1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

learning outdated java?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by justin8831, Aug 20, 2015.

Learning java from YouTube and eclipse tells me what I'm trying to do is outdated so now what ?

Solved! View solution.
    justin8831, Aug 20, 2015 IP
    Java is not really outdated... but it is not my favorite languages and it has its drawbacks. Pros being it can run on any platform.

Can you be more specific about what is outdated? If you want to get into android you might want to search for guides with android studio.

If you are finding old videos you could try adding 2014 or 2015 to your search to get more recent videos

Anveto, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  3. justin8831

justin8831 Member

Best Answers:

I was watching java for beginners ... I was doing the ifs (x ==y) and eclipse was telling me it was outdated its hard to find new learning materials on YouTube I also inboxed you

4. Anveto

Anveto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if (x==y) is never going to be outdated... Well at least not anytime soon

You are probably doing something wrong or you are using deprecated function. You can use deprecated functions while learning but you should avoid them for real applications. Usually if you google the function name you will find detailed explanations on what new functions or workarounds will help you do the same thing.

Anveto, Aug 20, 2015 IP
  5. justin8831

justin8831 Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you .... So do you know how to develop a andriod app?

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Go to buzztouch - lots of help there and they set up the basics of your app for you.

sarahk, Aug 20, 2015 IP