1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Last Modified Header and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by NewComputer, Nov 15, 2004.

1. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    If google start using temporal link analasis, which im sure they will, there is a good possibility they will backdate the results.

darksat, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  2. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And if they do "backdate the results"? I'm not sure I follow your point...

Garcon? Plus de cafe, s'il vous plait!

minstrel, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  3. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Ton niveau de francais est tres bien, oh wait, canadian.

its best to be consistant with the ammount of backlinks being added and the freshness of on page content, just in case.

darksat, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  4. minstrel

Best Answers:
    But the freshness of backlinks and the freshness of on-page content are independent, n'est-ce pas?

For example, my main site is a basically "directory of resources" with some original articles. If I update the site, it might be to add new links to resources, new articles, or both. I don't see any need to be consistent, if by that you mean "don't add a link unless you also add some new content"...

I admit, I am under-coffeed this morning and it's been a long and very exhausting work week, but I'm not trying to be difficult here... just not following your point... :confused:

5. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    the general theory behind TLA (or one element)is that new links will normally be related to fresh content, I dont know are they going to go that far but im being carefull.

Ps carbohydrate powder with coffee is always good for mornings.

darksat, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  6. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To get a new LMH I think all you would need to do is what they call 'touch' the file. Shawn knows more about this I am sure. Basically, it returns a header update.

Check yours here

PS: Can we please speak english only... I mean, French 10 was hard as for me and would like to not continue to flashback ;)

NewComputer, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  7. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I see... well, since I don't add links that aren't thematically relevant and I don't do reciprocal linking for the sake of reciprocal linking, I'm not going to worry about it.

My apologies, NC... I'd switch to Latin but I think I had the 'flu that day so I missed the class... I might be able to reporduce some of what they used in the Roman graffitti wall scene from Life of Brian...

8. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    How can you set it up so that the LMH does reflect content updated in this manner?

ResaleBroker, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  9. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    well all you need to do is modify one file every 24 hours and your entire site will get a new LMH, I have to test it out, will let you know how I get on.

darksat, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  10. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm using PHP and it is my understanding that these pages, as they are currently set up, are not returning LMH information.

I'm sure I could place a code on the page to output a "Header" but then what about the content delivered by the "includes?"

ResaleBroker, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  11. Adult SEO

Adult SEO Peon

Best Answers:
    if there are 100 pages about content type X with date: 2002
    and there are 10 pages about content type X with good references with date 2006, these will be ranked first

Adult SEO, Aug 5, 2006 IP