1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kiss My Azz Scotland!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by lowster11, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ChaosTrivia

ChaosTrivia Active Member

Best Answers:
    It almost sounds as you are proud that it happened in Scottish airspace......

Anyway, by the fact that the trial was in Scotland I conclude that International law says so. But this law is against my logic.

My logic says a very simple thing:
    Terrorist attacks, in which civilians are targeted only for being US, UK, or whatever citizens, should be trialed in the country against which the crime was targeted at. This was not a crime against individuals, it was a crime against a country as a country.

Example: The Nazi criminal Adolf Eichman was trialed in Israel only because his crimes were against the Jewish people, despite the fact that they were committed in Europe.

See it in another way:
    What if the murderer had set the bomb to explode 15 minutes later, when the plane is over international waters? according to your "of course" logic, it would have been no country's problem? where should then the trial of the terrorist take place according to your "of course" logic?

Hopefully you finally understand the simple thing i'm trying to say (its the 3rd attempt, and there will be no 4th attempt).
    I am talking international law and philosophy in general, and not just the particular Lockerbie case. I doubt it if there is a real law expert around who can say smart things on this bothering issue, but if so: speak up and enlighten me! :)

ChaosTrivia, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hi Chaos:)

Everyone has an opinion - some want to abolish it, in certain states it's not allowed. Yet, it's not as if someone is going to get a sentence of lethal injection from stealing a candy bar at the 7-eleven. I'm kind of in the middle, leaning more towards wanting to end capital punishment, but it's not based on compassion for murderers. From what I've read, the death penalty doesn't seem to be a deterrent or save the tax payers money, above or beyond a life sentence. Life imprisonment without any possibility of parole would probably be adequate for the most heinous crimes. Regardless, compassion for the victims of violent crime should always be first and foremost.

Off the subject, I'm wondering if al-Megrahi was treated for prostate cancer while incarcerated, does anyone know what treatment he received? Here are the average survival rates for prostate cancer vis the American Cancer Society:

* 5-year survival rate is 100%
    * 10-year survival rate is 91%
    * 15-year relative survival rate is 76%

Seems to be a very treatable cancer...

"Modern methods of finding and treating cancer mean that many prostate cancers are now found earlier and can be treated with success. If you are diagnosed this year, your outlook is likely to be better than the numbers reported above."

Next conspiracy theory: Did Scotland give al-Megrahi a placebo?

:)

Rebecca, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  3. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets try to recap then

A guy was convicted of blowing a plane where most of the victims were Americans, he might have been not guilty but Scotlands judges/ proceedings convicted him. Civilized people that we are we trusted the proceedings. Somebody say I need to see a doctor, apparently so was the judges and the jury at that trial.

He is being realeased on the ground that he was (arguably) dying, were not GOD afterall, but should he died then he should be near hes families and countryman, not on some Scottish land, unlike his "alleged" victims.

Now, since the victims are mostly Americans, naturaly theyre upset the most.

For some reason this showing of "upsetness" is called bullying and discussions turn into various subject from the "yanks" whos apparently cannot stand other sovereign country doing what it wants to waterboarding and other form of torture.

Did I missed anything?

tonyran, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  4. kevmacmeh

kevmacmeh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel sorry for America. Ignorant views being displayed here...

I direct you to a copy of this book

http://www.amazon.com/How-Scots-Made-America-Michael/dp/0312338767

Will any of you go and read it? I think not. You prefer to bulldoze your opinions on Scotland who are just following their own laws.

I am a proud Scot and always will be. I will not stand for anyone bullying my country.

Alba Gu Brath

kevmacmeh, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  5. Truth777

Truth777 Peon

Best Answers:
    His Release was Blessed by Washington. Look Deeper into the matter! They are playing politics with you again.
    This was a mass murder of people. And Kadafi himself was behind it. Why Kadafi did it is different story, but he was behind it. It is a BS to think the Scots decided it on their own to release Megrahi on humanitarian grounds. It is made to look like it is an all out Scotland's decision, so others can say we didn't do it we didn't want to release such a bloody terrorist. But his release was 100% OK'd by Washington.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
    Truth777, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  6. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I wouldn't be so sure of that.

Rebecca, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  7. ThraXed

ThraXed Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps the Americans should be reminded of the case of Second Lieutenant William Calley, who was involved in the murder of at least 350 unarmed women, children and elderly people at My Lai in 1968.

He was found guilty, sentenced to life in prison and served three years of house arrest before being released.

ThraXed, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  8. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Note added: Argentina dispute against the arrest as it violated the sovereign rights of the Argentine Republic. Israel somehow probably used its influence to solve the issue with Argentina.
    Logically - that arrest was not valid. :)

Cite:http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/e/eichmann-adolf/transcripts/Judgment/Judgment-007.html
    Cite:http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/e/eichmann-adolf/transcripts/Appeal/Appeal-Session-07-05.html

wptheme, Aug 25, 2009 IP
  9. kevmacmeh

kevmacmeh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Belated boycott on America anyone? :p

kevmacmeh, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  10. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    Interesting!
    Your links are broken and the wikipedia article (section: "capture") mentioned nothing about it.
    Let me know if you find something for me to read on this subject.

If you would like also to elaborate more about the "influence" Israel had in the early 60's and how did it manifest itself in world politics, I would be grateful as well.

ChaosTrivia, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  11. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    oh come on Chaos, can't believe you are that much lazy!! it just needs one search in Google for any of the links he posted to find them, or maybe you did not want people to find them?

here are the links:

http://www.nizkor.org/hweb/people/e/eichmann-adolf/transcripts/Judgment/

click on: Judgment-007.html.gz to download the page & article, too much work maybe for you? nah, don't think so, cos it won't take 1% of the time needed to type one of your essays here,

I read it quickly, it looks like relations between Israel and Argentina then were not ok:

you can do the same with the other file.

imad, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  12. ChaosTrivia

Best Answers:
    شكرًا جزيلاً !

I was lazy indeed.
    Now I know of the incident (and that it was resolved on 3 Aug 1960 by mutual agreement, as quoted).

ChaosTrivia, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  13. imad

imad Peon

Best Answers:
    yup, which is same as wptheme said:

let's say somebody who is very influenced killed somebody else, and later used his influence to get out of jail, that does not make him innocent ;)

imad, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  14. lowster11

lowster11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it has been over a week now and I guess I have learned to live with it :(

No matter who was guilty or fell the blame, my sis and nephew are just 2 of the victims whom never did anything wrong to become some dumbass' attempt to push America into doing something.

After reading all of the replies to this post I can only close with my after-thought :rolleyes:

Out of all persons whom replied in this discussion, how many of you actually put yourselves in my families shoes?

I give a fuc% if you are my neighbor, live in N. Korea, or are from mars.
    You can damn well bet you would feel the same!!!

Just remember, I am an American and I can say what is on my mind as well as tell my own Government to kiss my ass to their faces and wake up the next day to read about it in the paper. You are in-titled to your own opinion and you should be glad that you have one,

I Love My Country, But Fear My Government!!

Peace be with you :p

P.S
    I hate no one but my ex-wife!!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    lowster11, Aug 29, 2009 IP