1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laying new sod

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Aug 25, 2015.

If you live in FL you know that sod here can be hit or miss. This one looks really good.

Waiting for the crew to arrive.

038.jpg

Will update once the job is done.

qwikad.com, Aug 25, 2015 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Done and done. Looks amazing.

041.jpg

qwikad.com, Aug 25, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Somehow, I missed this thread. :)

How about an update shot a week later? Doesn't it all turn brown after you put it in and then has to recover? Or is that only my impression because my neighbors aren't doing it right?

jrbiz, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    No, it hasn't turned brown. We water it twice a day. Starting today it's going to be once a day. Then you let it grow for at least 3 weeks. Then you can mow it. In our case it will be a forest by that time. Grows really fast!

Taken 5 minutes ago. Just turned the water on.

019.jpg

qwikad.com, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Looks really good. Are you expecting a lot of rain from Erika? It might help or it might hurt, I suppose.

jrbiz, Sep 1, 2015 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    It's already helping. Somehow we're not getting much of it today, but did have some nice downpours the last couple days. If I understand it it's been downgraded to just a bunch of rain by the time it reaches us.

By the way, it is paramount to put Milorganite soon after the sod is put in. At least it's the case for Bahaia grass. Maybe it's not required up north. Your neighbors need to fertilize and water it systematically. Just watering isn't enough for a new sod. It's really beneficial for the new grass to be treated by professionals at least once every six month as well.

qwikad.com, Sep 1, 2015 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Our housing development was built over an old dairy farm (big one.) So we have unusual soil. You cannot imagine some of the weird (and scary) mushrooms we get regularly. Anyway, we also have a very active underground spring that erodes everything, including the soil from underneath, it seems. So, we have problems with ph levels, moss, really nasty weeds, etc.

Fortunately, I am not fussed (like a couple of my neighbors are )about the lawn. My landscaping benchmark is that as long as the neighbors are not rallying against me with pitchforks and torches, all is well. :)

jrbiz, Sep 1, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.