1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

leaving COOP now, not good, but have to

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by visioninfotech, May 24, 2006.

1. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have pondered that on a few occasions. And I am certain all three would object. However the whole concept can be spun in the other direction as well. They spider and display our content, cache the pages and profit from it. Only difference is that we need them more than they need us. At least when dealing "mono au mono". I like the concept though. Add in a few other sources. Call it general research. Better yet outsource it.

livingearth, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds like you're spreading an infectious disease. I'm not sure what you're trying to say there - did you mean "mano a mano"?

minstrel, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  3. Dekker

Dekker Peon

Best Answers:
    lol oops. wait isn't that spanish?!?!? KILL HIM HE"S AN ILLEGAL IMMIGRTANTana!!

Dekker, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  4. SportsOutlaw

SportsOutlaw Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just check out their forums, same concerns going on over there, so i would imagine you won't be getting any better results.

SportsOutlaw, Jun 3, 2006 IP
  5. E Doc Tong

E Doc Tong Peon

Best Answers:
    Fryman never fails to demonstate what a prize pillock he is.
    He consistantly shows that he doesn't understand what's going on.
    Unfortunately, he doesn't realize this, and continues to do so on a daily basis.
    It's not difficult to show examples - but I'm still glad you did - too funny :)

Same problem over at LV forum, where he posts the same sort of nonsense,
    giving his standard *yawn* - response and calling everyone 'newbies' -
    (rather ironic given his lack of knowledge)

Most of the time this is because he simply doesn't understand the subject.
    He's clearly not technical (most of this stuff goes straight over his head)
    so he feels he has to compensate by chirping in with *yawn* comments
    when everyone else is having a (relatively) sensible discussion.
    All this does is further demostrate that he hasn't got a clue.

Pretty rich coming from the king of pointless 1 line responses.

I'm surprised he hasn't busted out the standard response:
    - "you know where the door is" -
    to people saying they are considering leaving the co-op because of the recent problems.

Fryman: ever heard this saying?
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you're an idiot,
    rather than open it and prove to everyone that you are indeed one."

E Doc Tong, Jun 4, 2006 IP
    MattUK and minstrel like this.
  6. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    LOL...E Doc, that's a funny post :). Sorry if you didn't intend it that way.

Indeed the same conversations are going on at LV. My conclusion is that the axe has fallen on link schemes. Googs, Matt and Big daddy have decided to get aggresive, for better or worst. I personally see their current state as a monster out of control. On the other hand with the overall growth online come many questionable and deceptive tactics, BHters, etc. So Google has no choice but to try and sort out the good from the bad. I agree with that. Unfortunately no mousetrap is that good, bhters, spammers, folks from the darkside just take it to a new level. In fact, with the current state of Google serps (for me) I can honestly see why folks may jump from white to black. BTW 'blackhat' is a term that google themselves coined.

Moving along, my advice is NOT to rely on Google for anything. It's nice when your riding a top ten ranking wave under a competetive term, but trust me, that won't last forever. I have experienced this countless times. So we need to find other methods that DON'T include google when we market ourselves. There are plently of other options for us out there, we just need to tap into them! I am not saying ignore Google, but I am saying increase your peripheral vision.

I believe Google has found a way to detect link scemes like DP and LV. Lv, for example, many (most) webmasters have more vaultage than they know what to do with. No one wants to rent it anymore. Most are being very cautious with the amount of links they release in a day. I have no doubt Google's on it, but there are many probelms with there aggression. For example I strongly believe (already tested 1 instance) indeed you can link burst a competitor out of Google serps. In Googles TOS they recently changed the wording from "There is nothing anyone else can do to affect your rankings" to "There is almost nothing anyone else can do to affect your rankings". Again this is a fine line for Google. (The wording may be slightly different, I'm going by memory and can't find the TOS page now, but that's the nuts of it?)

In Sept 2006 (Jagger1) my empire crumbled. 5 Years of top 10 ranking GONE!! Not deindexed, just completely removed from SERPS. From that point forward I knew that I needed to find other means to generate traffic. My sites have always offered a value packed product. Because Google decided to remove that from thier SERPS is something we can't control. However we can formulate a plan of attack designed to continue to offer your great products to the shopping populous on the web. This is what I have been learning and it's working. Maybe not the traffic I used to get my the mighty G, but at least I don't feel like a breast feeding infant anymore ;).

Cheers,

H

Homer, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I agree. I'm not sure it's yet complete but I do think it's in progress and has been for a while now.

Actually, Homer, that line always said "almost", if I'm not mistaken.

minstrel, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Hi Minstrel, I actually read that on the infamous McDar thread a few months ago. If you go to the thread, I believe in the last page there's a link that explains this ( I tried to find it but I've always had trouble digging at DP :eek:).

The author links to his experiment page, where you can read his account of a Google problem. He also states that this "ALMOST" was recently added. I can't say first handed, but it really doesn't matter. I thought I'd test the theory on 1 of my own domains and cranked up the ibl's 3 months ago. The site lasted about 2 weeks, then google banned it (still). I decided to keep the links piling because MSN and Yahoo seemed really stimulated. To date Google maintains a complete ban while MSN and Yahoo continue to increase traffic. Mind you this is only 1 instance and my own domain. IMO, from this test, I believe this is reality. I haven't further tested it because I'm convinced. I am not the type to actually execute this on a competitor but I believe there are people that would. The risk you run is actually helping, but once you cross the threshold (different for each site) I am confident you will see Google drop it like a hot potatoe.

To me, that ALONE is seriously flawed.

H

Homer, Jun 4, 2006 IP
  9. visioninfotech

visioninfotech Banned

Best Answers:
    did the very tricky job to remove the COOP ads from 25 websites and 4 VB forums

Now, trying Link Vault. Lets see what will the vaultage there.

visioninfotech, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  10. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why not base the weight of coop on number of page impressions or page loads instead of pages indexed by ST.... google?
    When it's for displaying ads, then page impressions must be considered...(And there can be time frame to prevent webmasters refreshing their own pages to increase coop weight)
    That's just what I think.

JEET, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  11. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll keep watching the forums but as of now i'm removing all the ads and finding a quiet corner to cry in... somewhere in Googles basement..

Design1, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  12. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    You guys crack me up. And they call women drama queens....:D

ViciousSummer, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  13. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    hehehehe

[​IMG]

LaCabra, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  14. SIK

SIK Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just want to say that my weight almost doubled.

Yesterday I had 8, now I have 15! :) :) :)

SIK, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  15. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    When your sites commit group suicide, it's time to make changes in a positive manner.. and right now, all the love and support i can give to my sites isn't enough.. in some cases, dramatic steps are necessary.

Design1, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I agree. I vote we bitch slap Pirate Matt Cutts, hang him from the yard arm, and then keel-haul the barnacle-busting bastard at dawn.

minstrel, Jun 8, 2006 IP
    Mia likes this.
  17. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been thinking the same since Jagger (kidding?). All my sites took a hit, I just let most of the domains expire and have pretty much started over. I posted quite a while ago my problems with the coop... mainly that a site serving the ads, at least for me inevitably gets hit. So either you keep building sites to run the ads or realize there's better ways to build links.

iconrate, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  18. Design1

Design1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just really don't feel this is violent enough to him or the rest of Google...
    I've already ripped all my hair out in frusteration... now I've moved on to my dog..... former lap warmer.. hmm...

Design1, Jun 8, 2006 IP
  19. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    If I had the abillty to rate this post I would, but it seems that the "rate" button is gone. Adding to that whilst he is hanging by one arm plug his brain into the www and pump it full of every link on the net, followed up by every SEO company explaining their theories to him. At the same time a response from him will not be accepted, he must listen :D.

Cheers,

H

Homer, Jun 17, 2006 IP
  20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    No. It's the little "scales" upper right of a post.

minstrel, Jun 17, 2006 IP
    elkiwi and Homer like this.