1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop or Desktop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chinesegirl07, Sep 5, 2014.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I love having my two screens set up on my desktop and while I lose all that with my laptop the convenience is something else again. Just loving being able to take it away for the weekend and catch up on stuff and not be stranded. My ipad is great for things like dp but sometimes you just have to code!

sarahk, Sep 21, 2014 IP
  2. jasmeencress

jasmeencress Member

Best Answers:
    Desktops are better for most reasons. Better cooling and you can update most of the hardware when needed. Laptops are good for mobility. If you want a laptop, pick one that will last a long time and can easily upgrade.

jasmeencress, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  3. Annabel Bert

Annabel Bert Banned

Best Answers:
    laptop is best because we run it easily and pass away to anywhere

Annabel Bert, Oct 30, 2014 IP
  4. WaveInc

WaveInc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Depends on budged. You can get a faster PC for less money with desktops, while comparatively identicaly speced laptops are more expensive.
    One think you have to understand is that forum posting, multiple tabs etc. not only requires point&click (which you can do just as well with a mouse and an external keyboard to a laptop), it requires comfort. And laptop allows you comfort, allows you to feel more social, and even more healthy.

I would sugest you get a (used) laptop. It don't matter if it's been used for a bit, newer versions don't age badly. Plus, it wil save you a lot of money on tissue paper, comfort, health bills for prolonged sittings etc.

WaveInc, May 18, 2015 IP
  5. SocialSignals

SocialSignals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Desktop for routine, mutlitasking, for typing etc. I.e. Desktop for work related activities.
    Laptop for leasure. Sure, you can "work" on a airbook, it's just not cut for all the productivity of a dual monitor and multiple tasks at once.

So, laptop for me does rank high in mobile formats. (Is my go to because it can communicate at least on equal footing with desktop documents.) I would go for a tablet but the legal issues with the office package make me want to shun it down.

SocialSignals, Jun 6, 2015 IP
  6. Gamal Mahavikri

Gamal Mahavikri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    at home use dekstop

Gamal Mahavikri, Jun 7, 2015 IP