1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Leaving GoDaddy. What is the best & cheapest registrar?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Angelpie, Jan 30, 2014.

1. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All registrar are good. Security is major issue. Few months ago name.com database leaked.Try to get good webhosting becuase most of the webhosting company offer free domain with their packages. If i remember , mybb(forum software company) domain get hacked and the registrar is namecheap. My final statement , forgot cheap,best and go for best security.

humtuma, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  2. smaluioa

smaluioa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AxisLayer.com the best place so far. with best support service

smaluioa, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  3. Srikanta Das

Srikanta Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use Crazydomains they provide cheap & good Service

Srikanta Das, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  4. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    namecheap, no doubt :)

Boardwalk, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  5. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using Name.com for years, just under $10 per year for .com and free private whois.

RobinInTexas, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  6. rubelbd4

rubelbd4 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can try also resell.biz

rubelbd4, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  7. teafaery

teafaery Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can be considered China's domain name service provider, as long as 39 yuan, the equivalent of $ 6.4

Attached Files:

teafaery, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  8. Ashish Paul

Ashish Paul Member

Best Answers:
    well if you are indian use crazydomains.in there rates are too cheap :) also you can try bigrock

Ashish Paul, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  9. Crak_Eric

Crak_Eric Active Member

Best Answers:
    Register4less is a great choice, as they offer free WHOIS protection

Crak_Eric, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  10. convert

convert Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have over 50 domain, Namecheap does offer bulk rates.

convert, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  11. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend going back to godaddy ;) . I'll take discount coupons over free private registration any day!!

sweetpea69, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  12. Angelpie

Angelpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I went with NameCheap, but I had to wait because of money missed the $5.99 special. I got them for $7.99, but the customer service was superb. I had someone on chat the whole time, telling me what to do. Names were transferred over in less than 24 hours.
    to
    They always have some kind of special going, so just look for "Namecheap coupons" and you can find the cheapest ones. Their site said $8.49 for a transfer, but I got it cheaper by using the byebyegd code. They love helping people leave GoDaddy, evidently, and work hard to please them. The reason I left GoDaddy was because of that hacking incident, and because I read an article that said your credit card type and last 4 digits were right there in your dashboard for anyone who hacked in to see. They've changed that now after someone wrote an article about it, and I guess a bunch of people called them out on it. Plus, THEY LIE. Their site says one thing about renewals and the ABSURD $80.00 late renewal fee, but their threatening letters say another. They used to be awesome and gave you up to a month before they actually parked your site, but no more. It's parked after 5 days and then after day 11, you have to pay the $80.00 fee. They must really be desperate for money to do this, but it's probably cost them more than they've made from it.

I'm going with HostGator for hosting right now, because it's cheap and I've heard good things about it and also Dreamhost. Anyone got anything bad to say about them?

Angelpie, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  13. Jeremy Moncur

Jeremy Moncur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    it's not the cheapest but cheapest may not be the best way to go for these things...anyway, I'd recommend looking at bluehost. Excellent customers service and a clean, easy to user cpanel interface.

Jeremy Moncur, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  14. Crispin O.

Crispin O. Peon

Best Answers:
    try https://www.namecheap.com/ is better and cheaper then godaddy, I also move to it long time ago

Crispin O., Mar 2, 2014 IP
  15. Angelpie

Angelpie Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've also heard good things about BlueHost. I'll check them out. I don't want to get on a host, then have to move quickly, so a slightly higher price is not an issue.

Angelpie, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  16. Brian Keps

Brian Keps Peon

Best Answers:
    namecheap.com has been great so far.

Brian Keps, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  17. ummi

ummi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is best for heacy content. here check more http://letsblogging.com/best-10-web-hosting-companies/

ummi, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  18. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap are eNom's reseller, however their customer support is 5 times better than their upstream provider's one.

There really are only 2 big players on the market - NC and Godaddy. You decide to leave godaddy - good for you, grats. Why choosing anything but NC then? Why dealing with the rest if you can deal with the best! BTW, according to ICANN policy you will have to wait 60 days before next transfer, so the issue should be resolved for now, I guess.

- unfortunately, majority of experienced domainers prefer avoiding Godaddy for good. It is the biggest registrar worldwide, but definitely not the best. Their support is crappy, their emails are annoying and their renewal policy is frustrating. They are still number 1 more likely due to fat payroll to Google monthly than due to real quality of their service.

H0stZealot, Apr 24, 2014 IP
  19. gigalicious

gigalicious Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Namecheap was an enom reseller, but i do remember they applied for their own accreditation
    In fact i locate them as accredited registrar from 2009
    http://www.icann.org/registrar-reports/accredited-list.html

But i believe they outsource support to Russia and their female support is hands down the sexiest female i know so far :)

gigalicious, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  20. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    They are ICANN accredited indeed, yet they still are eNom reseller, which can be easily tracked via WHOIS or any of their supporter can confirm this.

Their support girls are really witty and pretty, you are absolutely right. Always patient, cheerful and attentive, trying to resolve issues asap or providing detailed explanations why they can't. Not sure about sexy, their photos are pretty, but they refuse to discuss personal matters.

However, I was chatting with Andrew, Konstantin, Dmitriy, Alexey and other guys several times, so they have not only female supporters. They decline being located in Russia, though. As a matter of fact their response seems canned and goes like: "We have several support centers throughout the world, the one you contacted is situated in Eastern Europe". I think, Ukraine, as they have a decent IT industry there, much better and much more qualified than Indian or Polish, maybe even better than some European countries can offer. However, serious issues are escalated to Mary, Matt, Alex Sanches, Nataly, Mitch and other guys, so I think they do have American support too.

H0stZealot, Apr 27, 2014 IP