1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tsanko, Aug 3, 2007.

I want to buy myself new laptop. I need it for Word, Internet and watching films. Can you suggest me something like Toshiba Satellite l30-10x? If you can`t I`ll buy this model :)
    SEMrush

tsanko, Aug 3, 2007 IP
    SEMrush
  2. bwtm77

bwtm77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you like Apple they seem cool I am bidding for one right now Apple Macs are great for media as well itunes movies etc etc I would suggest an Apple Mac notebook :)

bwtm77, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  3. Tomcat7194

Tomcat7194 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have an HP DV-6000, and it's a great computer. Nice keyboard, bright screen, plently of performance for Vista, and not too heavy. Only issue is some driver problems with the built in webcam.

Tom

Tomcat7194, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  4. tsanko

tsanko Peon

Best Answers:
    What would you say about this:

AS5613ZNWLMI, Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T2080 1.73GHz, Chipset Intel® 945GM integrated 3D graphics, featuring Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950, DDR II 512MB (1x512), 15.4" WXGA Acer CrystalBrite, 1280 x 800 pixel resol., 80GB SATA, DVD+RW SuperMulti (tray) load, no FDD, 5-in-1 card reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD), S-Video Out, 4 x USB 2.0 ports, PC Card slot (1x Type II); External display (VGA) port; Headphones/ speaker /line-out port; Microphone /line-in jack; (RJ-11) port; DC-in jack for AC adapter, Ethernet, 56K, 802.11b/g, 6-cell LiIon - 2.2-hour battery life, Acer QuicCharge™ technology: 80% charge in 1 hour, 2.89 kg, bootable Linux

tsanko, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  5. shaun12345

shaun12345 Banned

Best Answers:
    I would steer away from laptops fast at first then really slow a few months after useing then the whole crapy wireless conection can be an issue! But hey if you want to buy a lappy please feel to. If you are based in the uk and switch to orange via pc world you get a free one maybe you should take that offer up :)

shaun12345, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  6. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're not using it for games, you're at a big advantage from a cost perspective. An integrated graphics card will work for browsing the web, using office software, and playing movies. It costs less than a laptop with a dedicated card, and the drains less power from the battery.

I'm very happy with my Toshiba laptop. I went with a Core 2 Duo with 2GB of RAM (upgradeable to 4GB), but you should be fine with a Core Duo with 1GB of RAM. If you plan on using Vista (which I don't, by the way), you should probably opt for a 2GB model with a decent video card. I really don't recommend Vista to anyone right now. The hidden expenses are just too great.

davewashere, Aug 3, 2007 IP
  7. ClydeSatchell

ClydeSatchell Peon

Best Answers:
    Toshiba laptops are great, I use one now, and it does everything I want it to :)

ClydeSatchell, Aug 4, 2007 IP
  8. tsanko

tsanko Peon

Best Answers:
    What would you say about fujitsu siemens laptops? Now I see very good offer for Amilo Li1705 with CPU INTEL CORE DUO T2450 2.0 GHz, 2GB Ram and 160GD HDD.

tsanko, Aug 4, 2007 IP