1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Launched website 2 months ago

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Four The Home, Jan 26, 2017.

hi, I recently launched my website www.fourthehome.com
    and I'm having a hard time getting sales. Any tips on how to improve my site?
    Or any advice on what I can do to get more traffic?

Thank you

Four The Home, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The site looks great. Personally, I wouldn't suggest improving anything. The obvious question would be are you on Etsy and Ebay? They have traffic.

You need to increase your social media presence. I checked your Twitter account https://twitter.com/fourthehome and with 640+ followers you're not getting enough exposure. Spend time growing your Twitter following. Same goes for your FB account.

I don't know if you've tried http://www.backpage.com/ but they do have a fairly decent buy / sell / trade category.

qwikad.com, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  3. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, the most obvious thing is to continue promoting the site. Making a more targeted promotion helps, and that would mean knowing who your audience are as well as knowing your products. Once you have been able to do that, you can make a more effective campaign that has the specific target audience in mind.

Milliardo, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  4. Cathey Horsfall

Cathey Horsfall Peon

Best Answers:
    As Milliardo and Qwikad say above, focus on your social media presence and look at active promotion of your site to very specific audiences. I personally would look at Pinterest. Home products do very well on there as people use Pinterest to build mood boards for their decorating projects. I have used it extensively in my redecorating projects!

Etsy and eBay - can be very good as the traffic is ready made for you. Etsy is niche enough potentially to drive traffic towards your products which themselves are quite niche.

One way of making it easy to list your products on your website and also on a marketplace like Etsy would be to use Expandly - it is a simple listings / orders management tool that allows you to centrally manage your web shop and marketplace listings, inventory and orders.

Cathey Horsfall, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  5. partnerdig

partnerdig Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe the website design is great. You need a logo and a favicon for your business.

partnerdig, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  6. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is pretty nice but I would submit that the image slider is the wrong AR or dimensions. There is also nothing really "call to actiony" there. I would have liked to see the hover thing at the very top that pops up on scroll to go away when I scrolled back up as well.

This certainly needs to get resolved.... https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.fourthehome.com/7VY6rsTE

It has a few things to sort but its pretty nice for the demographic.

Nigel Lew, Jan 30, 2017 IP