1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Leaving GoDaddy. What is the best & cheapest registrar?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Angelpie, Jan 30, 2014.

1. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domain is registered for a year at least, which means this plan should be paid not monthly, but $4x12= $58 (domain costs $10 or less) - useless. Their speed cannot be more than 10Gbit, and for shared hosting it is most likely 100 Mbit. Lies, lies, lies.

H0stZealot, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  2. SuperiorWD

SuperiorWD Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using Namecheap and am a very happy camper with them. Don't know if they're cheaper or not, I don't care since I have few domains anyway, but I like the way their user panel looks and how nice it is to use.

SuperiorWD, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  3. Abeetya

Abeetya Active Member

Best Answers:
    I use Godaddy and use their discount coupon

Abeetya, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  4. N.Patel

N.Patel Member

Best Answers:
    Once again Hostzealot, you are wrong. Your math is useless and I'm sick of you attacking my posts.

$4x12 - $48 per year
    .COM Domain costs $12.97 per year
    Total price for 1 year of hosting + free domain = $35

Sounds like an awesome deal to me, and customers love it!

N.Patel, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  5. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Register at Indian companies like Bigrock.in they have great offers on transfers

sumdor, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  6. catmmo

catmmo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you need best renew domain price, you can choose Namesilo or InternetBS. Or you can transfer to another domain provider with transfer coupon. :)

catmmo, Apr 28, 2014 IP
  7. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was not attacking your posts, I just commented that there were some incorrect statements there.
    $4x12 =48 of course, my $58 stands for + .com domain, which costs $10 or less (it cannot cost $12.97, Verisign charges much less for it as I know. the rest is Registrar's margin)

quote from a reputable source from 2012 (correct me if I am wrong)
    Verisign’s current pricing of $7.85 per domain name registration will continue for the six-year term of the Agreement. Second, Verisign no longer has the right to four price increases of up to seven percent over the six-year term. - so your statement was wrong.

"Blazing fast speed" is a nice metaphor but how fast it really is? I had to assume 100 Mbit, 1Gbit max for shared hosting - giving more is a waste of resources - another incorrect statement. It would work for dedicated server or cloud hosting, not for shared one.

Free domain would cost $0 to a customer, you just included the price into a hosting package - yet another unthruthful statement. Most of hosting companies do this, which means we all lie to our customers, alas. They want something free, so we give them 1 item free and upsell another one to cover our expenses. Whatever helps to sell - works well.

3 statements - 3 lies. that was the conclusion of my post.

H0stZealot, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  8. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yet their "good rates" are 1.5 higher than Godaddy or Namecheap fees. The thing that really matters is renewal price & transfer out policy.

H0stZealot, Apr 30, 2014 IP