1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

    Advertising (learn more)

    Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

    Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop Troubleshooting Question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wierdo, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. #1
    Hi all.

    I have a Compaq Presario 700 I'm working on for someone that overheats so bad that if I put my hand by the fan it just about burns it. The main part that's overheating is the area behind where the power cord plugs in. I turned it off (it froze actually, probably the heat), and took out the battery, which was surprisingly cool. I tried turning it on with the power cord unplugged (after putting the battery back), and it just sat there lifeless.

    I'm not so great with laptops, since I just don't spend much time with them, but I am guessing that the battery is dead, and the charging circuit keeps trying to charge the battery, ending up heating the computer way up.

    Does anyone know if this is what's going on?
    SEMrush
     
    wierdo, Jul 21, 2008 IP
    SEMrush
  2. deluxdon

    deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

    Messages:
    25,457
    Likes Received:
    1,938
    Best Answers:
    32
    Trophy Points:
    480
    #2
    Have you tried to contact your vendor about this issue :confused: He will guide you properly for sure.

    BTW i am also using my compaq laptop since last one and half year without having any problem. I am using cooling pad for my laptop (so no more heating problem).

    DON.
     
    deluxdon, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  3. wierdo

    wierdo Active Member

    Messages:
    1,646
    Likes Received:
    45
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    90
    #3
    I didn't buy the laptop. Think they would still give me support?

    I unplugged it and it turned off immediately, so I assume the battery is dead.
     
    wierdo, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  4. silveraden

    silveraden Banned

    Messages:
    3,833
    Likes Received:
    109
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    #4
    Your battery is dead and the power is bypassing your battery when it is plugged-in to power supply.. If you continue doing so, battery may explode.. replace battery..
     
    silveraden, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  5. deluxdon

    deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

    Messages:
    25,457
    Likes Received:
    1,938
    Best Answers:
    32
    Trophy Points:
    480
    #5
    Then replace your battery immediately otherwise maybe your battery explode.

    DON.
     
    deluxdon, Jul 21, 2008 IP
  6. wierdo

    wierdo Active Member

    Messages:
    1,646
    Likes Received:
    45
    Best Answers:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    90
    #6
    Thank you, will give rep to you both. :D
     
    wierdo, Jul 21, 2008 IP