1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

kw placement spikes?

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by disgust, Jun 10, 2004.

I started tracking one site with one keyword- we we were doing well, climbed up from not being on the SERPs at all to being in the top 20.

then one day, I checked, and it registered at a position over 200. I was worried- what the hell could cause that? I worried that maybe the google api's data was "ahead" of the visible data, and I was just waiting for a drop in the real serps that I'd see soon.

it never happened. I stayed in the top 20. today, I checked again with the tracker, and not only is it in the top 20 again, but yesterday's spike isn't even included anymore.

1) is there a feature to "erase" these spikes from the history?
    2) what's causing them?

disgust, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just normal Google flux I would imagine. Happens sometimes for various data centers.

digitalpoint, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  3. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    did you program it to erase these spikes somehow? it's weird that it never showed again in the graph

disgust, Jun 10, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you run it more than once in a single day, it only keeps the best ranking for the day.

digitalpoint, Jun 10, 2004 IP