1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Landing Page

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by skimmy, Feb 2, 2006.

I've been in the adsense business for a bit but now I'm trying my hand at AdWords -> CJ. I was looking for suggestions as to whether I would be better off with or without my own landing page?

skimmy, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  2. The Big Deal

The Big Deal Peon

Best Answers:
    I would highly advise that you read the TOS for each merchant that you want to use. Many have strict rules regarding PPC. Some do not allow you drive the PPC directly to them and you must use a landing page. Some do not allow you to use their Trademark names in anyway with PPC. Also many have strict bidding rules with Max. amounts you can use so that you do not out bid them on specific words, etc.

I do a lot of PPC and some merchants monitor this stuff very closely and will terminate your affiliate relationship and can even withold your commissions.

In most cases I prefer to use my own landing page.

The Big Deal, Feb 2, 2006 IP
  3. skimmy

skimmy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been looking at a bunch of merchants that allow 'keyword link'. Any of the ones that I have signed up for do not say anything about having a landing page, rather the restrictions are that you 'may not bind on any of the following terms .......). If that's all I see would it be reasonable to assume that they do not have a problem with direct AdWords as long as you follow their conditions? I have seen a few merchants that explicity say no adwords or that they encourage adwords however the majority don't specifically say.

skimmy, Feb 2, 2006 IP