1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Known Directories that generate Spam

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Event_King, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homebizseo

homebizseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Way to be johnny on the spot.

homebizseo, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  2. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

I wouldnt worry about pharmacy sites to much as the other day in the news it claimed that Yahoo and google are both working together with the USA government to stop all the spam pharmacy sites and they will soon be getting de-indexed from their search engines index so the only other method for them will be to spam your emails which are quickly deleted from inbox anyway so...;)

thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  3. FYI

FYI Member

Best Answers:
    A confirmation email doesn't mean you were listed, it means they received your submission. If you hate those emails why not just stop submitting to directories?

FYI, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  4. proprod

proprod Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you got a confirmation email from my directory(ies), you submitted to it (them).

links.scrabblestop.com is the directory of mine that is on the list. A confirmation email is sent when you submit, an email is also sent when you are approved or rejected. That's not spam, that's called letting you know what's going on. If you consider that spam, don't submit to directories.

proprod, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  5. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    The senders address is visible on the damn email - that's how I id the spam :) You know, each email has a different address..... and it works well.

BTW, It doesn't matter whether someone signs their comments here or not, but I normally let them know its from me as I sign it with ~ EK.

And I haven't sent you any red yet YMC, so why tempt me by calling me cowardly. Silly boy..... :) sigh

na actually, only the really scumwads get red from me, and they know who they are anyway - just like I know who they are. hehehe

Not wanting to upset you, as you're probably a nice guy - but I wouldn't remember a directory domain like yours, to submit to it in the first place.

I don't submit my current domain name to something like scrabblestop, and that's a fact my friend :) I wouldn't want my website in something that is difficult to find by domain name, as I'd get hardly any traffic. I've never seen your directory in my stats, and I'll post them here if you don't believe me.

So I hope that assures you that we have no business relationship whatsoever :)

Event_King, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  6. proprod

proprod Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not upset, trust me... don't need your submissions, doing fine without them :)

So why is my directory in your spam list?

proprod, Jun 26, 2008 IP
    jminscoe likes this.
  7. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    the only reason he is upset as you named him in the first post
    now correct me if I am wrong if I am reading right you are saying you didn't submit to his site:confused: I am just trying to get a better understanding if you changed your mind or might have been wrong??

jminscoe, Jun 26, 2008 IP
  8. proprod

proprod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your stats program must blow ;)

proprod, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. shadav

shadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    well and then here's the lesser question....submitted your site within any submission services? they will submit your site to any and all places that they can....

but yes an email stating, we've recieved your submission and it'll be reviewed shortly...or an email stating thank you for your submition and it was approved or an email stating sorry but we rejected your submition is far from spam! It is called customer service, informing you of your status.

lol and yeah a bit funny that here you are stating you'd not list your site in proprod's directory and never had, but yet you say his directory spammed you....hm...

however I do know of some people that have like 12 directories and when you submit to one they submit it to the rest of their directories, usually this is on a higher pr site and then they take those listings and duplicate them onto their low pr sites....it's not exactly selling information but it might as well be....

shadav, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  10. RootShell

RootShell Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    thx brother

RootShell, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  11. CR8Z

CR8Z Peon

Best Answers:
    I just joined this forum to respond to Event King's post. I was doing a search for backlinks to my site and I found that it is on this retarded list of supposed spammers! The site listed isn't even a directory any longer (and has not been a directory for over a year now!). I have never sold contact details and I have never been involved in spamming anyone! This list is slander and if a mod doesn't remove it, I will get my lawyer involved!

We all hate spam but pointing your finger at innocent URL's is only making the situation worse! Get facts straight before you go wrongfully acusing others.

CR8Z, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  12. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It was only a matter of time until one of the owners got mad. He was warned though...

mikey1090, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  13. alohanema

alohanema Banned

Best Answers:
    there's a little trouble with your list :rolleyes:

alohanema, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  14. davidjones100

davidjones100 Banned

Best Answers:
    Event_King here.

I'm here to apologise for my behaviour. I realise I was out of order to post the list, and have no intent to harm anybody - seriously:)

When posting, my style can be strong, and at the time of posting that list, I was wound up about getting spam, (that's no excuse) but that obviously showed in my post.

I apologise for upsetting directory owners, mean no harm to those owner's businesses, or the owners themselves. I'm very passionate about this industry, and spam is a menace, so apologise if my posts angered the membership here - it was not my intention to upset anybody.

Conflict has been seen on all sides in this forum, and it wastes time and energy. Some are at fault, and I guess it's because were all passionate about our sites, and want to do well. I don't believe that list is the cause of my spam problems, and again apologise for jumping to conclusions - I'm really a nice person and don't wish any harm to the members here - ofcourse not.

I do hope the directory owners accept my sincere apology, and hope they see that I'm a decent person who just wanted to help the members here,to improve their businesses. I hold no grudge whatsoever towards anybody here and even though may not agree with every post, I see and respect the opinion here and understand the passion of what you guys are attempting.

I wish the members here luck and success with their businesses.

regards

Event_King

note to moderators: I apologise for creating a new account, but had difficulty in accessing my password.

davidjones100, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  15. danger9918

danger9918 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After thrashing the directories over and over you are apologizing ??

danger9918, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  16. jminscoe

jminscoe Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt if your even Event King and if you are you can be banned as there is a rule of no duplicate accounts

jminscoe, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  17. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Even if it isn't event king they'll both be banned.

mikey1090, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  18. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Hello...

Ohhhhhhh the Drama.. :D

Well at least something positive happened in this thread :)

I know what "white DP name" is all about now.. congrats EK

laterz
    malcolm

malcolm1, Aug 25, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.