1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop charger broke

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by anthonywebs, Jul 20, 2009.

K now I'm posting from my itouch but my laptop was charging fine and then it stopped charging so I wiggled the cord around it. Charged but then, as usual, it overheated and shut off so I watch what my bro is doing on his laptop for awhile then I start up my laptop and I have to wiggle it alot more to get it to charge, then it overheats and shuts off and I start it up again and I have to hold the cord down to get it to charge and then it totally stops charging and wiggling it doesn't work so I just let it run and now I am sitting next to it typing with my iPod and my laptop won't turn on at all. Any suggestions?

anthonywebs, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  2. dannywwww

dannywwww Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    buy a new charger? lol

dannywwww, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  3. anthonywebs

anthonywebs Banned

Best Answers:
    No I don't hits no money and I'm getting a mac soon but I need something until then because this touch screen is killing my fingers

anthonywebs, Jul 20, 2009 IP
  4. dynashox

dynashox Premium Member Staff

Best Answers:
    There is no other thing that you can do except buying a new charger. Or you can change it for a new one if your laptop is still under a warranty.

- Dynashox -

dynashox, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  5. highprofilerealty

highprofilerealty Banned

Best Answers:
    I think you have to check laptop. Are you sure the charger is broken.? I dont its the charger coz you said that you have to wiggle it alot the it charged, so i think the charger is fine. Check the battery.

highprofilerealty, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  6. Kerosene

Kerosene Alpha & Omega™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Buy a cheap extension cable with the same tip size (usually about $5), then cut the old tip off your charger (mid cable - not right at the end) and solder the new one on.

Kerosene, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  7. AAZZ

AAZZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    It would help if you can tell what barnd of laptop your using. I dunno where your living but under standard company warranty, accessories are not included in warranty. And to be exact, the charger falls under the accessory category.

I have a Hp laptop and its charger broke. So I got a new one from a nearby store and ordered a new one for only 11.00 U.S.D. off of ebay. The sotre has a 30 day return policy, i guess you know the rest... It is cheap from ebay because it is coming from china. And I think this should be best suited for you since you said you are buying a MAC soon.

I asked for the brand name because every brand uses a different type of charger, well most do I think. And for the HP laptop I have, the charger has two portions. One part of cord goes to the electricity and the other part is attached to the laptop. And then these two parts are attached to each other to make things work. So if you broke the part which goes in the electricity then drop by any cheap electricity store and buy that cable. For me to be exact, the laptop cable which goes in the electricity is the same cable which is used as a power cable for any Desktop PC. It is the cable which goes from your PC tower to your electricity plug.

AAZZ, Jul 21, 2009 IP
  8. angle1986

angle1986 Guest

Best Answers:
    Please visit the hardware shop and buy a new charger.

angle1986, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  9. anthonywebs

anthonywebs Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it is the charger which stinks because i have 1 dell and 2 gate ways that all use the same type of charger but this dell uses a different

anthonywebs, Jul 22, 2009 IP
  10. grigson

grigson Peon

Best Answers:
    buy a new charger.

grigson, Jul 24, 2009 IP