1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

leaving COOP now, not good, but have to

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by visioninfotech, May 24, 2006.

i think its time to remove the code from our sites as the weight has dropped from 120 K to just 900

what are views of others. Earlier the weight used to be back to same levels in a day or two, but this time it is not so.

maybe there are very less pages of site as per API, but it seems no more profitable to keep those on pages

it was really nice being on COOP and have a good amount of weight to advertise new websites

visioninfotech, May 24, 2006 IP
  2. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    What is your site(s)?

ViciousSummer, May 24, 2006 IP
  3. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a problem with the site: command and google are trying to fix it. This has caused lots of sites to 'lose' their pages. Maybe yours is one of them?

mad4, May 24, 2006 IP
  4. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe it's time to look at giving weight based on the pages indexed in all three big search engines. The Google API just isn't stable enough.

MattUK, May 24, 2006 IP
  5. OnSEO

OnSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    I have left too.. I had 30 sites in COOP. Funny thing is that 4 of the sites that I had a large amount of weight point at now appear banned. These sites ranked very high for terms with 10,000,00+ results. When the COOP weight fell, those site got lost in cyberspace.

I know that google is used to determine weight, but it is evidently not working. With such a large following in the COOP, I think it is time to do something about it. (Shawn?)

OnSEO, May 24, 2006 IP
  6. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can Shawn fix Google? Maybe he can sell the COOP to Google and all our problems will be gone forever!!!

BlueDevilMedia, May 24, 2006 IP
  7. OnSEO

OnSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Code Much?:D:rolleyes:

I didn't say Shawn needs to fix Google. I said he needs to fix the COOP. As others have said, there are other ways to determine a sites value.

Hmm Like Maybe

"number" pages in MSN x "PageRank = COOP Weight
    "number" pages in Yahoo x "PageRank = COOP Weight
    "number" pages in MSN + "number" pages in Yahoo x "PageRank / "2" = COOP Weight

Im sure there are even better ways to determine weight.

OnSEO, May 24, 2006 IP
  8. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    My site went from 17,000 pages indexed to 150,000 when I switched to vbulletin last month.

My weight went to 40,000, and is now at 500 with still over 125,000 pages indexed.

My impressions are in the crapper too...if everyone is in teh crapper, why are impressions still low?

AfterHim.com, May 24, 2006 IP
  9. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be too soon to do this tho. Google have accepted having issues with the site: command and sites having hyphens in their domains. On the other hand Yahoo search results should have some impact on the DP Co-Op weight. Should be something like Google + Yahoo + the PR

Indian, May 24, 2006 IP
  10. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to make the thing stable would be to take an average of the pages in MSN, Yahoo and Google and use this figure as a true reading of the pages for each site.

(MSN + Yahoo + Google)/3 = Total Pages

mad4, May 24, 2006 IP
  11. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds good to me, I'd be more than happy with that.

MattUK, May 24, 2006 IP
  12. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to make the thing stable would be to take an average of the pages in MSN, Yahoo and Google and use this figure as a true reading of the pages for each site.

(MSN + Yahoo + Google)/3 = Total Pages

Edit: crappy ajax double posting!

mad4, May 24, 2006 IP
  13. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, perhaps an average would be good...

Or the ability to bank un-needed weight in such a way that it can be used later. For example, if I have 100 in weight, I can use 50 and bank 50 each month. If my current weight drops below 50, the system automatcally dips into my bank to keep exposure fairly even.

My concern is that my weight, which just went from pretty high to 0, will look to google (and other search engines) like a sudden lose of backlinks and will hurt my serp ranking.... or when the weight returns - and all of a sudden the backlinks increase dramatically, I'll get a google penalty. The big ups and downs in exposure are not good.

Christopher, May 24, 2006 IP
  14. visioninfotech

visioninfotech Banned

Best Answers:

i agree to this, there are other engines as well which should also be considered and not just Google.

Also, many people have a view that COOP helps better in yahoo and MSN compared to G, so why not include them in counting weight

i wont believe in Average of three engines.

Cause, i have seen that Yahoo and MSN have very less pages in index compared to what G shows for most of my websites

visioninfotech, May 24, 2006 IP
  15. SEO Jeff

SEO Jeff Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo shows more pages indexed for me then Google does since Google is so messed up. So I also think Yahoo atleast should be counted towards weight.

SEO Jeff, May 24, 2006 IP
  16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I kinda wondered about this. I am not sure that is it though. I have sites with 15k indexed that have a weight of 300 and sights with 50 pages or less that have 3000 in weight. Something is up. I have no idea what it is, but I am considering dropping it now as a result as the big up/down has caused some serious problems.

There really needs to be a raw weight setting, instead of a percentage of the whole. I am not really sure it is the links themselves as much as it is the flat out inconsistency of the level of links pointing at a given site. If I saw 1000 links pointing a site one week, and 2 the next, I think I would be suspect too.

Mia, May 24, 2006 IP
  17. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I also have taken a hit. I lost maybe 50% of coop weight that I used to have.

But I am going to stick it out since I know it will be fixed soon! :)

Also I am too lazy to go remove the code from all the sites.

aaron_nimocks, May 24, 2006 IP
  18. SIK

SIK Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My sites weights are reduced to one digit numbers, biggest has 8 weight :(

SIK, May 24, 2006 IP
  19. Dogmatic

Dogmatic Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is really sad. I have a huge PR6 site with 162,000 pages indexed by google and my coop dropped from 50K to 123. What kind of a site drops to just 123. Truly mind-boggling.

Coop is really having problems. I think it is time Yahoo and MSN to be given some consideration maybe 20(msn), 30(yahoo), 60(google) .

Dogmatic, May 25, 2006 IP
  20. OnSEO

OnSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Ouch. I though my 80,000 pages to 177 was bad. Has anyone heard a peep out of Shawn about this, or are will still bring ignored?

OnSEO, May 25, 2006 IP