1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's all leave EPN

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by vitalbusiness, May 9, 2008.

1. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    If things stay this bad then thousands of affiliates WILL leave, although it will be a slow tickle and not a mass exodus. Affiliates will find alternatives that have tracking that works and pay better, which is not an easy thing to find, sadly. I've stopped working on new store fronts using eBay and started seriously working alternatives.

geomark, May 12, 2008 IP
  2. Crazace2006

Crazace2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The past two days have been a lot better (knock on wood), hopefully it keeps improving.

Crazace2006, May 12, 2008 IP
  3. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe EPN noticed this forum and got scared -lol

mcmuney, May 12, 2008 IP
  4. Brewster

Brewster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I'm earning well into three figures with a few sites at the moment, so I won't be leaving in a hurry.

Brew

Brewster, May 12, 2008 IP
  5. cianuro

cianuro Peon

Best Answers:
    cianuro, May 13, 2008 IP
  6. seowarrior

seowarrior Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's pretty depressing. The thing is, I've gotten a lot better at driving targeted traffic to my sites, I'm just not making squat doing it. So what good alternatives are there?

seowarrior, May 13, 2008 IP
  7. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Oops, even after reading this thread, I suddenly had an inspiration for another BANS store and created it last night. I guess I will be staying with eBay for a while longer... :p

Aldouspi, May 13, 2008 IP
  8. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    has anyone had a real response from them yet?

even a response would help me

mberman84, May 13, 2008 IP
  9. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    "So far they all look either consistent or higher than
    our averages on CJ pre-migration (at a summary level across all
    affiliates)."

ummm....that confirms that they don't read this forum.

there's no possible way that this can be true. 95% of people i talk to say their revenue to significantly lower since the switch

10. mberman84

mberman84 Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, the past 2 day have been better...but i mean...better compared to nothing is still nothing.

i made like $8 bucks so far this month with 2500+ clicks...with CJ i would be at $400 already with that many clicks.

11. mrmrdan

mrmrdan Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow and I thought I was the only one with bunch of clicks but no money. Good thing I refrained further from going into BANS

mrmrdan, May 13, 2008 IP
  12. vitalbusiness

vitalbusiness Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I started this thread was I started an online store using bans. I have had some experience with CJ and there have been months I have made quite a bit with them.

Then I saw forums about bans and it sounded like a good idea to start my own store, so I did. I created a website and began to advertise it on AdWords. I spent about $10-$15 a day just on it. With other CJ advertisers if I spent that much I would make about $30 a day or more in pure profit. I advertised that bans site for 2 weeks.... I made 36 cents. I won't touch EPN again with a 9-foot stick coz it stinks so bad! (Unless I see people start saying they are making real money with it).

vitalbusiness, May 13, 2008 IP
  13. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    BANS works exceedingly well for me, offering an excellent platform, IMO, for setting things up nicely to operate as an EPN affiliate. The success I'm having with EPN from organic traffic to my BANS sites has absolutely nothing to do with BANS, however. BANS is simply the instrument. It's how you use it, and what you do with it, that makes all the difference.

It's like a good golf club. If you don't use it right, it won't work.

potentmix, May 13, 2008 IP
  14. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, BANS is a joke :D BANS is the equivalent of Adsense MFA sites.

Anybody with little or no experience can buy a BANS script from ClickBank, buy 100 .info domains from GoDaddy for $1.99 each and setup 100 sites with no content other than ebay content. Next they buy one of those blog spamming scripts, hire some forum posters to spam the store links, or buy some cheap traffic or PPC ads and bingo, they're making money from sites with NO ORIGINAL CONTENT.

Head's up because eBay is doing heavy quality control and weeding out spammy sites that exist for no reason other than to pimp EPN links.

If you want to see the type of sites eBay is looking for, check this link or this site and see how the affiliate links are surrounded with original content and that site visitors have some other reason to go to the site other than to pimp EPN links.

I have also noticed 99% of the affiliates pissing and moaning about loss of earnings are using BANS script. The rest of us who have original content on our sites and coded our own solutions are not complaining...

So to all of you who want to leave EPN, my advice is "don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out"

Bryce, May 28, 2008 IP