1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop hardware needs help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noli_m, Aug 1, 2008.

I can't find right place here at DP where to post this one. With the desire to get immediate response, hope this section will fit.

I am having problem on my laptop. It cannot detect dvd/cd rom. DVD/CD Rom drives on Device Manager is not available.

Thinking it is a hardware problem, removing and pushing back the dvd drive in order to its detection. I am not certain on how is the process.

Laptop I am using is.
    compaq v5210us
    amd turion 1.8Ghz
    512 mb memory

Pls. help. Thank you.

noli_m, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  2. cloud420

cloud420 Peon

Best Answers:
    When you first boot up the laptop. Hit F2 or Delete button or whatever button brings you to Setup options. From there see if it detects your drive. If it does then it is a Windows problem. Right click on "My Computer" choose "manage" and then "Disk Management". See if you detect your CD Rom drive. If you see in any of these spots take the whole CDRom out until it is detected or else you have a damage connector or CD ROM.

cloud420, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. basscleff

basscleff Active Member

Best Answers:
    try a system restore to a point a few days ago

basscleff, Aug 1, 2008 IP