1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Let's all leave EPN

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by vitalbusiness, May 9, 2008.

No, I am not calling for a boycott. But I just thought if all the people who are here left it and asked their friends to do the same who would EPN have then as their partners?

If they act like jerks so should their affiliates towards them. Look, ebay is going thru the same thing ALL big companies went thru. They have become big and greedy. They will go out of business if they do not realise their downfall. Customers want to be respected (think of Sears, it almost went out of business because they focused on money only. Thank goodness now they have started focusing on customers once again).

Ebay you suck! I hope you either go out of business OR you reconsider your arrogant ways.

vitalbusiness, May 9, 2008 IP
  2. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. A company that has just started out is humble and caring. Once it grows big, its head grows bigger too. The rise and fall of the Roman Empire. e.g.

Bohol, May 9, 2008 IP
  3. Dude-Dastic

Dude-Dastic Member

Best Answers:
    Let the exodus begin!! :D

Dude-Dastic, May 10, 2008 IP
  4. gpearce

gpearce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Everyone blog about how sh*t ePN has become, and maybe they'll sort themselves out.

gpearce, May 10, 2008 IP
  5. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    I'm getting roughly the same earnings.

webwork, May 10, 2008 IP
  6. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    In the eBay world, we're all very very small fish.
    I've pulled my PPC ads, and have stopped promoting my EPN stores until they get their act together, but I certainly won't be leaving just yet.

Kerosene, May 10, 2008 IP
  7. tlbuckingham

tlbuckingham Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, this reminds me of the "Let's not buy gas for day":D

tlbuckingham, May 10, 2008 IP
  8. adnewbie

adnewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    What are they doing? Have they reduced amounts paid out?

adnewbie, May 10, 2008 IP
  9. farfig89

farfig89 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have pulled mine. I switched back to adsense and am running CPM pop-unders through Viralytics Media. Making more money now.

farfig89, May 10, 2008 IP
  10. hanji

hanji Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. I do agree that blogging about it would be a good idea to possibly 'speed' things up I guess.. not sure. I do feel confident that they'll discover something and start adding 'make goods'. I have to say that May is looking almost normal to me. April was a disaster, but May is not bad. I even received a ACRU today.. first one since 4/1 at ePN.

hanji

hanji, May 10, 2008 IP
  11. potentmix

potentmix Peon

Best Answers:
    If it makes you feel good dump 'em. You'll be replaced in a matter of seconds by someone else. Ho Hum....

potentmix, May 10, 2008 IP
  12. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Completely agree. We're small fish, no, we're still eggs, no we're still the gleam in the eye of the male fish looking at the female. Unless all of you guys are making six figure income with EPN, that may have an impact, but for the rest of us, we'll just lose what little we're making. But I do like the negative blogging campaign. Lets make what we can and still complain, maybe that'll help.

Lets start by SNiiTCHing on them (shameless plug).

mcmuney, May 10, 2008 IP
  13. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    While I agree that I wish I was making more money from EPN this month -I don't know why it is so slow. My removal will not make eBay change.

I suspect eBay will be improving this system now that it is in house. Remember all the old complaints aimed at CJ about the eBay affiliate program. Not much changes... I guess I am really suggesting a little bit of patience and to use this time to concentrate on your other online revenue streams.

Aldouspi, May 10, 2008 IP
  14. bridanp

bridanp Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't want to be sarcastic, but for everybody that leaves, that means that much less competition for those in the same niche. So for those of us that are having the same or even better earnings with EPN, I for one think it's great if everyone else wants to quit EPN.

bridanp, May 10, 2008 IP
  15. charter

charter Guest

Best Answers:
    I had just started eBay with CJ so I don't know what to expect with EPN. I have 131 clicks with zero sales. Anyone have an average of clicks to sales?

I agree with the "big business" comments. We can only hope that EPN is hurting themselves too and will change for improvement for all.

More on the big business front; eBay owns a chunk of Craigslist and they are now going to put the pressure on Craigslist to better monetize Craigslist. I think it is the beginning of the end of the greatness of Craigslist.

charter, May 10, 2008 IP
  16. geomark

geomark Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I made the switch over a month ago they have been reporting 1/3 the number of clicks that CJ was reporting, I have had no ACRUs, and made one sale for a total of $0.13 commission. My earnings through CJ were small, averaging 5 ACRUs a month and a couple hundred dollars in sales commissions. But through EPN they are virtually zero. Nothing wrong with my links - I'm using the EPN generated editor kit and my campaign id is correct. EPN's reporting is hosed. Too bad. Ebay was a great gig and I was hoping to grow it. No more.

geomark, May 10, 2008 IP
  17. Cash Nebula

Cash Nebula Peon

Best Answers:
    It's eerie how quiet the eBay staff are on the EPN forum. :confused: I would love to see what's going on in the BANS member forums. Everyone is always so nice and polite on EPN, it's like being in church. :D

Cash Nebula, May 11, 2008 IP
  18. Farmer77

Farmer77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Ebay is one of the greedier online companies out there these days. Really tacky that a company making so much money auctioning stuff would use banner ads and contextual ads on their own site. You would think nickel and diming the sellers and getting huge cuts with paypal would make them content.

But I don't agree about leaving EPN, because someone will always take your place.

Farmer77, May 12, 2008 IP
  19. beyondelectricdreams

beyondelectricdreams Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought we could use Commission Junction until May 30th? I'm getting really annoyed with EPN, one of my campaigns had 685 clicks and I only had one signup. If I compare that to my previous stats it doesn't make any sense...

I agree that leaving EPN will not have any effect, unless we can rally up a few thousand users. Hmm someone want to start a epnsucks.com website :)

beyondelectricdreams, May 12, 2008 IP
  20. bucks

bucks Member

Best Answers:
    I moved a couple of links back to CJ two days ago and they have already started making me money.... something very strange going one but i agree, unless thousands of affiliates leave ePN then it will make no difference to eBay.

bucks, May 12, 2008 IP