1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Known TOS violator sites?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by bluelarva, Jul 23, 2005.

I'm in the process of building a kind of community AdSense TOS violators watchdog site. It will have analysis of why some sites are in violations and place for people to speak out for or against. The I was wondering if you know of any blatent TOS violations out there. Hopefully it will be an educational resource for someone just starting out with AdSense like myself. I'd really appreciate any help on this. Thank you. :)

bluelarva, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  2. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Odds are, any violator sites that any of us have seen have been reported. Many times we post links to them here, and soon they are bye bye, AdSense wise!

Nintendo, Jul 23, 2005 IP
  3. bluelarva

bluelarva Peon

Best Answers:
    Well.. My website idea isn't to get people in trouble but rather learn and educate other people's mistake by example. Kinda like webpagesthatsuck.com.

bluelarva, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  4. girl

girl Active Member

Best Answers:
    girl, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  5. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I believe when the site that violate TOS submitted there and google know about it and ban them, visitors will just see their site without the adsense. I mean, how long each site that violate the TOS will remain in your directory?

alang, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  6. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    NeoGen, Jul 24, 2005 IP
  7. solution2u

solution2u Peon

Best Answers:
    solution2u, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  8. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh, sometimes I think Google just don't give a flying crap as long as they make money and you don't flaunt your criminality in front of them. I used to have such a high opinion of them, and then the more I researched them, the more I get the feeling they have almost no interest in anything except to make money, period. Hey, nothing wrong with that, but man, I used to have such high opinions of them until, oh, about 2 months ago...

toocoolforschool, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  9. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    what made you change your mind 2 months ago?

Critters, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  10. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Eh, there is this current situation where I had to switch domains, then I couldn't get back into Google's index with the new site because some guy had basically hijacked my pages and content, and my new site got tagged as a "duplicate content" site and the other guy the original. And it's gonna take months (if that) to resolve this. I even got the guy to pull down everything, but man, Google just don't seem interested in keeping its listing as legit as possible. It's basically throw everything at the wall and make a buck off it mentality over there.

11. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I love the drive by poster that said

From 0 to 2100 in one month....Somehow I don't see that happening without a Google review :cool:

yfs1, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  12. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    well your a very silly boy for not keeping your domain names and getting them to redirect : lol :

On the same day I registered drawapig.com someone else did, and they beat me to it by a couple of hours... and it is just a holding page, will never have anything to do with drawing pigs, they just got it cos my site was doing so well.. swines!

13. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    I made just under $1k in my first month, so it is possible if you put ads on a site that is getting 10k+ hits a day. Where did you see that quote? I don't see it in this thread?

still following me :)

14. toocoolforschool

toocoolforschool Peon

Best Answers:
    Urgh I wish it was so simple. I was being threatened by a mega company to hand over the domain within days or they'd sue my butt. I could have fought, and I'd have won, too, but I don't earn nearly enough from the site to even THINK about battling them in court. The most screwed up thing is that they claim I was infringing on their copyright by the name of my site, but I chose the site name because it was my AOL HANDLE (!!!) from the early '90s. And their company? Didn't exist until late '90s. Bastards. But this is America. If you got a corporate lawyer, you can bully just about anyone into doing anything.

15. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Its absolutely possible but I bet there was a check on your site to make sure the ip addresses varied (whether it was automated or manual). The quote was from the forum that somebody linked a few posts ago.

It is a ring of a couple of people clicking on each others ads.

yfs1, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  16. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I am sure I have been looked into, which is cool... I would do the same given the figures. I posted in my CTRx4 post that people doing the whole "images above ads" could get flagged as a jump in CTR SHOULD be looked into.

From what I read a computer will flag your account, then a human will check it, sounds like a good system to me.

Don't you just hate those click rings, bah. But as they are found out pretty quick, and G pays people with a 1 month lag, doubt many of them will see a cheque.