1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Legacy itrader

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DomainMagnate, Mar 6, 2015.

I had like 100 feedbacks on the old itrader, are they all gone?
    Can't see any mention of it in my profile now. thanks

DomainMagnate, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    digitalpoint, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  3. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    But most of my deals here were done through escrow, or if it's paypal it's all done privately, so there are no feedbacks to give with the new system.
    Why would you remove all the old feedbacks? You could integrate them, or at least keep a mention of them on the profile, like there is a mention of the old username on profiles, if it was changed.

DomainMagnate, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It was discussed on the old threads... Basically there was zero way to validate that a transaction even really happened with iTrader so it was unreliable by any measure.

digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2015 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  5. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    But the transactions were all connected to specific threads. If someone was adding many fake itraders it'd be very easy to see and prevent.
    The current system has some major issues. It's basically only good for people that make a lot of small transactions and only via paypal.
    What's even worse is that, for example, I somehow have negative feedbacks in the current system because I pay the seller through other means than paypal and the system has no way fix that. I don't think I'm the only one with that problem?

DomainMagnate, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If the seller is selling something here with Instant Pay, they basically are saying they accept PayPal. If they tell you they want you to pay some other way after they have created something to sell via PayPal, just refuse to buy it or tell them to change it how they accept payment.

Either way, the old system isn't coming back... it was discussed to death almost half a decade ago already. There's no way to know if a transaction actually happened regardless if it's tied to a thread or not under the old system.

It's not just for small transactions, it can handle any amount that the seller's PayPal account will accept ($10,000 on a single transaction by default for PayPal accounts I believe, which the seller can have raised if they want).

How many other real marketplaces do you know of that allow users to leave transaction feedback for transactions that didn't take place on their site? Like I wouldn't expect Amazon or eBay to allow users to leave arbitrary good/bad feedback for sellers when they have no record of the person even buying anything on their end.

Imagine if you were making the same argument to eBay... "But I want feedback to show on my eBay account for transactions that I did outside of your site... Please let me do that. If they didn't really happen it would be easy for you to see and prevent." :)

digitalpoint, Mar 7, 2015 IP
  7. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    But that's not correct. The transactions are initiated and do take place on DP, only the payment methods differ. It wouldn't matter to flippa if you decided to pay for a site in gold bars, as long as both buyer and seller notify flippa that the transaction completed and fees are paid.

DomainMagnate, Mar 9, 2015 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They are able to track it because they collect a percentage of the transaction. I suppose we could track off-site transaction by collecting a percentage of it as well.

digitalpoint, Mar 9, 2015 IP