1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lag between PR rank and traffic? Traffic down 80% this week

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by jingCo, Aug 2, 2012.

I noticed the PR rank of my site DentistFind.com went to 0 from 3 a month or two ago but I didn't worry because traffic has been consistent. Then this week I noticed that my traffic went down 80% but my PR went back up to 3 and that the indexed pages decreased by 50%.

I don't know why the ranking and traffic went down. Is there a lag when the PR goes does and when the traffic is affected? Now that the PR went back to 3 will the traffic come back?

jingCo, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  2. imfusa

imfusa Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just need to wait. It usually takes about a weeek. If your pagerank is back, then google will automatically add you site where it should have been added.

imfusa, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  3. MatthewWoodward.co.uk

MatthewWoodward.co.uk Banned

Best Answers:
    Pagerank is not directly related to your rankings in Google

For example, you could have a page rank 6 site that isn't ranking due to content issues (panda) or over optimisation of the backlink profile (penguin).

The page rank returning in no way suggests the rankings will return. They are not connected in any way.

You need to conduct an analysis of your site to see where the problem lies and then come up with a solid plan to move forward and bring your sites traffic back to its former levels if not better.

http://www.matthewwoodward.co.uk/tu...acklink-profile-for-current-future-penalties/ will help you analyse your backlink profile for any possible problems.

MatthewWoodward.co.uk, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  4. TheCreator

TheCreator Banned

Best Answers:
    Traffic will impact to alexa rank. But the backlinks will impact to PR. So Traffic and PR is actually not related except if we see that high PR will make the website possibility to be put in top page of google search engine is high which in turn can generate more "search traffic" as the good impact.

TheCreator, Sep 15, 2012 IP