, one of my top programs used to earn me $xxx each month, but then they basically shut down the program without actually shutting it down. In other words, they stopped paying publishers, and when anyone sent them a complaint they just claimed they had data showing the publisher had sent fraudulent clicks. When more vigilant publishers (like myself) asked for more info, they'd send back a list of clicks that proved click fraud. In my case, it was 10 clicks in a one-minute period from Saudi Arabia (never been, nor do I know anyone from there). I found others who had received similar information from the company. Needless to say, all of their links still worked (so they were still getting paid), but they had decided to accuse every single one of their publishers of fraud, although they'd only make that accusation if a publisher asked (why alert them that they aren't getting paid anymore?). I made my best effort after that to alert everyone about this company at the time (this was 6 or 7 years ago), but I'm sure they still made a nice little profit on unchanged links.

Perhaps the best course of action would be to start a new thread for each accused affiliate program, and then a separate affiliate scam list thread that links to each individual thread for the affiliates on the list. The thread-starter for the list should put in the time to attempt to summarize the consensus for each thread (if there is one). For example:
    ABC affiliate - Appears to be a scam
    DEF affiliate - Multiple publishers report getting paid, probably NOT a scam

davewashere, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  12. residualincome4life

residualincome4life Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't that what SCAM.com is for?

residualincome4life, Oct 27, 2009 IP
  13. Divyani

Divyani Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont know really... I havent tested affiliates in the market. As i was associated with forex industry, one of my very close friend recommended Referforex.com and till then i am an affiliate marketer of that site. therefore no scam from my site.

Divyani, Oct 28, 2009 IP