1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Learning Flash MX

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by photo heather, Sep 2, 2004.

I am a photographer trying to teach myself flash in order to build my commercial portfolio website. Does anyone know of a good animated tutorial? I would like to find something like an online move that shows the process step by step.
    Thanks!
    Heather

photo heather, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  2. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Heather... Try http://www.Flashkit.com/tutorials

You can also use the site's search to look for something specific. There's quite a bit of advertising on the site, but hey - what do you want for free tutorials with step by step instructions.

Have fun and let me know when you put something together.. I would love to see what you come up with.

TopSpin, Sep 2, 2004 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    I very much dislike flashkit do to the horrific amount of ads they put on their site. www.actionscripts.org is better.

TwisterMc, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  4. TopSpin

TopSpin Peon

Best Answers:
    TopSpin, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  5. photo heather

photo heather Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tutorial websites, I actually did one last night and it was really helpful. I am actually looking for how to do something specific. Maybe someone knows what the technique is called. I know there are probably 1000 ways to do something in this program, but the website I want to learn how to do is www.katepowers.com. It's just so straight-forward and visually appealing. Maybe someone could point me in the right direction as far as what skills I should be aquiring in order to accomplish something like this?

Heather

photo heather, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  6. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    www.katepowers.com is a combination of basic rollovers, mouse follow, and then some script that loads the image that corresponds with the box clicked via a variable. (or one movie clip with all the images and on release it just does a gotoAndPlay a frame) All images appear to be internal as it take a wile to load on a t1 connection. Not to complex at first glance, but yet then again, flash is very complex for beginners. :D

TwisterMc, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  7. photo heather

photo heather Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much, now I at least have specific topics to look up. I might see if I could accomplish something like this in dreamweaver but I would really like to do it in Flash so I can understand the program more.

If I figure it all out, I will post the link in this thread!

Heather

photo heather, Sep 3, 2004 IP
  8. ponyo22

ponyo22 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use joomla, it does it for you.

ponyo22, Mar 6, 2011 IP