1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Legal stuff when starting a store - is my idea correct?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by newn, Aug 11, 2015.

Let's say you would not have a physical store location, you would only sell products online. Unique products, not reselling, but also massive sales, not crafts (you'd buy for example 1000 pieces from a factory).

I also know a person who works at a factory who offered to make the items for me if I can sell them. So here is how it can work, now the question is - is there any problems with this?

1. I pay the friend for the work (materials, time, etc.), he makes the items for me. I can use something like Paypal or Western Union for it as he's from another country that isn't European (I'm from a European country though, if that matters).
    2. He ships a big box of stuff he made in his factory to my door, I sign the mailman's paper and put it in my basement.
    3. I list the items on a website that I will create (using eCommerce software, listing taxes, shipping prices, return policy, terms, etc., etc.).
    4. When I get an order, I wrap it up in a box or an envelope, take the package, glue on the printed address of the recipient and my own address, take it to the postal office, pay for them to ship it.

Since I will list the taxes in the price, there is no taxation, and since I won't be making more than a few hundred dollars a month at most, I don't need to register it as a company or something like that - it can simply be a website with some sort of a "brand name" that isn't already used and registered by someone else (e.g. John's Soap). It's not really even a brand name, it's just a name and the product in this case. But anyway, you get the idea... Is there something I should change, I have missed, I should consider or I should know? Also, it's very unlikely that it will be more than 1000 or 2000 pieces in the end, as it's not a super-demanded item, and I don't have much of social media to promote it to. It may sound funny to some of you, but to me it's extra money, maybe even monthly rent.

newn, Aug 11, 2015 IP