1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Kindly review my website please? :)

Discussion in 'Websites' started by NicoleBach, Mar 22, 2015.

Hi, guys!

My name is Nicole and recently, I was asked by my dad's friend to create this website.

Here are a couple of pages -http://tipo.no/ and http://tipo.no/autistisk-savant-forbloffende/
    Now, what I am looking for here is a critical review. I have gone about following the usual method and hence, used a basic layout.

Since it's a site about autistic children, I was wondering if there is any other path I could have followed to make it more appealing and hence, popular? What's your reaction as a customer?

I am sorry for so many questions, this is my first project and I want it to be good! :)

Also, in one of the pages, the story of the company is being told. Do you guys have any suggestions on how else it could have been told? I was wondering something along the lines of using a hierarchical representation of some sort? I don't know, I am still thinking.

Anyway, thank you for your time, folks.

I appreciate it and have a good day! :)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    NicoleBach, Mar 22, 2015 IP
  2. Digital.Marketing

Digital.Marketing Banned

Best Answers:
    Your site looks is simple but nice work & People like simple as well. Because people believe that , Simple is always best. We like yours sites simply color combination. Your business is carried out in an efficient way and the content created is most important part of consumer-centric. Good luck & just go ahead with your great responsibility.

Digital.Marketing, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  3. Tywest01

Tywest01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you have an inspiration site in mind when you chose your theme? I would search for furniture sites and examine how the layouts look, what elements are prominent, types of pages common among several different sites, and so on. Learn from those who have a higher level of skill. Through imitation you will gain insight. Also, your home page should definitely be filled with big, beautiful pics of furniture!

Tywest01, Mar 27, 2015 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Dunno where he got "furniture" - I'm guessing mildly retarded, or just in the wrong thread. Either way - the site looks good, but there are some minor issues - first one, it's not "Menj" - it's "Meny" (bottom left menu). The header-image looks crushed (compressed) - is it? Or is it just a weird angle? Should maybe chose a better image as a header image. The search-box doesn't fit with the button (and the magnifying glass on the button is almost invisible) - should be lightened, and perhaps moved to the other side (most people look for the button on the right side fo the search-bar). On the home page, you have small red icons with a pencil in them over the search- and reddit-box - on the other pages, these are changed to a folder-icon - personally, I prefer the first one, as the second one doesn't really make that much sense, and crashes a bit with the color-theme of the page. The front page looks quite good, apart from the header image, but the other pages looks a bit more "not thought through" - I realise that that might be the theme working against you, of course, but you might wanna work a little bit on the icons, colors and general overall style of the page. Make sure everything goes together, both color and style-wise.

Apart from that, nice site, and it's nice to see a fellow Norwegian on the site.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 23, 2015 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There are a LOT of problems with that site; particularly if your target audience may have accessibility issues; given it's a site about autism, there's a pretty good chance of that.

The logo looks tossed together any-old-way, it's one of those useless fixed width designs mated to fixed metric fonts. You seem to change font-face willy-nilly every time the wind blows, and really serif fonts are for PRINT, not screen! That tan with the image behind it is too "neutral" a color on the spectrum for black OR white text to actually meet WCAG 2.0 AA color contrasts minimums the red headings look completely at odds with the rest of the design, and generally speaking I'd just axe that "torn paper" image entirely as it's artsy PSD jockey bull that would be "Not viable for web deployment" had the site been built properly as semi-fluid, elastic and responsive.

Not sure what you mean by "the usual method" but whatever it is, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!! It gets worse when we peek under the hood. Naturally it's turdpress so the code is automatically ineptly developed rubbish that I'd suggest nuking from orbit. The gibberish use of numbered headings, endless pointless DIV, ID and classes, and overall code and file count bloat with endless "scripting for nothing" just makes it the typical laundry list of how NOT to build a website.

I'd suggest pitching that entire disaster in the trash and starting over from scratch, there is little if anything I'd try to salvage from that mess. It's fat, bloated and slow, has little if anything in the way of meeting accessibility minimums, and is entirely typical of letting off the shelf technologies delude you into thinking you can build a website.

deathshadow, Jul 24, 2015 IP