1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kontera 31 days notice and still not paid out

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by synseal, May 21, 2014.

I wanted to make this thread to bring it to the attention of people thinking of using Kontera as a publisher.

I have been using Kontera now for my forum for around 2 years, they seemed okay for the majority of time until just before Christmas 2013 when they introduced a new payment schedule, basically before they pay you 2 months in arrears prior to December 2013 but with just a couple of weeks notice (if that) they told me I had to get inline with their new payment schedule which means I would not be paid for another month meaning I would be paid 3 months in arrears!

So after getting inline with their new payment schedule I was expecting payment on the 15th of each month as before.... well I was wrong. Cutting a long story short nearly every payment since December has been late and I have had to email them each time to request payment which I should not have to do.

After getting frustrated I decided to leave Kontera so I handed my "31 days notice" in, here is the correspondence with them and asked them how I would be paid from here on with the remaining money owing to me,

So as stated above I should have been paid on the 15th of May (this month) and guess what nothing AGAIN.

I have sent in now 4 tickets which I have had one reply to.

I sent in a ticket reminding them to pay me on the 11th of May thinking they would have it for the 15th, it takes that long for them to read there customers support messages, I have waited over 10 days in the past for a reply!

One of the tickets were sent in on the 16th asking where my payment was clearly stating I had not been paid and this was their reply to me!

Notice there is no name on the bottom of that email like the others, basically they are fobbing me off by the looks of things. Obviously I have not received my payment otherwise I wouldn't have sent in the ticket!!!! so now I will probably have to wait for another 3-10 days for them to reply again and now is the 21st May and still no payment. I shouldn't have to go through this to get my payments they should be paid automatically.

This was my latest reply to them

Can anyone give me advice on how to go about making sure they pay me what is owed. I have another 2 payments left to be paid besides this one and it looks like even when you give them 31 days notice they no longer want to answer emails or pay you what is owed.

I am now using Infolinks which do feel faster on my forum than Kontera.

synseal, May 21, 2014 IP
  2. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I got paid yesterday at last, they said they "thought" they had already paid me then I was then told it was a delay on PayPals side hmm.

I will report back next month to see if I get paid on time then.

synseal, May 24, 2014 IP
  3. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Same as before not paid me again for this month! due on the 15th and nothing as of yet.
    I sent a ticket in early as I anticipated the late payment again going from the past experiences with them and I have just sent in another asking for payment.

Kontera = RUBBISH.

synseal, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  4. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is your third complaint for not getting paid why are you even continuing with such network there are many other network just get rid of them

aassociatehit, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  5. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    You appear to not have read my posts, I have already give in my notice which takes 31 days as above. Because they pay in arrears these remaining payments are what they owe me going back 3 months.

Because they pay in arrears, after giving 31 days notice they pay the arrears 1 month at a time on the 15th of each month. All of my payments have been late which shows once you give notice they don't play fair.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    synseal, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  6. aassociatehit

aassociatehit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    They seems the only network who need a notice for dropping their program which is itself weird.

aassociatehit, Jun 16, 2014 IP
  7. cohenj88

cohenj88 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, this is Jonathan from Kontera.

Aassociatehit - the 30 days notice is actually pretty standard in the industry.

Synseal, I'm not 100% sure what happened without looking at your account, but if you want to DM on Digital Point, I'd be happy to help you resolve the matter, if that's still needed.

cohenj88, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  8. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    I have send you a message Cohenj88

synseal, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  9. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I got a reply FINALLY from Kontera after my 3rd ticket and guess what??? it's a technical issue with PayPal again. Pfft

They use the same reason with me each month every time, PayPal at fault. When I issue a payment to someone if the money is there it gets sent, technical issue my **** :rolleyes:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Kontera Support.

I apologize for the delayed response. I contacted our Accounting team. We are again experiencing technical issues with PayPal. We hope to have a permanent fix for the issue so that this won't happen in future months. But as it stands now, they are scheduled to be issued next week. And you are scheduled to receive a payment of $

I sincerely apologize for the delay.

Kind Regards,

Kontera Support

synseal, Jun 17, 2014 IP
  10. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Still not been paid, a week and 2 days late now.

The way Kontera treats their customers is disgusting and I would advise anyone even considering using their service to stay well clear.

This is their latest response to me after the 5th ticket trying to get my payment from them.

No date of payment given and a "should be issued this week" PATHETIC.

Hello,

Unfortunately it has been an ongoing issue. The payments should be issued this week. There is nothing else I can do, but you will be receiving it soon.

Again, I really apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards,

Kontera Support

synseal, Jun 24, 2014 IP
  11. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Now two weeks late and still nothing from Kontera, Cohenj88 any idea why they still haven't paid me?

synseal, Jun 28, 2014 IP
  12. synseal

synseal Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting onto three weeks now and still haven't been paid.

No replies to tickets, they admit they owe me the money but just wont pay out.

cohenj88 I have sent you a message on your profile the other day to see if you could explain to me why they have not paid me yet as you work for them?

synseal, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  13. KingViper

KingViper Member

Best Answers:
    As a service provider I understand how they could possibly have issues with any payment gateway where they really are unable to do anything but wait.
    What is not okay is that they won't even come close to trying to compensate you at all for the trouble. We usually compensate all out customers and we go way out of our routine even for the ones that bring almost no profit. Apologising means nothing when money is due. Thanks for your thread, we will be very careful if we ever come to deal with Kontera, especially having in mind how outrageous our server bills are, and they can't wait for anyone's apologies.

KingViper, Jul 4, 2014 IP
  14. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I smell something fishy after reading your threads of complaints with Kontera. The usual reasoning of company who is having trouble with managing their finances. I feel your sentiments and I really doubt that in the coming future that they will resolve this issue and hopefully never blame paypal again with their internal issues. They are becoming unprofessional.

chinesegirl07, Aug 6, 2014 IP