1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

less number of impression on more than 200 visitors

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by sanakhan, Nov 13, 2011.

Hi,
    I recently placed Google Ads on two of my blogs and noticed that the number of per day impressions displayed in the accounts aren't accurate since I am getting 200 plus visitors on each blog. Whenever i check my account impression counts as 20-40 (of both sites), whilst my visitors' statistics seems to be negating the count. Could anyone tell what the reason may be? I am confused with the ads too. I placed ads using Whydowork wordpress plugin and somewhere i read that using plugin isn't a shrewd idea, because adsense revenue and impressions get shared between the blog owner and the plugin creator. is this true?

sanakhan, Nov 13, 2011 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    when adsense doesn't have ads to display, it doesn't show an ad impression..

Also, if your 200 visitors come from pakistan or some non western country, be prepare to change that or be done with adsense.

JamesColin, Nov 14, 2011 IP
  3. artunio

artunio Banned

Best Answers:
    some times if no ad available for ur site, adsense show PSA ad.

artunio, Nov 29, 2011 IP
  4. alfredfreud

alfredfreud Peon

Best Answers:
    i hope you are not getting mobile traffic. thanx

alfredfreud, Feb 25, 2012 IP
  5. PhoenixDragon

PhoenixDragon Peon

Best Answers:
    The location of your audience matters just as much as keywords in your posts. If there are no ads available, Adsense will display PSA (public Service Ads) which give you no benefits. Consider using content which may appeal to a westerner or the larger asian economies - India/China/HK. Edit: Assuming you are not from one of these economies.

Edit: If the writer of the plugin were to take a cut of your revenues, this can be verified from within adsense. Check under Account settings -> 3rd party access. If you see a third party on that list and the host's share column has anything upward a 0%, you know you're in trouble.

PhoenixDragon, Apr 22, 2012 IP