1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kraft Mac & Cheese Petition - Lazy Parenting?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Rebecca, Mar 10, 2013.

On Change.org they have a petition to stop Kraft from putting food dye in Mac & Cheese. They believe it's unhealthy for children. If they feel that strongly about it, how hard could it be to make their own noodles and top it with melted all-natural cheese? Instead they just keep buying it, which is probably why Kraft isn't keen on changing the formula. Why should they if it's selling? Lazy parents.

It's easy to make Mac & Cheese. Lightly boil noodles for 5 minutes. Mix in an egg, butter, milk, and cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Rebecca, Mar 10, 2013 IP
    ApocalypseXL likes this.
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Reading the petition you linked it appears that Kraft already makes 2 versions. One with and another without the dyes. I see nothing wrong with asking that they offer the version without the dyes here in America that they are already selling to other countries.

browntwn, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  3. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Rebecca: Thanks for the Mac and Cheese recipe. Sounds yummy.

I think the real comedy here is the concept that Kraft Macaroni and Cheese will somehow be healthy if and when they remove the food die. Like carbonated soda, Kraft Mac and Cheese is pure crap. It is one of a myriad food staples consumed with regularity here in the US that contribute to our obese population. You would be better off eating the carton it is sold in.

I support their right to sell it, my right not to buy it, and concerned parent's rights to educate people on one of the many problems with it. Too bad they missed the myriad of other problems with it.

Obamanation, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sure, I agree. On the other hand, this is pre-packaged food. What do they expect? This is a box with noodles, powdered processed cheese with additives. It sits on the shelf indefinitely, and is considered more a convenience, than a nutritious meal. These parents are not helpless. Kraft isn't giving their kids cancer and ADHD. They do have the option of actually cooking. In fact, I think everyone should. Nothing can compare to real food. This is something they control, and what their children eat. I think Kraft Mac & Cheese is a big seller. That's why I have the impression many would just rather petition for Kraft to change, rather than take responsibility for themselves. If they truly are concerned, they should just make homemade Mac & Cheese.

@Obamanation - Right. It's not that healthy, even without food coloring.

They could petition Top Ramen next. Maybe they should take out the caramel coloring, preservatives, and all the ingredients that most of us can't pronounce. After all, making noodles and adding vegetables on our own would be far too difficult! :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    Rebecca, Mar 11, 2013 IP