1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

knol

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by thomas steve, Jan 5, 2011.

is knol in any way helpful for seo promotion?

thomas steve, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  2. Reliable-SeoServices

Reliable-SeoServices Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is any useful for Seo as it is nofollow.

Reliable-SeoServices, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  3. Micallef

Micallef Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, links from Google knol do not have the nofollow attribute attached. Therefore, they will pass merit to the target site.

I use Google Knol often in my promotional campaigns.

Micallef, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  4. diyakapoor

diyakapoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Reliable-SeoServices Who told you that links in Google knol are nofollow? Google knol provides dofollow links and if you write quality content, your post will come in search engines rankings as well. I already have 2 Google knols which have a good rank in google.

diyakapoor, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  5. Reliable-SeoServices

Reliable-SeoServices Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Buddy.. Its Google who explain it..
    We both are correct.. read here- http://news.google.co.in/news?pz=1&cf=all&ned=in&hl=en&q=india+online+shopping&cf=all&output=rss

Neither you nor me are wrong ! :) .. anyway, for a long time,I am not using knol.

Reliable-SeoServices, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  6. arunthe

arunthe Peon

Best Answers:
    knol is the best option getting more traffic. if your content are defective......

arunthe, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  7. avpower

avpower Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, it's
    but if it's changed to nofollow, well.. you lose your backlink

avpower, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  8. Micallef

Micallef Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for doing that bit of research.

I assumed that because my Knol pages are follow, it was the same for everyone. It looks like it depends on the age and usage level of the Google account you use.

I think it's the same with Google profile links - nofollow for some, follow for others.

Micallef, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  9. iresh

iresh Peon

Best Answers:
    No follow or Do follow doesnt matter, they still drive direct traffic.. that is good

iresh, Jan 6, 2011 IP
  10. cazort

cazort Peon

Best Answers:
    I have only one Knol so far: Decaf Tea and the Safety of Decaffeination Processes. It seems to rank quite a ways behind similar articles I've written on Buzzle and EzineArticles. It's gotten some views, however, more than I'd expect for how low it's ranking in relevant searches. But I have yet to see a single visit to my tea site from that article.

Since I've only published one Knol so far, and since it often takes several articles in order to get some synergy going and have the articles start performing better, I am maintaining an open mind. But I'm still focusing on Buzzle and EzineArticles because those sites are driving a significant portion of traffic to my sites, and it's high-quality traffic: people who actually explore the site.

I'd be curious to hear from other webmasters about how Knols are performing relative to the other more well-established article directories.

cazort, Jan 17, 2011 IP