1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Landing page

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by bblatz, Jan 20, 2007.

Hi,

I'm not sure if I am off on this but I understand a landing site to be a webpage with a link or links from clickbank. I have assembled a single page catalogue with over 50 companies on the same issue. I intend to continue adding to this as time progresses. They are all in no specific order but each have a description of the sites services. Is this a good idea or am I simply wasting my time. Thank you.

PS - I tried directly linking clickbank companies through adwords which was a total disaster. Thousands of clicks and only 2 sales? I am down over $200. It sounds strange to me statistically but I am a nub and would appreciate any help.

bblatz

bblatz, Jan 20, 2007 IP
  2. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bblatz,

Generally, a landing page seems to work best as either a mini review site, or a single review page.

With either option, most people tend to choose the top 3-6 products or so of the genre.

If you've found over 50 companies on a single issue on clickbank, that's pretty impressive... but targeted visitors - the kind most likely to make a purchase probably will not look through all those options.

I'd recommend making either a single landing page site set up with overviews of the top 3-5 products, or a mini site with a page review on each product - this will likely be successful both in terms of sales and and time than writing a review on each product.

As far as direct linking, going for a landing page is almost certainly a better option. Not only do you get the chance to collect opt-ins, but you also get better visitor/sales tracking and less chance that you'll need to compete with others for the URL (since Google only allows 1 URL/keyword).

Telmari, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  3. dog_24

dog_24 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your wasting your time, you see in this business quantity doesn't matter at all. You have to focus on one landing page for one product, just make sure that the product is worth promoting.

Then you must write a pre-sell, or a review for this product optimized for Google's bots. Landing page is most likely a must-have nowadays. Again, you're too excited about this 'opportunity' so slow down. Make it nice and slow. (=

dog_24, Jan 21, 2007 IP
  4. bbc8712

bbc8712 Peon

Best Answers:
    landing page should target your promoting products

bbc8712, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  5. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    One landing page for one product, or a review page of three products.

A squeeze page work well too.

Franck S, Jan 23, 2007 IP
  6. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And what is a squeeze page?

frisby, Jan 24, 2007 IP
  7. Maurovz

Maurovz Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the tips. I'm a noob and I was linking my hoplink straight from adwords and guess what, no sales :(

I wish I knew what product to sell.

Maurovz, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  8. refresh9149

refresh9149 Peon

Best Answers:
    the page my adwords link to is a navigation page which takes users to reviews of all the clickbank products I'm selling. Is that bad / un-productive. Thanks

refresh9149, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  9. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    All the clickbank products you're selling? I'm assuming then you're selling more than one kind of product, in which case, you're correct, it won't work... people coming to your site probably aren't there because they've heard you're just a cool merchant with lots of great stuff - they're there because they want to improve their golf swing, train their dog, learn spanish, download mp3s, or something else.

Ergo, putting everything altogether like that is a good way to have them say "eh, what's this?" and click away. The whole point of affiliate marketing is highly optimized traffic to highly optimized sites selling highly specific products.

I'd pick one line of products and focus specifically on it.

-T

Telmari, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  10. refresh9149

refresh9149 Peon

Best Answers:
    well my site is dedicated to paid survey programs, and in order to seem credible/ presell well I reviewed a bunch of the programs as well as other free paid survey programs. The content on my landing page is directly linkned to my adds as well as my content. Sorry for the lack of info. I hope this helps with the analysis. Thanks

refresh9149, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  11. Telmari

Telmari Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well - I have some suggestions on your page - but instead of hijacking this thread, why not start a new one of your own - that will also give you the chance to probably get more input from more people as well. :)

-T

Telmari, Jan 25, 2007 IP
  12. refresh9149

refresh9149 Peon

Best Answers:
    refresh9149, Jan 26, 2007 IP